Wicking for beginners

Oops. Sry sparksfly meant to text daaath

2 Likes

Oh! Lmfao u talking to daath , that wasn’t a reply from daaath… uuugh my bad! Really really sorry squared sparkfly! Okok sry to keep bothering you I’m out of here… big misunderstanding! ( so what’s newX noob should say lol) have a nice day!!

3 Likes

Yes please?? :rofl:

5 Likes

I taste all my new stuff on a dripper. Can get a cheap one easy to build something like the Tobeco Velocity Mini. Wicking on these is very easy. Wicking a rebuildable tank can be a real bitch to learn but it’s the cheapest way to go. Too tight and you get dry hits. Too loose and it leaks. Do it right and will still leak a bit but imo it’s the best way to go. Make you own juice, build your own coils, cheap.

2 Likes
3 Likes

@donna7 hang in there lady, these are only the friendlies :laughing:

Best advice I read above here is get yourself a decent single coil rebuildable. Building sounds whoa but it’s not that hard. After a bit of practice you’ll be changing wick in under 60 seconds and it’ll cost 0.00003 cents in cotton.

“23 days later” oh well that’s still early for Danny Boyle to make a movie out of this thread.

Need tech advise… My friend left his Dripper RDA with me to SF test with, a nice little Smoant xtra batteries n charger but no cotton, and hes out. Is there anything standby I can use as a wick? I never really used these devices but know the battery safety stuff. So-far cotton balls burn to easy even at 20W. It goes from 1W-200W and says 0.16 ohm so super charged as far as what im used too 1.0 ohm on aspire breeze 12W? I believe.

Just want to see what the hype is on these puppies and really taste what im making.

Can I rip out the wick material from a aspire breeze atomizer - would that work? lol

2 Likes

well, sure if ya get enuff, perhaps a few to fit snug in the coil. Any unbleached cotton is safe to use if u can find any at local drug store.You wont much of anything out of a .16 coil with 12 watts tho., in a reg. device its safe to run those watts higher till your comfy w/ the heat of the vape.

3 Likes

Ok cool ty, yea I accidently hit new coil, and it switched from 0.13 - 0.16. But it’s goood. Ill cranking it up. a tad. I heard flavs taste different at different watts, so im excited to try this out.

2 Likes

Its two coils looks like, and I can crank it up to 200W, red hot shit!.. lol Ill start like at 30w. he showed me a bit but said I need cotton just he dont use it so it’s all good,

2 Likes