Why is my 100mg/ml nic brown? is this normal?

Hello Everyone,
I am 100% new with diy. i have read as much as i can on diy mixing and i have mixed 3 different flavors so far. the flavors have incredibly harsh throat hits to the point i cant even smoke it . I read that oxidized nic could ruin the mix. I ordered 100mg/ml nic from vapewild.com and when i received it it was dark brown in color. I assumed it was oxidized but when i contacted them they told me it was perfectly normal and wont affect my mixes. Is this true and maybe i’m doing something else wrong while mixing, or should the nic be clear when i receive it?

4 Likes

Mix up a 10ml bottle of just base, whatever pg/vg ratio you normally use, add the nic level you normally use, give it a good shake and then test it. If it’s harsh then your nic is bad. If not, it’s something else. From your description of the color, I’m guessing the nic is bad.

2 Likes

Oh, and nothing against Vapewild, but look into NicRiver or Liquidbarn for your Nic. Good prices, good quality. I use LB myself.

7 Likes

It could be a handful of things.

Is the base 100% vg or pg%. Did you shake the heck out of it prior to mixing. Hotspots are real. Even in pg (yes I can attest to that)

Did you test your nic to make sure it was 100mg?

Did you acutally measure with a syringe or by weight? Are you sure you added the proper amount.

More details would be helpful about your vaping experience since we don’t smoke. Now if you are smoking your mix then that might be a problem.

4 Likes

Tan, not dark brown and definitely bad if showed up in a clear bottle as the site suggested, They are a finished e-juice company, cant comment on the quality there, but not a diy source and if 60ml 100 mg nic is the largest size available then its been rebottled very many times. As @NChris suggested u want to use diy vendors and steer from the finished juice vendors as they dont cater to us as much. Gl to u!

2 Likes

the base is 100% vg i did shake it. I did not test the nic (some info on how to do that would be helpful)
I measured with syringe but am about to start measuring by weight as everything i have read suggest that as the superior way.

1 Like

@Jordan26 You had me @ “It was dark brown”. Yeah, I’d say they are full of $%^&##%^. I’ve NEVER received an order of ANY shade of brown NIC before, and I probably wouldn’t use any more of that NIC if I was you. Dark color, harsh, say no more. Toss it, if they won’t refund your money, take them off the list, and go elsewhere.

I don’t know where you are storing your NIC, but in amber glass bottles, in your freezer would be the best, just in case you get some NOT dark brown NIC, and you want to keep it that way.

5 Likes

thanks i was drawn to them as they ship to Hawaii for free but i will gladly pay shipping for better quality products.

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes

@Jordan26 I think you see how much the free shipping was worth, hehe.

Nude Nicotine (expensive, and slower processing), or @Nicotine_River will take FAR better care of you.

I tested some TWO year old NIC from Nude Nic, and it’s barely off clear, after 2 years !!!

nude%20nic

3 Likes

If it’s brown, flush it down !!!

8 Likes

sry but thks to @SessionDrummer and many other suggestions, thread and your crisis could have been avoided Where do you buy your NIC from? you win some u lose some. Deal w/ vendors that are accustom to DIY. Welcome aboard! You can introduce yourself : Be polite and introduce yourself! and get started, forum search engine is your friend, please dont hesitate to use it as it has so many answer beyond the given e-liquid questions DIY: Spare Atomizer/ RDA holder tribute to saxon, but embarressed that i cant recall his exact handle.

1 Like

But don’t do this while totally exhausted and always remember to leave room for expansion.

1 Like

Maybe try eciggity, they are in Hawaii

2 Likes

@Jordan26 Listen to @Daven don’t do what I did LOL !!!

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I have 100mg Nic in the freezer 26 months old from Nicotine River, and it is crystal clear! If yours is Brown…its OXIDIZED!!

4 Likes

it came in a clear bottle per ? pics from site, problems right there. Rock on guys! even more he said thks! I wont be embarrassed by helping a fool and not get at least a thank you here. Gl to u @Jordan26

2 Likes

Vapewilds real claim to fame is they have dirt cheap juice. They also mix and ship, so any juice you get from them still has to steep. My experience with vapewild is that they are good at what they do, but what they do isn’t that good lol everyone else has already said everything else I would say, that being said my preference is nicotine river.

3 Likes

I’ve never purchased their diy supply, however I’ve gotten juices as I started vaping. Most of them were extremely harsh to a point that it made me actually cry. Not kidding so I never purchased liquid there again. However couple weeks ago I purchased a second wasp nano and they send me samples. Anything that did have nicotine in it, even at max VG and different pg/VG ratios were brutally harsh and peppery. The ones with 0 nic were basic flavors I won’t be longing for but did not have that harshness. Its defiantly the nic they are mixing with and now obviously selling. As others mentioned look for a better place.

3 Likes

Yeah i ordered some vg pg and flavor concentrates from vapewild when i decided to try diy too. I dont know for a fact but i would bet a lot that theyre not making their own flavors, theyre likely rebottling from tpa or flavorwest. So if you do decide to shop elsewhere, for flavors i would suggest diyvaporsupply, nicotineriver, and bullcityflavors. Be sure to really peruse this site and you’ll find tons of info on all the best flavors and everything else diy. Dont let the bad first experience discourage you too much. It took me a while to finally just follow the advice from what i read here and now i cant imagine not making my own juice. Good luck!

4 Likes