Wicking with rayon

SO im trying to buy some of this stuff in the UK but reading conflicting information when I search for it.

So far I have found the following.

This looks to be the stuff people arebuying in the US

And then this…
https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/131505450397

Which appears to be 100% cotton?

The stuff from vapourdirect seems expensive if i can just get the neck wool.

4 Likes

There are a few links for it in the U.K. In this thread, it looks like you should look for viscous in the U.K.

2 Likes

I can only see 1 link for creme de vape that looks to be the same as demon vapes and same price. When i look for viscose it just brings back clothes.

1 Like

CelluCotton has 2 different products that look alike. 1 is viscose rayon, the other is 100% cotton. Don’t confuse them, they’re definitely not the same.

That ebay link is definitely 100% COTTON, not rayon.

Yeah i was reading that on another forum but still struggling to buy in bulk in uk

You can get it on Amazon.co.uk, but it’s pricey.
e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graham-CelluCotton-Beauty-Rayon-Fibers/dp/B00PBF8PAG/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1506117962&sr=8-3&keywords=cellucotton

Yeah came across that earlier and its very expensive, looks like im stuck to paying £1 for 1 metre in order to get the correct stuff

1m is already quite a bit, even 50cm is a lot to just try it out. Rayon doesn’t need to be rewicked as often as organic cotton.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/GRAHAMs-Cellucotton-100-Rayon-WICK-7M-23ft-/121809429088?_mwBanner=1
Not as good of a deal as we get in the states but I don’t think it’s horrible.

1 Like

Best price I have found so far.
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Graham-Cellucotton-Beauty-Coil-100-Rayon-Fibers-40-ft-44130/122593522366?_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIC.MBE&ao=2&asc=44770&meid=4eff63ff757a499ba91c4e20e1ac655f&pid=100623&rk=4&rkt=6&sd=302195045540&_trksid=p2047675.c100623.m-1&_mwBanner=1

2 Likes

This last one is a US seller - May Not Sell To The UK
And even if he does, it’s a big package, shipping will be a lot

Still not as good as the £1/m. This is £10 for about 8m (shipping included)

Well I don’t live in the U.K. So I was searching thru google.co.uk trying to help someone out. Since you know where the best deal is you should let everyone know! I’m sure there would be several appreciative people on the forum.

1 Like

I appreciate the effort a lot, I was just comparing the prices on the different links for rayon here.
Duchesst’s source so far seems to be the cheapest (about €13 for a kilo, delivery included) but that’s in Belgium and they don’t deliver to the UK :frowning: I’m sure there’s something alike in the UK from a different brand that’s still cheaper than the CelluCotton.

Just the fact that people here call it viscose and most searches for viscose refer to clothing doesn’t make the search very easy. I do get better results for neck wool but most I see is 50% cotton 50% viscose.

If you think rayon lasts you havent seen anything yet. If you are getting flavor from rayon, i think you should make sure you clean your wire, wash your hands well just before building, and i still like to wash my builds in vodka and then hot tap water, pulse dryish…rayon should have no flavor. Cotton just tastes like panties the whole time to me, but I’ve been vaping hemp for years, so maybe I can just taste it because I’m not used to it.

I think rayon and cotton both mute if you wick to tightly, pinch the tails, etc. Rayon should destroy cotton if built correctly. Just look at the long fibers versus the cotton rat’s nest. Which would you bet wicks better? Try wicking rayon a bit looser than cotton, it seems to swell. Hemp does too, but it doesnt matter.

Just some thoughts, whatever works best for someone is what they should use.

3 Likes

Rayon? whats rayon? like my pants rayon? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

This is actually the first time I hear this. I’ve always followed JeremyR’s guidelines of wicking a bit tighter than cotton because he was one of the big advocates for rayon and has a very long thread on e-cigarette-forum. Conflicting information but I’ll give it another try, definitely can’t hurt.

"Little denser, it doesn’t swell much at all. If you lightly roll it & Pull The ends to stretch it till right size to slide in the coil. Pretty hard to make it Too dense, as it Will rebound if you give it a second. If it’s not dense enough it may collapse and be too small, easy to thread more in though.

JeremyR, May 14, 2014"

2 Likes

Try ebay.de lots of vendors ship to the uk, for around 20 pounds sterling you should be setteled

For example

2 Likes

For anybody looking for it in the UK the best place ive found for it with quick deliver is here:

Works out at £10.50 for 10 metres delivered (with 10% discount code reddit10)

3 Likes

May be cheaper for testing purposes but if you like it i would go the german ebay route

3 Likes