Wicking for beginners

Ok so I searched and searched again and again before creating a new topic. So bash me if I missed it. Is why I don’t post in forums and never have except now second time on this one so I’m dumb okay. That being said here’s my dilemma I’m an old woman who’s never been able to quit smoking until now hence my low income I make my own Vape yeah I’m pretty cool Granny it’s what my kids say but because of all the different flavor profiles that I’m trying to create I change my coils like crazy how do I Wick the easy way isn’t there an easy way out there what I’m trying to accomplish is saving money on coils I need to change flavors often and I do how do you wick? how does a dumbass like me wick? if you do an internet search and have no clue you’re more confused! I just want to test my flavors accurately and it sounds like wicking is for me except I don’t know how!!! I don’t want to build shit!!wtf. HELP pleaze

4 Likes

Hey Donna! What RDA/RDTA/RTA are you trying to wick? That can help narrow down the search - some are easy, some not so easy. If it’s just for testing new recipes or flavours there’s some good stuff in here:

And maybe in here

9 Likes

I’m using kbox Nano and that’s all I’ve ever used and it sucks

3 Likes

I quit smoking when I started raising my grandchildren at first it was don’t smoke in the house don’t smoke in the car go outside and smoke freeze your ass off in the winter and then it was my parents that could not breathe the smoke it was causing problems with their breathing and it was all negative smoking bad so I started buying E Juice and it was Breaking Me I have a fixed income and I would buy flavors and pay high dollar and poor I’m down the sink cuz I didn’t like them and then I learnt how to make my own out of necessity and realize how cheap it is and how the vape stores are robbing people and now I would just like to know how I can use a different device to better test my recipes I have about 21 flavors that I can replicate but sometimes it’s just very expensive changing the coils or whatever you call them and I’ve heard that wicking is better for testing flavors I wish I knew how or what that is

4 Likes

Unfortunately for you that kit isnt possible to change wick in as far as i know since it is pre-made factory coils that you change out.

In order to be able to change wicks you need to have a tank that allows you put your own coils in it and those are called RTA’s.

2 Likes

Okay, so you are currently using the coils that you buy from a shop - like these?

3 Likes

I think it has an RBA so it is do-able - just blooming fiddly. :+1:

3 Likes

I got no idea whatsoever on that, it’s not my cup of tea at all.
I’ll leave you to it, she is in good hands now :+1:

3 Likes

Debatable :laughing:

2 Likes

Better than mine at least, ask me about mechs and i could probably answer but ask me about ready kits and stuff and i am clueless.

2 Likes

Wick is the material that is used with coils to absorb the eliquid.

There are different types of atomisers (RDA/RDTA/RTA) that will allow you to insert your own coils (the metal coil is the element that heats your eliquid) and insert your own wick. This means you can change your wick easily instead of having to insert a new stock coil (what you are currently using).

1 Like

I may be mistaken but I don’t think that the RBA for the Subtank Mini will fit the Nano…

3 Likes

rubbish YouTube vid removed :laughing:

1 Like

ewww… that kid gave me the creeps :open_mouth: I was going by this:

https://ukvapers.org/Thread-RBA-head-in-Subtank-Nano

If @donna7 will PM me her address I’d be happy to send her a Subtank Mini (V1) with the RBA for free. I have several in my Vapecalypse box that I’ll probably never ever need or use.

11 Likes

You are blooming lovely :blush:

7 Likes

The RDA for the Subtank Mini will not fit the Nano

3 Likes

I’ll remove the links…save confusion :grin:

3 Likes

It’s also a completely pointless video :laughing:. Think I’ll just delete myself from this thread :laughing::+1:

1 Like

Nooooooooo…

3 Likes

Oh no you don’t. You tried to help a fellow vaper in need. That’s a very good thing!

6 Likes