Whiterose Custom Mod Thread!

That is an excellent piece man. A white, white rose would look good on it.

1 Like

Very nice build, these NLPWM boards really allow a clean setup. How are the fire buttons? I would rather use a bigger oneā€¦
How do you attach the board to the enclosure?

Fire button is actually an actuator. Kinda hard to make something bigger, lol. It does allow for a remote switch, but space is limited.
Epoxy is what holds them to the case.

1 Like

Have you seen all the features in the NLPWM board?

Yes i have! Right now Iā€™m building a micro PWM 2.2 and i like it already. I also have more Big Al boards and another DNA75. Unfortunately the Big Al iPWM boards wonā€™t hold the voltage, not even in the favorite setting. It keeps dropping off when the battery level goes down. The murata board doesnā€™t do that and as far as i remember the old Big Al sled board didnā€™t do that either. Have to do some testingā€¦

But I will have to get one of the NLWPM boards. They are expensive but no fuzz with the display and a pot. 3 holes and the window for the display and thatā€™s it, looks like a quick build. Have you epoxied the display only or is there more epoxy to hold the board? Iā€™ve seen a 3d printed mount for it but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™s not rubbish.

Hey Rob, let me help you out brother. No need to go to all the trouble of a complicated raffle. Just send it to me. Quick and easy fix, right?

2 Likes

well you can definitely rule out the people claiming they have won it already!!! mybe just eliminate people for obtuse reasons until you have just me left!

2 Likes

Ya good idea
I nominate that everyone that uses more than 2 ! in a post be eliminated

lmao

1 Like

I am kinda digginā€™ that as well . Another absurdly clean build as always @Whiterose0818 !

3 Likes

i use the board mount from Modsledzā€¦works great! there are other board mounts availableā€¦Iā€™m sure ModMaker.co.uk has some board holders available.
So the iPWM wont effectively lock the output voltage? Have you posted to his FB site? Or the iPWM group?

No, i havenā€™t. I want to play a bit more and build another one to confirm the problem before asking any questions. Batteries should be fine but thatā€™s another thing i want to test. Good idea though to have a look at the fb group, if it is an issue for other people it may have been discussed there already.
Have you got a mod with a iPWM board? Any issues like that?

i bought 5 of them to try out, but since i bought them, i have seen and have personally experienced his lack of professionalism in certain situations. Kinda makes me not want to try his product or build what i have. I have 5 of his iPWM boards and 5 of his regular boards left, butā€¦Iā€™m not feeling it, ya know? I can purchase and use boards from at least 4 other guys/companies that i can think of right off the top of my headā€¦and each of those offer EXCELLENT customer care AND are solid individuals.
Iā€™m extremely curious to see how things go if and when you do bring this up in his FB iPWM group AND Big Alā€™s FB page. Please please please keep me posted! Iā€™ll keep my eyes on the pages to see if i see you!

4 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1689646494646924/

this is the iPWM group

OK Iā€™ll have a look at the fb group and bring up the subjectā€¦ I have emailed them a couple of times and only received answers to a few.

Yup, I can believe that totally. You bought the board from Modmaker, right?
I think it deserves a mention to their site.
If/when you wanna try some other boards from across the pond, lemme know, Iā€™ll send you whatever at cost.

I havenā€™t advertised it anywhere yet, but the mod pictured above is for saleā€¦any one interested?

Never mindā€¦SOLD!

Closed groupā€¦ sent a join request

1 Like

find me on FB, iā€™ll add you personally.
Rob McLeod
my logo is my profile pic

sent you a request