Xcube2 vs sig 150w tc vs ipv3 li

I love it!!! :slightly_smiling:

Really if youā€™re happy with it then all is right in the world. As for myself though I love trashing the xCube because I think itā€™s crap for TC - an SMOK deserves all the shit too due to their I got your money and thatā€™s all I wanted attitude. And why buy a TC mod if thatā€™s not the point when using it? Well I guess maybe itā€™s the same with my F150 - itā€™s equipped with Sirius but I donā€™t use that either. Oh the madness!

3 Likes

This is my biggest problem with the XCube. There are people that like them and you canā€™t argue that. I however will not subject my customers to Smokā€™s customer service, or lack there of. Plus the other thing that cinched the NON DEAL for me was they had the nerve to make people pay for SS and TI support. How rude, not to mention their app only worked on the IPhone at first. Idiots? I think soā€¦

3 Likes

Man I seriously wish I got more hearts for @SthrnMixerā€™s and @ringlingā€™s responses above. They are spot on, exactly how I feel. BASTARDā€™s selling me a TC device and then stealing all my personal info, my credit card and cell number plus a nickel in order to enable the only TC wires used? If I could be bothered to find my special black cubeā€¦I can tell you precisely where Iā€™d stick it.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve never seen a more controversial TC mod than the exCube Too. Iā€™m no haterā€¦ I just hate this mod. I know if exCube owners went through the same ordeal as me and many other ownersā€¦ they would be telling a different story. I think even beyond poor customer service, thereā€™s a serious quality control issue. I think thatā€™s why some have good exCubes and some have bad ones. The concept of the exCube is great, but the application SUX.

4 Likes

If you remember correctly, I loved mine, and it still works good (even the app)ā€¦but its just so damn gimmicky, and it get blown any by the other TC devices on the marketā€¦its a stepping stone mod at best.

Fact is fellas, we got spammed by a local (to me) shop. Now were all chatting this dead mod up again.

3 Likes

I agree with every word. I also loved mine but yes, blown away by even my little olā€™ single battery eVic mini. But that LED light is cool though, huh? look across the foggy expanse at the bar. see the red glow? Yep, thatā€™s an xCube. owner like to keep it all fiery and shit

2 Likes

My first act was to turn that light TFO. Just like the stupid touch sensor on the IPV3 Li. I read on here that people like the light. . .thatā€™s a joke, right? Waste of batteries, that type of crap.

@5prock3t. . .I hate that you are so very right.

And my wife likes to have bling on her phone case, to each their own.

I dont know exactlty what you think im right about, but I will take it.

But I dont think yall really understandā€¦we are all choir members preaching.
Benny still likes his, and thats great!
ā€¦but the zombie spammer is gone, let it go, put the Xcube2 to rest.

Lets bash the new Smok cube-like additions to the damn-familyā€¦the ones who are next inline for firmware upgrades and not our bricks that cant do watts AND tc at the sametime!!! (FIX THAT Smuk-fockers, and get in the game!) Or bring on REAL innovation and stop reviving the past mistakes!!

2 Likes

So you use the light then? Iā€™m sorry, consider me poorly wired. I remember aaaahhhhh whatā€™s his name, the guy with the beard wut acts like hes crazy? You know that guy? Yelling at you like a disoriented homeless man. If only I were not so lazy, but I remember he seriously liked the light. Enough to make me think i might like it. Iā€™m glad some people got mods they liked, cuz thereā€™s a ton of us that had just plain bad experiences.

I dunno, Iā€™m very conservative of battery power. I donā€™t like that the screen stays on when I fire. I really dig that feature, stealth mode.

I could give or take the light, but in instances where I might receive a ā€œwe get it, you vape!ā€ I turn it off and dont miss it.
What I noticed that I REALLY liked about the light, right away, was that you could adjust the ramp up speed of the light (kinda like I wish you could with WATTS in TC)ā€¦and I would slow the light ramp up so I knew it was READY TO VAPE when the light was full on, the vape ramp up was ready to vape.

1 Like

Ok, so the light is a bit of a wasteā€¦ BUTā€¦what if SMOK put out an app that played Simon. One guyā€™s LED blue, another red, yellow and green. Oh the fun vaping games 4 Cube owners could have

2 Likes

I guess I talked this up. Itā€™s been 3-4 months since I sent this offā€¦ now I got a brand new black one. Iā€™ll be giving this away along with my 1st one as soon as I can find a fair way or someone really in need.

3 Likes

I would take you up on that, but I am not in need, and I wouldnā€™t take one of you gave me one lol. I am just kidding. But thatā€™s the first time I have ever been able to back that statement up :wink:

I know this is an old thread, but I would like to addā€¦

To anyone finding this thread looking for advice on a good TC mod, I have friendā€™s with Smok mods. None of them perform well in TC mode. Sigelei makes decent stuff, but their temp control isnā€™t as good as DNA 200 or Pioneer. In my opinion, next to DNA 200, the YIHI chip comes a very close second. I have had nothing but flawless temp control from all of my Pioneer devices.

I currently own two iPV D2ā€™s, an iPV D3, an iPV 3 Li, and an iPV 5. I donā€™t have a single con with any of them. And I just ordered another iPV 5 and another D3. I also own a Tugboat DNA 200, and a Vapor Shark DNA 200. The DNA devices are very nice. But if I only had $100 to spend, I would find no better choice than the iPV 5.

Sent you a PM if you get a chance.

Thatā€™s took them long enough to get round to that pv. I can remember you sending it back.
Pitty ther didnā€™t give you credit aswell.

1 Like

I did get a refund for itā€¦ they never asked for it back, so I sent it for repairs and they sent a new one. I had given up on seeing it again.

1 Like

As long as you didnā€™t loose out thats the main thing. :+1:

2 Likes