Why so much strawberry?

People do start with bannana. But it goes very wrong very fast with yucky tastes.

Watermelon is another challenge where it comes out weak and watery.

Orange has too many cirtus notes making them hard to nail a clean full orange without odd notes.

This is why a lot of people start with apples and strawberry. Yes, nailing the perfect strawberry (sb) is hard but their are a fair number of decent concentrates that get you a decent vape experience. Good luck doing that with orange.

8 Likes

in my experience (but then I’m English) everybody loves strawberries; but they all buy apples, bananas etc considerably more often, and in much greater quantities, because they’re substantially cheaper!

I suspect that list was based on what people actually buy, not on what they really like! By the same logic, sliced bread and potatoes would be amongst the most popular foodstuffs , and organic chocolate ice-cream wouldn’t get a look-in

Fortunalely for us, stawberry, raspberry, cherry etc, are every bit as as cheap to vape as banana! So , naturally we go for those pricey little berries instead. :yum:

8 Likes

I am on the tomato matter :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sigh … what’s the purpose of this? These results are just based on what the writer is after.
Here’s a flavor list where strawberry is on top: https://www.statista.com/statistics/280744/us-households-most-eaten-flavors-of-jams-jellies-and-preserves-trend/
There is no way that flavors that are popular for food compare in any way to flavors that are popular in vaping. You couldn’t pay me to eat an apple or drink apple juice, yet I like apple vapes a lot. And I love coffee so much I can drink liters in a day, yet I’m not really that keen on coffee vapes.

If you watch the worst flavors to vape series from Zamplebox on youtube, you’ll see that tomato soup was once in their list. It’s probably just a flavor that doesn’t translate well to vaping.

6 Likes

So… Butyric Acid vs VooPoo.
Lose/lose. :laughing:

4 Likes

Great observation ma’am!!

I’d also mention that tomato is the primary basis for many dishes in many countries. Just off the top of the head: Italy, Spain, Brazil, Mexico.

Americans love them on burgers, in salads, sauce on pizzas, and I enjoy them plain (sliced, with a touch of salt) from time to time!

So by volume, yeah, I’m not at all surprised.
But I’d also hazard a guess that strawberries might also be picky about the climate and soil. But I don’t know squat about farming. lol

6 Likes

In my experience, a good strawberry vape is as elusive as the Holy Grail. But I haven’t stopped searching. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Funny you say that. My very first orange cream pop was very good, shake and vape too. It gets creamier with time. So I thought, “how awesome am I ?” So then I try again, with different vendors and concentrates and it was horrible!! So was every one I tried after that. CRAZY MAN CRAZY

5 Likes

Yep! here in Britain, we only have home-grown strawberries at the height of summer. And if it rains too much, or at the wrong time, then the strawberry crop is ruined. The rest of the year, we have to make do with flavourless, insanely expensive imported strawberries. Or (more commonly) just do without.

4 Likes

Shameless plug, but I like this one quite a lot :slight_smile: but I am biased it is one of the few recipes I have made that I really like.

4 Likes

I love strawberries in real life, but strawberry vapes doesn’t go well with me, mainly because they never taste like real strawberries to me.

Just saying that when it comes to taste, there are always many exceptions to the rule.

8 Likes

True true. But then again in the almost 5 years that I’ve been vaping I haven’t tasted any juice that I would consider a counterpart to the real thing. Approximations and reasonable facsimiles are the best my palate has experienced.

7 Likes

Have you tried FA Juicy Strawberry ??

I’ve just ordered some juicy strawberry (FA) so it’s on its way. It supposed to be very good. What do you think of it???

1 Like

No. I should probably have mentioned that I am most likely a “semi-none-strawberry-taster”. Not a problem with real strawberries or flavours in ice cream etc. but when it comes to e-juice I rarely get any strawberry taste at all, and eg. strawberry ripe just taste like rot to me.

INW Strawberry Shisha is pretty much the only one I actually get strawberry taste from, but even that one doesn’t quite work as a dominating flavour in a mix, and I only use it as a secondary flavour in mixes.

I have pretty much given up on a strawberry vape, but if I ever decide to give it a second try, FA is now on the list of flavours to try.

4 Likes

I know it’s exceedingly costly, but you should give Strawberry(MF) a try. It’s actual flavour extract from actual strawberries, with none if that flavour-muting crap like EM thrown in. Gotta be your best bet!

That said. Strawberry is one of the least economical MF flavours, needing to be used at something like 2% to get a decent, strong flavour, and not often recommended for that reason. The flavour is gorgeous, though.

2 Likes

Well I have pretty much given up on strawberries, at least for now, but MF is now also on the list for when/if I decide to give it a new try. Not sure where to find MF flavour in Europe though?

2 Likes

You’ll find a couple of EU suppliers here (counting Britain, for the time being)

Don’t forget to ask for a free sample. It looks like MF give out sample bottles out to all their outlets, but they don’t all pass 'em on to customers unless they ask!
Alternatively, Good Earth Beauty in the USA (there’s a link to them too, in that thread) have surprisingly reasonable International Shipping rates, and always give out free samples

2 Likes

Thanks.
(10 char)

3 Likes

so your saying I cant make a spaghetti juice? Spaghetti in my tank and Garlic bread in my dripper.

1 Like