Wonder Flavours

Added these to my shopping list
Coconut custard
Coconut rum
Chocolate chunks

Thinking about glazed donut, anyone have luck? Only has 3 stars on the recipe/notes side but that doesnt always mean anything especially when theres minimal votes.

Vanilla cream extra, very good. So many of the bakeries ive tried so far are really good.

Wanted to mention that sesame dough has a quality that reminds me of pb cookie for some reason. Not sure why.

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying some WF more and more lately. The Angel Cake is deliciously dense even though it is meant as an airy, light cake. Pairs with FW Cake flavors and FLV Pound Cake nicely. The Coconut Rum is pretty much the opposite of FA Coconut, it’s not fleshy or oily at all, more like a refreshing coconut, and the slight bite of the Rum is really nice. I have been using it nonstop lately.

7 Likes

I got both flavors, chocolate chunks while it’s good, it’s not chocolate. It’s more of a Kuvertüre ( couverture ).

Very difficult to “lighten” up or make “creamy” and while you might be able to make this work with some bakeries, it will always have that thin/watery dark baking cocoa feel to it, as well as bordering very closely on dark bitter chocolate. It does work great with coffees so lol. You will have to support it with other/better chocolates.

Glazed donut, I do have it as well, but I have to be quite honest it’s lacking depth. You most likely are going to add deep fried pastry dough (wf) (this is a much better flavor in comparison), fluffy white cake , Angel cake or any other cake/dough to make it fuller/thicker.

At that point you might just grab zepolla (fa) and while I hate fa’s donut, it’s better then glazed donut (wf). But if you’re one of the people that unfortunately tastes playdoh in the FA version, WF would be a good alternative, but then I would recommend the deep fried pastry dough instead.

wf glazed donut is quite light and not really a donut of any kind, its more of a airy dough, for me at least. There’s a very slight sweeter note in the back, guess it could be the glaze but it doesn’t taste like it.

I own a couple others, here’s a list, if somebody wonders about the flavor, just ask. I’m sorry I haven’t updated the note thread yet :frowning:

Almond cookie
Angel Cake
Bumbleberry
Butterscotch cream pie
Butter cream Frosting
Caramel butter
Caramel rice crispy treats
Chocolate chunks
Coconut Custard
Crispy wafer
Deep fried pastry dough
Fluffy white cake
Glazed donut
Hazelnuts & cream
Nanaimo bars
Pistachio cream
S’mores cupcake
Smooth cappuccino cream
Starfruit
Tahitian vanilla cream
Vanilla cream extra
Vanilla ruyan custard

Edit: I’ll keep editing this with flavors I add to my stash.

Frozen Yogurt

8 Likes

Whats your opinion on the caramel butter , almond cookie and pistachio cream ?

3 Likes

1. **Caramel Butter**

I like the caramel butter quite a bit, it’s very creamy caramel. It’s a bit “sticky” which makes it less of a butter, but more of a caramel syrup you would drizzle over creams and pies, or as a part of something filled.

To me it’s more on the spectrum of medium colored caramels, not the light or golden ones. However it’s not “dark” as a lot of caramels out there and doesn’t have that brown sugar or burnt aftertaste.

It’s not thin but it’s also not fully rounded, however a bit butterscotch can fill in that gap. This flavor in my opinion does not need a second caramel for boosting.

2. **Almond Cookie**

Let me first start with saying that most cookie named flavors don’t taste like cookie to me. This is not much different but it’s more towards cookie then other concentrates, that I’ve tried.

The almond note and nuances are very light here, it has a slight creaminess in the back, that could easily be mistaken as butter accents. It’s not offending so, but hard to detect, depending on the flavors it’s paired with.

The cookie is a somewhat dry and stale shortbread.

I would say that this flavor can’t stand on its own, and does need more support then the other ones.

But that can become a issue, adding too much bakery oriented flavors to it and especially anything AP based, turns this into a muddled nearly sand like texture, that is extremely dry . Adding more almond turns the included almond into artificial dry nut.

In my opinion, it’s a good accent or/and boosting flavor for other flavors or in bakery recipes, as long as almond cookie is not the main note. If that’s what you wanted to do with it, I wouldn’t recommend it, but as secondary it’s ok.

3. **Pistachio Cream**

Dry nut of some kind flavor. But if you pair it with other nuts, ice creams, tobacco, chocolate, coffee. It really stands out.
Still doesn’t scream pistachio so, unless you add a second pistachio to that.

