Wismec Noisy Cricket

Okay, I have finally seen one of these in person, actually 2 of them, one that toasted the plastic button, and the other fresh out the box.
I was REALLY surprised at how small and light these are…id seen nothing but standalone pics with no frame of reference(unlike SillyRabbit’s pic above).
So I watched a buddy buy one, put fresh bats in it and screw on his rda…I looked away, and heard it fire up, and my reaction was “WOW! Now thats some ramp up!”…and he choked on cotton lolz!
I asked about his build, .2ohms…which is lower than id go on a mech, but this has 2 batteries, I can handle that kinda build, RIGHT???
So I break out my calculator and start to do math based on 8.2 volts = 336 watts!?!?
WTF???
I then calculate what kind of modest build id have been using (.5) and get 134 watts…again, WTF?
…and all I think to myself "ohhhh, that poor cotton! Savage!"
What am I missing?
Im so confused, and I admit, im only used to 3.7 - 4.2 volts, and much prefer 3.7 for flavor.

So my question is (aside from wtf?)…what the hell is this good for???

[edit] So after watching TM’s video (posted above)…I see that my calculator is way off, and that .2 ohm build my buddy tried is stupid…but I also see theres a lot I dont understand about this series set up…and I also recall seeing news footage of blown up mods, where a dumbass stacked batteries…im out! Im too dumb for this mod, moving on.

1 Like

Just got mine today. I’ve got a Mutation Indulgence XS RDA and it is the bee’s friggin’ knees y’all. I wicked with hemp and washed the whole wicked setup in vodka. . .no hemp taste even on the first hit. I’m using a 1.5Ohm single 28/32 kanthal clapton, 3mm ID and it hits like a dual. Hot damn!

I released the new juice I am vaping and it’s perfect for this setup. You get huge, cool clouds with TONS of flavor. . on a super cheap setup. I’m in love.

4 Likes

I was thinking non-sub-ohm applications…

1 Like

1.5 ohms it’s like 35 watts. No ramp though. Perfect for me.

3 Likes

My wife came home the other day with a surprise for me. A Noisy Cricket! I guess I’d been talking about how much I wanted one so she got it for me. At the vape shop where she got it they made her sign a waiver. I gotta say it’s a pretty awesome little mod. It’s absolutely tiny! It’s the same size as my wife’s evic mini. I first put in a .47 dual twisted 28 ga N80 build. OMG is all I can say!!! This thing hits like nothing else. Unbelievable! I gave it to my wife to try. She hit the switch and it growled at her! The look on her face was pretty hilarious. Overall a little too hot for me. I built a .69 dual twisted 28 ga N80 next. This turned out Perfect! What an amazing vape! I love this mod! Definitely not for a noob or for someone that can’t use ohms law and build the proper coils for it. I don’t know how someone could put a .2 ohm coil in it.

3 Likes

Ok its cool ypu seen this in person. And its 3.7 v times 2. 7.4v. A 0.2 ohm 237 watts. 0.7 ohm build is good. When any build gos down to 0.05 ohms you will have issues. Anything below 0.5 ohms is crazy. I have a 0 25 build and its crazy. Like 1 second pull lol. The onse that blow up is like 18g claptin builds and they hold for ever. You really have to know your ohms laws and your battery limits.
Its not one to out in your pockets at any time.

1 Like

I wonder if there is an aftermarket switch replacement yet???
Leaves alot to be desired IMO, and the downfall of this mod.
I foresee a v2 on the horizon…imma hold out and learn some more in the meantime.
But I have now seen it put to good use now with a .5ish build, seeing short burts/pulls/draws.

2 Likes

I like that it’s so simplistic. For safety in my shirt pocket I have just been unscrewing the switch plug such that it cannot fire, I test it to make sure it can’t

@5prock3t if Ohms law is a problem for you, maybe this is easier: 64 divided by your resistance is a rough number for how many watts you will do. It’s not real safe to go beyond 120-130 watts calculating this way. So, your 0.5 Ohm build would be 128 watts. . .its on the verge of safety.

