Why cant you sort the recipes by rating properly?

Clicking on rating…it doesn’t sort the recipes by highest ratings first. Why

2 Likes

Umm it does for me can you show the url that is produced it should be something like

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/list?q=&missing=0&exclsingle=0&adaptedfrom=&sort=score&direction=desc

5 Likes

Looks good to me after clicking “rating”

6 Likes

5 and 4.5 star recipes are mixed up because the amount of votes plays a role too. I assume that’s probably why he says it doesn’t sort properly.

7 Likes

This is how it sorts when I try to sort by rating…

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. Just know that there’s a complicated algorithm behind it all.

The amount of 5 stars, 4 stars etc that are given play a role as well as the amount of people voting on it. Just know that all these recipes are highly rated and mostly very different from each other. Just take the ratings as indicative and not as exact science.

5 Likes

But that’s the exact same result that @Chrispdx is showing. Minus the advertising.
Looks fine to me.

4 Likes

I just checked and it works fine for me.

5 Likes

Back in my IT days we used to call this P.E.B.C.A.C.

7 Likes

Sounds like a medicine my mother forced me to drink to threw up things I shouldnt eat. Or is that something else?

6 Likes

That’s something else. Ipekac or something.
PEBCAC = Problem Exists Between Chair And Computer

8 Likes

That’s the Truth !! LOL
Gonna have to borrow that statement from you.

6 Likes

i’m so using that

6 Likes

You will want more than just the average rating to be a weight criteria. If not, all the new recipes with one 5 star rating would take over the top list.

What exactly is it that you see being an issue with the algorithm used? Maybe if you explain what you think is the issue with the approach, daath could take it into consideration if a better soluution would be presented.

4 Likes