Wismec RX2/3 battery problem

So I was using my almost 1 year old Wismec RX2/3 last night and it was working fine. I took the 3 batteries out and put them on charge. This morning I put the charged batteries back in and the screen powers on but shows batteries with no charge. I put 2 of the batteries in another mod and they show a full charge. As with all my batteries they are always married and always used together. Maybe my Mod has come to its end of life.
Any help on what the problem is appreciated.

1 Like

Might want to check that little red wire on the battery sled. Hope you can fix it

5 Likes

Sound pretty labor intensive, and many opportunities to really screw it up. Thanks for posting, I may try this some day just for the experience. I have always loved taking broken things apart to fix them vs. just throwing them away.

3 Likes

I did try using it in the 2 battery mode and there is absolutely no power. This points more to your fix I think.

3 Likes

It’s not that bad really, mostly an exercise in patience. Besides, if it’s not working anyway, what do you have to lose?

5 Likes

Your mod is not dead,that is a common problem with the RX2/3 but an easy fix if you can solder.Here is a video showing what to do, I had to do this for a few of these,

6 Likes

Most excellent video, Thank you for sharing that! ELR rocks!

3 Likes

Ok, I got all the micro screws out like shown, but the battery saddle only pulls out about an 1/8 ".
It seems like it is hanging up on something.

3 Likes

OK, I found the hang up, there is a 7th screw underneath the foam plug.

4 Likes

I knew you’d figure it out.

4 Likes

Damn, that was the most challenging disassembly, reassembly I’ve ever done.
Re-soldered the loose wire and put all back together. And the big part…it’s working!!!

4 Likes

@Daven GREAT JOB !!! and thanks out to @Lostmarbles and @Beaufort_Batches

2 Likes

Yes, thanks to both, It was lostmarbles written notes in his link to clue me in to the 7th screw.

4 Likes

That’s great! Good work man.

4 Likes

Glad to be of help and happier still that a mod could be saved.

4 Likes