There’s not much actual cream, it’s more of a creamy pistachio if anything, yet unless paired as stated above its just dried out trail mix lol. You can’t distinctly tell it’s pistachio and because it’s very light, it’s also harder to work with in mixes.

I would say if you plan on a light nutty flavor that can also add a bit of dryness then get it. If you wanted actual pistachio or a pistachio ice cream, then skip it.

as usual this of course is my opinion and subjective, but I hope it helps.

9 Likes

I got chocolate chunks in my last order and like it; dripped a bead with the chocolate mousse VTA and they paired well. Add a cream or two and you’d likely have a good chocolate.

Almond cookie I use as an additive to boost a cone or cheesecake crust for example. It is dry and not a good stand alone.

Still haven’t tasted the caramel butter.

5 Likes

I have zeppola and have used it plenty in the past, i like it. When you say fa donut, you mean zeppola, right? What i always got from it is kind of like the fried shell but not dough. Im the worst at describing flavor as i have a very dulled palate, im the opposite of a good flavor note taker, lol. Capella glazed donut i totally get playdoh from. I do have deep fried pastry wf and liked it in something i made and plan to use it again. Maybe i grab the wf glazed donut and make a combo with that, deep fried, and one of their cakes, maybe angel cake… hmm

4 Likes

FA has a new Chocolate Glazed Donut, maybe that’s the one?

3 Likes

Yes. I’m sorry I wasn’t clear but it was late as I wrote it lol. I’ve not tried their new chocolate glazed donut, also totally forgot that it was released.

3 Likes

Cool. Yeah i did think of that newer fa one but figured you meant zeppola. And turns out i already have the wf glazed donut, just havent opened it yet. Lol, this flavor addiction is real!

3 Likes

I have heard off a few people its not real good :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks for this i have a few wf in the mail can’t wait to try some out

2 Likes

It may not be, I did get the FA Vanilla Ice Cream, used it once and said nope. Not that people won’t like it, but I tasted Cyclotene in it. Decided to ask FA if it was in there, and it sure enough is. Why their Ice Cream needed an odd, bready caremllic flavor is a mystery.

11 Likes

I don’t mind cyclotene but yer y would you put it in ice cream flavoring :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Well the price on lemon zest and nutmeg probably went up, so FA decided to be “creative” and added apparently things like cyclotene throughout the whole new line, along with strawberries in their cheesecake. First thing you would think off when buying a cheesecake lol. Can’t wait to see what’s added in the next batch, if there’s any upcoming “new” flavors. …

4 Likes

So WF released or going to release new flavors, which I am very excited about. Bull city doesn’t stock them as of yet, but it might be just a matter of time till they do :wink:

Did maybe somebody get some testers send from wf and can give us a quick rundown?

If not fine, I’ll just grab them after they will be available and be the guinea pig lol.

Most excited to compare (WF) carrot cake to (VT) carrot cake as well as comparing (WF) mascarpone cream to (HS) Italian Cream, (WF) butter cream frosting and (LA) cream cheese icing.

Of course there is others but I don’t know why I’m mostly excited about these lol.

Edit: not affiliated or anything, just wanted to see if people heard something about them already.

5 Likes

I am very curious about these flavors. I just ordered from Wizard Labs a week ago, got my order today, and just casually went to their website. The big front-page banner wasn’t there when I ordered.
What about this brand? What about these flavors? I have never had the real-life counterpart to these flavors either. I have had the opportunity to have rhubarb several times. In fact, it’s easy to find as a pie where I live. But my grandmother always ordered it when I was a kid “to help her poop” so I was always a bit turned off.
I have never heard of this brand until just now but their flavors seem a bit unconventional.
They have a starfruit flavor too. When my son was a baby and teething, he loved cold starfruit. So I know what that tastes like.

2 Likes

We have a wonder flavours (wf) topic with some notes in em.

I use them on a regular basis, however the ones you’re listing, except the Thai Apple, soursop and star fruit are new releases, I have yet to do a sft on them.

But in general, wf flavors are on the more concentrated side. Not as concentrated as flv or mf of course, but close to vt/fa .

Their fruits are extremely potent and actually really good. Most of them are pretty much spot on, or as we say realistic.

They do however have some that border close or even fall into more the candy type.

So I would recommend you single flavor testing them but start low, and work up.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply!
I am going to have to try one each of all their flavors now. I bet the sugar cone is good.

4 Likes

Just got in the marscapone cream cheese. Has anyone tried this yet? I’m hoping that a 10 day steep is enough.

4 Likes