Who has two thumbs and 3 YEARS Cigarette free?

Congrats SF…

giphy%20(3)

13 Likes

I went over 3 years cigarette free last month smoked for 43 years Thanks to vaping

10 Likes

:+1: Congrats it’s just… never again!! Now it’s up to us to have more and more people give up and start vaping that’s a lot safer!

9 Likes

Im a newbie and just wanted to say Congratulations-

10 Likes

Well done. Don’t mean to brag, but I’m 4 years now, and also, like you I think ELR has been a huge help. Such a great site, and full of kind, helpful people. Restores my confidence in the human race. Keep up the good work. Personally, as long as I can vape, I can’t ever see myself going back.

9 Likes

Me too! Me too! Congratulations to you!

8 Likes

Congratulations on your sucess on 3 years stinkees free. ELR has helped us all.

6 Likes

Congratulations!!! That’s Super Awesome!!!

6 Likes

Way to go bud! I have that app on my phone “Since I Quit” and it’s a great reminder of where we were before. I encourage everyone to get something like this to chart your progress…

12 Likes

W00t!
Congratz on the 3 years

5 Likes

Do you have a link to that?
I rolled my own. so the cost part won’t be of any real use but the amount I haven’t smoked would be cool, and the amount of time I haven’t.

3 Likes

Does that app take into consideration the increase in price of cigarettes (or tobacco) over time?
Since I quite, the price has more than doubled for tobacco and regular cigarettes have had a significant increase as well.

2 Likes

It’s an app I have on my phone called Since I Quit which if I did this right is here on the App Store Since I Quit

No. It’s based on user input. I think you’d have to have some type of link to real-time pricing for your particular brand of cigarettes for that to happen.

There may be and probably are better apps out there, this is just the one I use. But I don’t want to make this about me. @Sprkslfly - do you use anything to track how much you save or how many cigarettes you aren’t smoking?

6 Likes

I do sir!
It’s called “Smoke Free” by a man named: David Crane PhD

The above numbers are factored using the following info (so it’s not only out of date dollar-wise [money saved], but also doesn’t factor in those days where I went through two, or even three packs!)

But it still paints quite the vivid picture of how far I’ve come! :wink:

I use an older version though (v1. 1.6) which is available at https://m.apkpure.com/smoke-free-quit-smoking-now-and-stop-for-good/com.portablepixels.smokefree/versions

I started with v1.0.0 as it came out about the same time I quit. It was the nicest of the bunch that was available at the time IMO (very similar to the data yours includes in fact). And it should be said that I was on a Samsung galaxy s3 (android 4.4.2) then. I am now using a galaxy s5 (android 6.0.1), and v1.1.6 still works on it without issue.

Because I use Titanium Backup, I was able to revert to the version I preferred way back when (it started getting a bit ‘fluffy’ for my tastes IIRC).
But it may or may not work for others Android phones, which is why I provided the link above. :wink:
As most know, sometimes an update isn’t needed/wanted, and even can remove functionality (as popularity increases, and the author decides to make it a paid app for instance. NOT that that’s what happened here [it didn’t]. But just illustrating the point to those who may not trust why such a site is useful. Some people think that if an app doesn’t come from Google Play, or the Amazon App Store it’s not legit)

Anyways, I appreciate ALL of the well-wishing from everyone, and I’ve celebrated along with Steve68 and everyone else who’s hitting their milestones (from one month to a number of years) thanks to vaping, as well as the love and support of ELR!

I also think there is a definite (though much smaller) percentage of us who vaping alone might not have “saved” due to financial constraints. Especially when only a few short years ago, most 30ml finished liquid was averaging $30. And that’s just not viable for most who subohm. So DIY wasn’t just a hobby for me, it was a necessity!

Again, I can’t say THANK YOU enough! To Lars, the community here, and vaping as a whole.
My life would be quite different without it all. I’ll be ever grateful for the changes!

5 Likes

I don’t know of ANY apps that do that.
Not only that, but it would have to be user entered as the price changes due to local and or geographic price differences. (So it’s kind of an unrealistic request of a developer IMO. IE: some states here in the United States are only $6-$7 a pack, others are $15-$20, and then you try and factor in all the different state taxes etc, and it’s simply not possible for one dev to do.)

4 Likes

7 Likes

Yup and I’m sorry if my comment wasn’t clear. Just like sarcasm is sometimes hard to pick up from a written text… it was kind of a rhetorical question :wink:
I just wanted to say that all those apps are saying “you saved this much money”, but it’s going to be a heck of a lot more than that and the longer you quit the bigger the difference will be.

2 Likes

I figure it will balance out to some degree
But that will of course vary by circumstances.

Given that those of us who smoked for decades weren’t always paying what we “keyed into the app” at the time we quit. :wink:

/EDIT:
Pardon my momentary ‘logic fail’. chuckles
Money spent /= money saved since the quit date.
Derp. :crazy_face:
Let’s call it a ‘senior moment’ and kindly gloss over it. LMAO
/EDIT

I kept saying that I would quit when a pack went to $3. Then, again, when they went to $4 a pack. Only some time after they hit $5 a pack (and started “realizing my age” in addition to other factors) did I finally get pissed off enough to take a serious stand on matters.

3 Likes