Will it never let up

Well it’s official Oso and I spend to much on meds each month. Neither of the damn vets in this town want to deal with a mail order pharmacy and I’m sure it’s because they make big bucks on meds. I can get Oso’s Lasix for $4.00 per month at WM or three months for $8.50. The vet’s office charges me $20 for itThe Vetmedin costs just over 60 a month. And I could get it for around $30 if the vet would just call it in to a pharmacy online I don’t know where I’m gonna get it but I can’t sit by and just let it go. The vet wants to give him one more if he doesn’t improve by the end of this month.

There are a few of you that have been so helpful and generous. I want to thank you from both Oso and I, well him mommy “Coco” and grandma “my wifey” want to say thanks too. May God bless and keep you all safe and wholesome in these trying times.

1 Like

My wife was a vet tech in Florida and told me it’s the law that the vet must provide a written prescription or the prescription itself, but the choice is yours…I looked it up for California as well, same law there…here’s a link to the site
http://www.vmb.ca.gov/laws_regs/minstand_regs.shtml#20322
I hope this helps u out, good luck and hang in there…things will turn around for u

1 Like

And your earlier comment about them writing scripts because of getting kickbacks from the drug companies is also most definitely true.

1 Like

I appreciate your help. He has consented to being called regarding the vetmedin that’s the one that costs the most.

Walgreens has a pet Med program that gets you about 60% off your puppies meds over what the vet charges we signed up for it and it cost about $10 every 90 days to enroll in the program.

Thanks I’ll look into it, but most of the human pharmacies do that for any meds like his Lasix that are taken by both humans and pets. One of Oso’s and of course the most expensive is Vetmedin. The vet wants 81 for 30 vetmedins. I am giving Oso one half a day but the vet would prefer I give him a half twice a day. If you can check with your program and let me know I’d really appreciate it. And again Thanks for the info.

Your Correct your local pharmacy should be able to supply the Lasix at a free market cost.
The Vetmedins is a dog specific medicine but I did find it at a much lower cost.

I’m guessing with a very small dog your looking at a half tab of the lowest dose.
1.25mg is $32.00 for 50 tabs
I didn’t do a lot of searching so you may find a better deal.
Being old and fixed income myself I know all to well how a sick pet impacts the budget and most vets will work with you to hold down medicine costs when asked.

actually the 2.5’s but breaking them in half morning and night

And actually cost wise they are one of the better places.

the 2.5 are 49 for 50 presently I am giving 80 plus for 30

1 Like

Does any one know of any organizations that will assist me in getting meds for my pet? I am getting low on the expensive one and of course mid month I have no way to get them I’m hoping to get the mail order set up with the next time I get them it will save me so much money.

Have a look here… might be helpful

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_pet.html?

Thanks, I just went to that site and I amazes me that the Fresno metro area of almost a million people have nothing like that. The SPCA in Fresno told me to have him put down when this first come about I told them to fuck off and die. If I lived in any one of the big 4 LA, SF, SD, or Sac I might stand a chance. I tried the Visalia SPCA they told me I lived in Fresno county call them I told them what they had said and got laughter on the other end of he line somebody saying sorry and a hang up. Well looks like next month I choose his or my meds and I think there are one or two I can manage without if I’m careful. Just have to eat healthier and lay off the coffee and other caffeine stuffs

That’s just bullshit. There’s gotta be something on a state or even nation level. It’s a sad state of affairs when pet care professionals always suggest “put them down”. I hope you can find the help you need.

thanks I keep looking.

1 Like

Well Oso’s best friend had to be put to sleep on Wednesday, CK was suffering from dementia and more than likely brain cancer. The vet called me late yesterday with the cancer news. Not that I give a shit. One of my baby’s is at the rainbow bridge

I’m so sorry, dear :kissing_heart:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

So sorry, man. :disappointed: