Ya gotta have patience!

I am so happy!
This is the 40th day since I quit smoking and got into vaping.
I started with a Joytech D16 and one bottle of a Newport clone made by the owner of the Vape shop I deal with.
Pretty quickly I upgraded to a Zelos kit and at the same time I bought my first premium juice, Tailored House Strawberry Crunch which I loved but wasn’t thrilled about paying that kind of money for.
So I started to buy some flavors determined to learn to make my own and a Freakshow RDA to test them with.
The first few attempts didn’t work out so well, harsh tasting, chemical tasting even though they were simple recipes I found and copied.
Even the ones that were supposed to be shake and Vape.
I kept mixing and trying and found a few that were ok but not ADV material…so I got a bit discouraged and just waited.
Not much happening day by day but a few got a little better, then about 2.5 weeks ago I mixed up one recipe that I just have had confidence in because I made a 60 ml sized bottle.
A strawberry custard cream concoction.
Same deal, not good at first and I was very disappointed but today I pulled it out and tried it…It got pretty good!
Not perfect but after 20 days of steeping it I just got to believe it will get even better from here.
I also just tried a very simple four flavor Milk Man clone I made and that one also seems to be changing for the better…among others.

I only have 14 flavors but that seems to be a good start, I will get more.
I have some bottles, a scale and a few other needed pieces of equipment but the one thing I really needed I didn’t have until now…patience.
You can teach an old dog new tricks after all.

24 Likes

I envy you , The patience part still kicks my butt. I have learned with Strawberry and Custard though you just have to deal with it.
Congratulations @digger27 sounds like you are having a great start to a successful mixing endeavor !

10 Likes

Thanks!
I easily got off cigarettes, I am having fun mixing and even learning to build coils.
It’s a whole new world and I like it.

11 Likes

Hear hear! Sounds like you like creamy vapes. Unfortunately, those are the long waits. I know, I like them, too. Check out the Easy 3 Flavor Recipes for Beginners. I found an ADV there called Sinnamon Cookie Kustard. A shake n Vape that gets better with time. Make yourself enough to last 3 weeks. By the time you’re finishing up the bottle you’ll ask yourself why you didn’t make a backup.

6 Likes

A really simple but Super delicious custard Vape. About 3-4 weeks of patience. But the longer it sit and steeps the better it gets. You can drop the Custard down from 10% to anywhere between 5-8% and it’s still delicious. At 10% the custard is very, uhm… Custardy if there’s such a word.

5 Likes

Keep it going and congrats!

4 Likes

Thanks all…and thanks for the recipes, too!

3 Likes

Congrats on making the switch! :smile:

2 Likes

over two years mixing and still can only wrap a single coil , so congrats on learning how to build

4 Likes

Honestly, i have been mixing with about 30 or so flavors(maybe less) for a year…helped me really get in touch with them. I have maybe 60, with 13 new ones on the way.
Its definetly not about quantity! Hope you are still plugging along! Good luck!

5 Likes

What I learned is " steeping doesn’t make a bad recipe better it only makes a bad recipes worse"
Credit for that saying goes to Wayne Walker of DIY Or Die and I think that it is very true

3 Likes

This is true in some cases, but I’ve had several mixes that I really didn’t like for weeks, but after about a month a lot of them has improved tremendously. In fact one of my all time faves is a dud for the 1st 3 weeks. I almost dumped it the 1st time I mixed it, because it was really bad early on. I actually forgot I had it for about 3 months. After I came across it and tried it, it was and still is great.

After that scenario I adapted a 30 day rule, It’s actually has a dual purpose. It gives ample time for some flavors to fully develop and I’ll know it doesn’t turn bad quick. It’ll be very hard making big batches if the mix has a short shelf life.

9 Likes

i thought it was steeping wont make a bad recipe good , it will make a good recipe better , and he stole that from hos interview with pretty matthew lmao

6 Likes

Thats what i am working on as well…i make 6 500ml bottles and make them last 4 to 6 months. I have had to tweak almost every recipe after testing over a period of months!

4 Likes

You really ought to get a drill, swivels and some beadalons. Nothing to it and a fused Clapton gives so much better flavor :wink:

2 Likes

It’s really important for me that a mix will hold up over time. I really don’t like having to mix all the time so I do make large batches of my favorite mixes. I kinda work my way up to big batches tho. My test mixes are usually 30-60 mls, that way I can test them over time and see if they change. Maybe that’s why I’m sometimes baffled when I see notes about a 5-10 ml tester or notes about SnV or 3 - 7 day steep. That just don’t work for me, nor can I get the required info needed to commit to a large batch.

4 Likes

May i ask the longest amount of time you can make a batch stay strong and tasty?
I do not like mixing a lot either…

3 Likes

I have had some mixes for more than 6 months, but I usually average 3-4 months before a large batch is depleted (vaped). I usually make 240 ml batches, but I recently mixed a couple mixes at 480 mls.

1 Like

Nice. Thank you! I try my hardest to aim for 6 months

But you know how these things go!

2 Likes

If it’s a race to keep your juice the longest… I don’t want to compete. You have to vape that juice! :wink:

I get that you don’t want to be mixing every other week, but I couldn’t imagine having to vape the same juice for 6 months :astonished:
Variation is the spice of life!

3 Likes