Which flavour in your collection, tastes nothing like it is supposed to?

I have a few flavours that taste nothing like they are supposed to, but the worst of all is Flavourart Pineapple. It always tastes more like onion to me. No matter what % I mix it at. it doesn’t resemble fresh, juiced or tinned pineapple in anyway to me.

Anyone else got flavours that do this to your tastebuds?

4 Likes

CAP glazed doughnut - Like concentrated play dough on my tongue. I’ve no use for this and I dodge all recipes that use it but others love it. Go figure?

2 Likes

FA Description

A totally tropical taste sensation awaits you in this succulent creation from the master blender. Years of experience have resulted in a flavour that replicates the sweet taste of Pineapple with unnerving accuracy.

Surely, the marketing team wouldn’t lie just to sell a product :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

CAP Maple (Pancake Syrup), tastes like mackerel to me

3 Likes

FLV tricks cereal, mushrooms! :worried:

2 Likes
3 Likes

TFA guava, thought it would be good in one of my tropical WIP recipes a while back and after trying it as low as half a percent I have shelved that recipe for a while lol it tastes like a mouth full of flowers that low and just gets worse the higher you go

I’d say any custard I’ve tried (CAP, TPA, LA, FLV, FA). They don’t taste bad and all have their place when used properly, but nothing like actual custard I’ve had over the years.

3 Likes

I notice you don’t have inawera on that list, INW custard at 3% with some INW creme brûlée at 2-4% is the closest I’ve tasted so far to an eggy yummy custard, YMMV though lol

3 Likes

FA Joy always makes my vape taste like a fresh bouquet of flowers.

1 Like

Ones that are well known. TFA Blue Raspberry and TFA Hawaiian Drink. They were in my first flavor order. On the plus side it was a great learning experience to do my research to avoid spending cash on crap.

1 Like

Really? Flowers?!! Wow, that’s one I’ve never heard!

1 Like

Odd. I go through that concentrate like it’s going out of fashion. My favourite recipe is a Green Apple Guava, and I use TFA for all of it. I find it really good.

It’s pretty cool how subjective taste is, I have a buddy that thinks CAP yellow peach tastes like strawberries lol

I had a banana mix that i sold to my friend. He said it was tasted like strawberry and that it had to be strawberry because of the pinkish/ amber hue it steeped into. Banana would steep yellow he insisted. I gave up explaining how the different hues appear as a result of steeping. End of story-nope. He sold the liquid to his friend who also thought it was the best strawberry he ever tasted lol His friend then called me asking for more Strawberry E liquid. It was BANANA I explained lol

2 Likes

I think this phenomenon is somehow related to the way cold or wet both feel the same if your not sure lol

2 Likes

I find flavorings to be almost placebo-like sometimes. I gave a bottle of an apple based liquid and a tobacco based liquid to a friend once. I accidentally mismatched the labels. He was vaping the tobacco liquid and told me it was the best apple mix he ever had. I tried it and it was clearly a straight tobacco vape.

4 Likes