Work is gonna be extra slow now

Just wanted to warn you to be careful around mandoline slicers :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess work is going to be extra slow for the next week or two :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Have no fear, itā€™ll heal upā€¦ I sliced the end of my finger clean off, bone, fingernail and all with a meat slicer 40 years ago, you can still see the scar running top to bottom on my index finger, it grew back nicely.

8 Likes

Ouch!!! Feel your pain!
I done the self same thing a few years back and took a slice out my thumb!
Used the guard ever since, lol

2 Likes

Youā€™ll be good. Iā€™ve done that with a router, saw and I donā€™t know how many times with a knife in the last 40 years (just last week with an xacto). Makes playing my bass tough. We put up a dry erase board to count the number of times we wack those wounds accidentally on something. At the end of the year the winner getā€™s a t-shirt.

3 Likes

Ouch! Just thinking about it makes me wince. I havenā€™t done that yet when using my mandolin slicer, knock on wood, but I usually cut my finger while cleaning it.

2 Likes

I feel your pain , I hope they gave you some kick ass meds!:grinning:
One should never cook on St. Patrickā€™s Day after 9 a.m!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The Meat slicer reference made my malebits draw up into my abdomen. I have made many a commercial sandwich and early I got the best advice from a Chef/Owner while witnessing me trying to save the company money ā€¦he said, ā€œDonā€™t go for those last couple slices, as they may be your ownā€

Rest up @daath! ā€¦wincing waaay down low

7 Likes

It was so sharp, it didnā€™t really feel like anything. The second it happened, though, I thought, ā€œFuck, Iā€™m stupidā€ :stuck_out_tongue: Oh well, shit happens. Itā€™s just gonna be really inconvenient to work :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

It will get betterā€¦

1 Like

I hope you are not a left handed guitarists in a death metal band! :metal:

6 Likes

Solution?:

5 Likes

Welcome to the club! Iā€™ve gotten myself 3 or 4 times with our mandolin slicer-It sucks! One thing I have noticed is that cuts from very sharp implements tend to heal much quicker than from dull blades. Silver linings are where you find them, I guessā€¦

Hereā€™s to a quick recovery!

4 Likes

Get well soon!:muscle:

3 Likes

I like this solution

Keeps them fingers safely away from the blade

2 Likes

many companies make a product called a food processor. pretty neat gadget for slicing things. its also fairly safe in that one would have to be somewhat ingenious to ever get fingers into the cutting area

1 Like

Heh Nailed it Russ, Darwin never said it was ā€œSurvival of the Smartestā€¦ā€ :smirk:

2 Likes

Since the finger has been cut, he can always stick it in cider. Should feel better in no time.

1 Like

Get back to work!

2 Likes

I cook, and Mandolins are worse than cheese greaters.

1 Like

@daath Just wanted to check back and see if you wanted to post a picture with the bandaid off so we can see your finger all healed up? And maybe a picture of the mandoline slicer so we can check to be sure you werenā€™t too hard on it? Itā€™s been over a month now, hows it going friend?

4 Likes