My 1.5 ohm clapton single vapes like a dual coil, but I’m taking several second draws. It’s a very cool vape, but crazy flavorful. This is one mod where I would really recommend hemp as a wick. I just don’t think cotton makes the cut. Perhaps rayon would be good too, but so far the hemp is great. It wicks so fast and also doesn’t burn as easily.

I love this little mod though. Best $30 I’ve spent vaping. It destroys my $200 copper Vanilla, and it’s tiny and doesn’t fall over all the time.

That Mutation XS RDA is also a real winner. It is perfect for this mod because it draws air from under and on the sides of the coils. Put in a clapton build with hemp on a series mod and it’s just a fog machine with awesome flavor. Best vape I’ve had ever. EVER. I’m going to try one of the Blitz postless RDAs today.

1 Like

I got a duel 26g Clapton coil, 2.5mm 7 wrap sitting at 0.35 ohms, hits really good. But I’ve had a issue with the fire button not working some times. They need to make a better fire button . Other then that its cute little power mod.

1 Like

I use Japanese cotton and don’t have a problem at all. duel Clapton coils, the flavor is well, amazing .

1 Like

OK OK already. I ordered one. LOL
I guess I was feeling nostalgic for days long past.
One Noisy Cricket on it’s way from vapenw.com. $25 shipped. I guess I’ll have to get the drill back out and make some clapton wire.

2 Likes

Yeah, and if you don’t have a killer dripping setup, I cannot recommend that Mutation X S enough. This mod is definitely a hot rod and deserves an equivalent dripper.

@sillyrabbit cool that cotton is working well for you. I was just trying to emphasize how fast you can burn up a build with this thing I guess. Hemp is really resistant to that. I haven’t tried cotton on it, but assume I would have burned up a cotton build by now.

1 Like

I suppose you could burn up your build if you let it go dry. I put my fused clapton coil in her at 0.35 ohms. And shes a beast.

1 Like

I really hope to see a v2 with a better fire button as well.I haven’t had any issues with mine but a fire button with some type of lock would be great.I have seen factory switches available but that is all I have found.I do tear mine down and run it in the ultrasonic cleaner whenever I feel the threads starting to drag.
I also agree with @therabidweasel that the NC has got to be one of the best values in vaping.

Gals and Gents, just a note of caution for the retarded.

I mention above that I unscrew the button so it can’t fire. I carry a UD vape bag and just switched coasts with it like that. When I opened the bag it smelled a little funny. My hemp wick was burned to hell and the could dark black (kanthal clapton). So, I’m happy I avoided fire but pissed that I don’t have my dripper. . .I brought 4 mods, but no extra wick. I could go buy some, but I have very little time to do anything out here.

Moral of the story: UNLESS YOU LIKE FIRES, YOU NEED TO COMPLETELY REMOVE A BATTERY or PERHAPS INSERT A LITTLE PIECE OF PLASTIC OR OTHER ELECTRICAL INSULATOR.

I was stupid. Really stupid (in my defense I packed at 4am in a rush). DON’T BE STUPID.

1 Like

I tried to edit to Gals and Gents. It never lets me make a second edit to a post. The error was inadvertent as I speak to men all day at work. My apologies to the many lovely ladies of ELR.

2 Likes

Gotcha covered. I was about to say… :wink:

Glad you didn’t have a fire, also. That would have been really bad.

1 Like

Geez man! Be careful! That thing can turn into a bomb. Treat it like a loaded gun with no safety. I’m glad you didn’t catch fire!
Just be careful.

Yeah, knew it was stupid when I did it. But hadn’t had any issues in the shirt pocket, which is the same as 6hrs in a plane with significant turbulence, so it did really surprise me. Wait, on second thought maybe it shouldn’t have. I keep a little bottle of juice in my pocket, forgot to put it there while on the plane as I just left it in the vape bag.

Did you know e-cigs are not allowed in the cargo hold? I didnt. So when I had to gate check my new carry-on and wasn’t asked, I didn’t give it a thought.

Interestingly, I couldn’t really tell the wick burned by looking at it, it just looked a little dark at the coil for a new wick and no longer filled the coil, like it was. . .very dry. It burned the hemp right in half at the coil ends. Inside the coil was just gone.

Over rated mod. Mine just sits on the shelf. The fire button is to hokey

1 Like