When you mix?

I need silence when I’m mixing… I fuck up enough as it is with out any more distractions
:grin:

9 Likes

Anyone talking to me while mixing throws me off more than anything.

6 Likes

Double dittos :grin:

5 Likes

I listen to whatever I happen to be listening at the time. Sometimes it’s music, sometimes it’s podcasts, and the last time I mixed I was on a binge of listening to clips of O&A with Patrice O’Neal so that’s what I had playing.

4 Likes

11 Likes

Usually have the TV on as well as logged in to ELR. I bounce back and forth between the forum and recipe sides. The forums to see whats new or watch how quickly topics derail, and the recipe side to look at notes for new mixes I’m trying, and also browse for others I might try.

6 Likes

I just listen to the wife complain that its smells like a candy factory.

7 Likes

When you say others to try in the forums, do you mean recipes?:sunglasses:

1 Like

I don’t like talking while mixing either but the TV can be on and I’m good w/ PM’ing while mixing. I typically have the forum and the recipe side open since I use ELR to mix anyhow.

4 Likes

lol, love it

4 Likes

Occasionally I listen to old recordings of Art Bell on the radio on youtube (talking about aliens and paranormal weirdness). I used to listen to these recordings while I was painting landscapes and portraits. The recordings are 2 and 3 hours long. I know it sounds nuts but Art’s stuff was just so weird with all those people calling in, it never got boring. It’s still not boring. Of late he has become political and I can’t listen to his newer stuff but his old stuff from years ago was a silly blast.

4 Likes

Quiet please! I’m a bloke, we don’t multi task.

4 Likes

Podcasts - can recommend S-town. From the team that made the series “Serial” which was fantastic.

4 Likes

When I concentrate everything gets shut out, so I can’t really what I hear. I don’t purposely turn anything on.

4 Likes

1 very cold beer, 1 very large bong load. A good song on the radio.

3 Likes

What i mix is depending on my mood and say i wanna cereal like vape. ill grab a bunch of bottles (10-40) and set them in front of me pop on a movie and just smell each one without trying to think of any special recipe on the mind. Then when a recipe hits me ill stop the movie write it all down. my better recipes come from thinking less and going with my nose and taste bud memories.

5 Likes

Speak for yourself, I can look at two scantily clad women at once with no problem at all. So therefore I do multitask :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

No you don.t… It takes two hands to mix :wink:

1 Like