Wish my loving Wifey luck

No vaping, but she was so out of it or in so much agony she didn’t have time to miss it. On the way home she vaped a tank or two lol.

3 Likes

Well wifey has a service puppy

Well to be honest She’s just here to cheer up Wifey as she heals and recuperates. Isn’t she just adorable. Her name is Shadow, because we can’t even take two steps without her right on our heals.

8 Likes

She couldn’t have arrived at a better place if you ask me.

2 Likes

Smartest puppy on the block.

I set my laptop on the floor next to my recliner so I could get another cup of coffee when I came back Shadow was doing some puppy computing, such a smart little girl.

5 Likes

How’s the missus healing up?

2 Likes

Prayers and healing energy being sent :heart:

2 Likes

She’s doing pretty good, just wish it wasn’t 100 plus outside right now.

3 Likes

NorCal is getting cooked as well-Nothing to do but hide in the house and wait for the heat to pass.

2 Likes

You got it man, I’m in the middle of putting a new front porch on my Mobile home and I can get about an hour and a half done in the morning and then I’m sweating so hard that my good old fashioned bandana head band is soaked and I’m dripping sweat in my eyes. That’s when I know it’s time to say to heck with it for the day and head in. I usually tell wifey if she needs something from the store she’s got an hour because after that I’m not going out.

5 Likes

They coined the term sweat like a bitch after me this last week. lol

5 Likes

This was me yesterday …

http://www.ccasa.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/sweat.gif

4 Likes

Currently trying to find the lower half of my driveway. I feel your pain! Within five minutes I’m soaked clear thru my shirt. I don’t know if it’s age, the extra weight I’m packing or the Serotonin Syndrome I had a couple of years back that completely buggared my endocrine system. All I know is that I NEVER used to sweat this much, even when I was building livestock fence back in the day!

2 Likes

That’s me today. Blech!

2 Likes

Me and one other guy strung over 2 miles of 3/4 inch low pressure gas line at Bowmans Redlion Resort on Mt Hood in Or. I didn’t sweat as much for that whole job as I have this summer and it’s half over. Gotta be age and weight.

2 Likes

Posts and wire or split rail?

1 Like

Oh yeah we had a cold front today only supposed to be 100

2 Likes

Some split rail(not much), but our bread and butter was high-tensile wire fence. From 4-wire paddock to 8-wire predator fencing(Getting those t-posts set was a total PITA) We’d do small enclosures to full ranches. It was great physically, but the pay sucked. When you’re paid by the job and having to hog out post holes by hand it bites into the profits. I did it for a while after I’d run a couple of small care facilities for people with Alzheimer’s/dementia for three years. Needed to get my head clear, and there’s nothing better than some good old physical labor!

3 Likes

I fenced my girlfriends dad’s yard in Prairie City Or, It had all been dredge mined up in that area and the holes were a matter of pry bar and rocks. Then the neighbor gets a hair up his ass and insists that we’re 6 friggin inches into his yard so I had to move 18 (if memory serves and usually doesn’t from that long ago but close to that) of them over by six inches just to avoid having to wait to have the land office come out and tell us. I’ll tell you I had more blisters than roll of bubble wrap.

2 Likes

LOL! Only laughing because I was the same for the first couple days on the line. One of my buddies took me to the local hardware shop and bought me a pair of goatskin gloves that were about a half a size too big. He took them home with him and soaked them for a few hours in water, then gave them to me dripping wet the next morning. By the time I was done working that day I had some blisters and a pair of gloves that fit like they were a second skin. Never had another blister after that.

2 Likes

I do the same thing with deer skin ones. Used to get them custom made in Or, but that guy got old like us and passed on. After that the places I checked wanted over 100 a pair.

2 Likes