Which RDA? Recommendations?

#Gearbest has the Dead Rabbit on sale for about $20. Love the Drop. Have a Pulse 24mm too but use my Drop for testing my diy recipes as it delivers for me and my Dead Rabbit is married to my squonker.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your recommendations!!..solid advise!
so this is where I’m at.
Right at the moment, its a 2 horse race between the Dead Rabbit & the Bonza (with the DR 1/2 a nose in front). I like the deck on the DR but the airflow of the Bonza
I’ve opted not to go for anything smaller than 24mm due to the reduced chamber size - all excellent for flavour, but maybe too excellent for my purpose.
2 others have made it onto the shopping list for later - the DPRO - a stunning looking atty & a nice looking deck at a very reasonable price. @Norseman, having now read @mjag’s review on this atty as well, I appreciate why you’d like my opinion - there was quite a bit of disparity between your experiences. I’ll be going for the ultem version so hopefully my experience will be more similar to yours.
The other is the Entheon - a totally awesome & beautifully crafted little beast at unfortunately (you did warn me @Chrispdx!) a totally outa the ball park price …I’ll be saving for a while before I can bring this baby home (…& when I do, WTF am I gunna tell the missus? I can hear it now…"You paid $130??.. for… that??)
Any how… thx again all. I really appreciate your input. I’ll let you know whether its a rabbit or a bogan that wins.

3 Likes

I have both the Bonza and the DR but I actually prefer the deck on the Bonza (so easy to build on) and love the airflow on the Bonza as well. If you are curious about the Entheon you could always try the clone first although I decided to grab the Le Supersonic clone instead of the Entheon

2 Likes

The Entheon is nice. It has great flavor but the draw is too restrictive for my vaping style. I prefer the Wasp over the Entheon. Flavor is just as good and it has more airflow. I’ve been playing around with the Drop and I’m very impressed. Excellent flavor and smooth airflow. Very easy to build and works well with single and dual coils.

3 Likes

I did have some problems with my Dpro RDA but with a single coil it is still in my rotation for testing flavors, I like it that much. The ultem top cap makes more sense than the aluminum I received, that is probably the reason for the disparity with the o’rings.

I would recommend changing the grub screws to the slot version that are included. I had 3 grub screws go bad on me, 1 actually fractured in 2 spots and it not like I am the Hulk or anything.

3 Likes

Love the Drop :+1:

2 Likes

Thx for your comments @Wings4Life. If you where running a single coil, would you still prefer the Bonza deck? I liked the look of the DR deck because a single coil is mounted centraly, receiving airflow from both sides… we’ll, that’s my logic anyhow …which could be wrong.
My days with clones are done - maybe just my bad luck, but I’ve been disappointed too many times.

1 Like

I’m a sucker for a beautifully crafted piece & the Entheon appears to be one of those. That said, I do like a bit of air…

1 Like

Well, that’s positive!
Thanks for your tips… illl bear them in mind!

2 Likes

For a single coil setup, the DR deck would definitely work out better than the Bonza (would probably never consider doing a single coil on the Bonza). That said, there are RDAs out there meant for single coils and the DR and Bonza aren’t the first ones that come to mind…

2 Likes

Ya… aware of that, but ultimately a 24mm dual (that I can also run as a single) will suit my purpose better. Thx for your advise :+1:. My choice will prob be the DR.

1 Like

I hate those kind of threads! I hate everyone, who recommend atomizers! Shame on you!
Trowing%20money%201

Yesterday i had to order a derringer V3 and a Nano Wasp, because it´s soooo gooood for flavour testing! An Avocado, Goon 1.5 and Aura is also on their way to germany. I think i need some help to say no, you don´t need more gear, it´s enough. 1st world problems…

over&out
Weedhunter

9 Likes

The DR is a great RDA. You should like it! I’ll need to test it some time with a single coil build and see how it performs.

2 Likes

If anyone gets a Dead Rabbit check out this video
@vonTrueso @Chrispdx @Skullblade789

It turned a good RDA into a really good RDA
Now the air flow hits the bottom and the sides of the coil and brings out the high notes of the flavor :smiley:
And it only took me 10 minutes to do
I have the DR SQ

4 Likes

Hmm… it might make it really good, but it really bugs me that stuff has to be “fixed” in order for it to do what its meant to. I was going to order 1 of these today but I can say I’m really not into the hassle… I think I’m back to the Bonza.
Thanks for the share @Rob62

3 Likes

It actually is a really good RDA straight out of the box. You can buy about anything and make improvements to fit your wants or needs. But for the most part alterations are rarely needed and I never make alterations until I’ve exhausted all possibilities of getting a good vape. The DR is a good vape if coiled and wicked properly.

4 Likes

I’ve got the original DR and the SQ. Overall I get better flavor from both than any of my other RDAs. The “fix” he recommends looks easy, but I have to say I really think it’s unnecessary. I use primarily 22G SS round wire builds in them and have enjoyed the heck out of them both with no modifications. I tried a lot of fancier builds but with single battery mods and squonkers I just don’t enjoy the long ramp up and fast battery drain.

That said I am still looking to add to the collection and the Wasp and new Nudge 22 will probably be my next additions.

5 Likes

All I can say is I did notice a big difference in flavor with the ( airflow in line of sight ) of the coil
like he said in the video

3 Likes

I purchased a Goon 1.5 (clone) I believe from FT and liked it so well that I ordered another from the same location. Strange thing is, one of the Goons well isn’t as deep as the other, if you look at this picture you can actually see the difference on where the seals are as the height difference.

2 Likes

I own a Goon 1.5 from Fasttech too. I ordered another one from everzon. Authentic for € 17,29. Nice Price! I will check it out if there are any difference.

1 Like