Wismec Sinuous Ravage230 Kit Review

IMG_2760
I received this kit through a giveaway from HeavenGifts.com
I have been using it everyday for the past week with the tank included as well as various RTAs, RDAs, and Sub Ohm tanks.
I ran the mod with dual Sony VTC6 18650s.

The kit was nicely packaged and the box was undamaged.
All parts and accessories were under the mod

The kit came with
1x Sinuous Ravage230 mod
1x Gnome Evo Sub Ohm tank 4ml capacity (Bottom airflow)
2x WM01 0.4ohm coils (40-70 watt range) threaded
1x Replacement glass
2x drip tips (1x 6mm Bore Delrin drip tip, 1x 8mm Bore press fit Delrin 510 drip tip)
Spare O rings
User Manual
USB cable for 2amp charging

The Gnome Eco Sub Ohm tank is a 3 piece tank minus the coil & drip tip.
Stainless Steel construction
The tank has massive airflow and when airflow near to fully closed has a nice MTL draw
I have experienced no leaking with 70/30 & 80/20 VG/PG eliquids.
I have not experienced any dry hits when running the tank between recommended coil wattage 40-70 watts
The flavor the tank produces I would give a 6 out of 10. (Gets better with less airflow)
It has a slide top fill. You have to raise the drip tip to open and this also locks the top.
One thing I noticed is that after filling the tank and closing you will have residual eliquid around the seal between the lid and the tank. When open you can see the eliquid sitting on the top.

Not a bad Sub Ohm tank at all, but doesn’t have great flavor, and the left over eliquid on the top after filling I could do without.

The Sinuous Ravage230 Mod
Runs on 2x high amp 18650 cells (Gold Plated connections) (NOT INCLUDED)
Spring loaded 510 connection (Gold plated)
Side bar firing button, small back button above fire button, 2x up & down buttons on front
Could fit tanks up to 26mm without overhang
0.1-3.5 ohm resistance
0.5- 9V
Has bypass mode
Has a preheat function (Can be turned off and on)
50A Maximum output current
Is Firmware upgradeable
Has Temperature control that supports N200, SS316L, and Titanium
Adjustable 3 Memory TCR
Resistance lock
200°-600° Fahrenheit Output with 0.05-1.5 ohm resistance

1.45 in Color Display with Output Temperature, Wattage, Voltage, & Current displayed.
Clock and date displayed
3 clicks on the firing button goes into settings
Has Stealth Mode (Pressing back button when display is on), Rotating Screen (holding down up & down buttons together when mod is off), & Adjustment lock (Holding down up & down buttons together for 3 seconds when mod is on)
On board 2amp max charging (I always still recommended remote battery charging)
Dual Circuit & Reverse Polarity protection
Like the tank the Mod is not to bad, with one exception. I would give it an overall rating of 5 out of 10. For one BIG reason that I will explain further on.
The paint is nice and shiney, the device has no rattling, the fire and up & down button are firm and clicky, and I like the color display with the date and clock.
Some problems though.
The battery door when closed does not sit flush (i will say that I have had no problems with it opening, but have to mention it)
If you double click the fire button by mistake when firing to vape. The device will not fire on the second squeeze of the fire button (Release it and squeeze again and it fires though it may be a safety feature. I don’t know)
The display has a second delay when pressing the firing button, but seems to fire when you press the fire button.
The BIGGEST problem I experienced was that the 510 connection would often malfunction when I would switch tanks. Displaying a Low Atomizer reading. Even when I would put the Gnome EVO on it with the included coil. I would fiddle with the tank a bit and it would stop and read correctly. Not sure why. The 510 connection was firm, springy, and not loose. Not sure if I received a pre production kit. If not that is a BIG problem and the only reason the rating was lowered. It would be much lower if I was sure this was not pre production.

I do like the size of the kit and it fits nicely in the hand

PROS
Overall look is nice. Paint and size
Color display with date and clock
Firm buttons No rattling
Spare parts and more than one drip tip
I like the back button
Setting options
Preheat function
Airflow on the tank can support massive airflow as well as a good MTL draw.
Can purchase a RBA separately for the Gnome
2amp on board charging if you are in a pinch with no external battery charger

CONS
Tank can be a bit messy after filling
Battery door does not fit flush when closed
Double click misfire if it is not a safety feature
And BIGGEST of all is the malfunctioning 510 connection

Overall if the 510 connection is fixed I would definitely recommend this kit for the price. I really like the look of the design and the size of the device. Thanks to HeavenGifts.com for the giveaway.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/WISMEC-SINUOUS-RAVAGE230-Kit.html

14 Likes

I’ve noticed they have an issue with 510 connectors, I don’t know how wide spread the issue is but I have had a mod that has crazy ohm readings and jumps all over the place.

5 Likes

Thanks for a great and honest review :smiley:

4 Likes

@CarolinaVapen thank you for a review.
My question: can the slider topcap be completely disassembled?

1 Like

Thanks for the thorough review, really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

2 Likes

It cannot be disassembled that I can tell.

1 Like

Thanks for the informative review.

It is a shame Wismec can’t, or I should say, won’t fix there 510 issues.

2 Likes

Thanks for the review! What a pain with the janky 510 connection. :confused: Looks like a nice mod though if that issue gets fixed.

3 Likes