Yestival with Yes, Carl Palmer, and Todd Rundgren

dammit i thought because of the vape in the hand ugh

2 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes Well if I’d said the SEXY guy hehehe…
I figured the vape would throw everyone…

3 Likes

no the guy with tenuous drummer forearms… :wink:
if anything the other guy plays bass

2 Likes

Way Cool Right On

2 Likes

Ahhhhh, to go back …

I eat spinach a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As a garnish in your Mojitos? :tropical_drink:

3 Likes

Hehe, you caught me…

3 Likes

Thanks✌️❤️🙂

2 Likes

I so wish I could!! The only thing is, I missed the entire best years of rock music. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I love my 80’s hairbands, but I was too young for their concerts, and I really love 90’s alternative. And there are many respectable bands from 2000 on. I considered adding the Nirvana MTV unplugged show to my list of concerts, if your making a list it can’t be top 11!! It has to be top 10! But I would have loved to be at that concert. Their cover of The Man Who Sold The World is still a song that I NEED to hear now and then!

OK, question to all of you…Who here has the best memorabilia collection or singular item? Original Tshirts, jackets, vinyl, Kiss condoms, Kiss army member ID card (Kiss definitely got the merchandising down), lava lamps, bongs, jewelry/backpacks/wallets/belt buckles with secret compartments, patches, pins, posters, autographs, instruments that were owned by someone amazing, anything at all!! Tell us what is the top of your collection!!

While I personally don’t have anything actually original from then other than my Vinyl collection. I have a friend who is a huge Beatles fan. And when he was a teenager, he went to New York City to where John Lennon’s birthday party was. Tried to sneak in, of course he got busted. But, never one to be defeated, he begged the doorman to bring him something from inside to keep and prove he was there. The guy did it. And to this day, in his freezer, is a piece of John Lennon’s birthday cake!!! It was brought out on a napkin that was printed with the date and Happy birthday John or something like that. He also somehow convinced John and Yoko’s driver to take a picture of him sitting in the back seat of their purple velvet upholstered car! He was only 13 or 14, but he must have been really smooth to pull off those things!

3 Likes

Did you learn this tip from your time playing unshaven nurse in thigh highs and heels? :joy::joy:

2 Likes

This song, I can’t listen too it without tapping my leg and just singing along to every word and bobbing my head all around. I probably look like an idiot or maybe having some sort of seizure. LMAO :joy: It’s just one of those songs that makes me happy. Especially “I got a freaky old lady named cocaine Katie who embroidered all my jeans, I got my dear old gray haired Daddy, driving my limousines” lol! I want Cocaine Katie to embroider my jeans!!

Ok, so I am trying to hazard a guess as to your age and also trying to remember the photos. I am going to go with…Springsteen, Simon and Garfunkle, Bob Dylan, Aerosmith, Guns 'N Roses, Motley Crew, Paul McCartney, the Traveling Wilburys, Grateful Dead, Rolling Stones, The Eagles??? Oh, and of course Bart Simpson!!

2 Likes

So did I but most of those Classic bands are touring again. That’s where I was able to see many of them. Sadly @ state fairs or some that can still pack a stadium. I’ll try to compile a list but it’s hard. I wish I had saved every ticket stub. As a kid my parents moved the fam from the big city of Cleveland to a farm in the middle of nowheresville. Us kids were miserable so we went to the city every chance we could and it was usually to see bands. My older sister was 16 and could drive and thankfully she let her little sis tag along. :heart: Music was and is my medicine and became my favorite pastime.
I read here a few introverts like myself don’t like crowds but for me it didn’t matter. When I was there it transported me to another place and all there was/is the music. And I always had to be right down front. I wanted to see the fingers moving and the facial expressions. My first biggie was Kiss and was so close I could feel the heat on my face from Gene’s fire breathing shenanigans. I had Paul blowing me kisses but all I could do was stare at that famous tongue of Simmons with his contorted face. It was then I realized I liked bad boys. LMAO!!! I listen to them now and think eh but it was my first and that makes it special.
Most wanted is Zeppelin. I would pay hundreds if they ever toured again. The closest I got was seeing John Bonham’s son Jason w/his Led Zeppelin Experience tour. Oh and Celebration Day at the Imax. Wow that was almost like being right there. At the end we stood up and lit our lighters. No one kicked us out either. xD
Biggest disappointment was paying 300 to see Fleetwood Mac and Mick getting sick and cutting it short. I was so pissed but grateful they got thru most of it and that I was able to see them live.
The video picks you got one right. Motley Crue. I had a hard time enjoying that one cuz some guy in front of me was lighting a hairspray can with a bic and thought I was gonna get shrapnel in my face at any minute. hahaa! The rest are Floyd/Roger Waters The Wall tour. Ozzy, Def Leppard, Cheap Trick, Bob Seger and Ted Nugent. Most memorable? Which ties in with your memorabilia question. I took a friend in a wheelchair to see Cheap Trick. That section was right next to the stage on the left, stage level. I thought OMG this is great. Rick Nielson would flick his picks into the crowd and I wanted one. So when he came to our side he would pose for the camera. His little adjust the bow tie and tilt his head signature move. God I loved that. I reached out my gimme hand to him and he flicked it right at me. It hit the rail and fell to the floor below. The guy in the wheelchair next to me jumped up and over the rail to retrieve it. I and Rick watched in awe. Was it a miracle??? No the asshat was faking to get a good seat. We look back at each other and he puts up his wait a minute finger and grabs a whole handful and flings it over our section. I got about 5 of em and gave a couple to my friend. They go for quite a bit on ebay depending on the tour. My friend has since passed (too soon) from a rare form of MS. We were besties and miss her much but was glad I was able to take her to her last concert. Great memories.
Here’s one from the year we saw them.

4 Likes

One of the greatest live perfomances of all time and I feel exactly the same about that song. Oh can’t leave out Lake of Fire :sunglasses: Ya gotta love that phatty low end

3 Likes

One of the best things I have is Arlo Guthrie 's autograph.
I got it at a show in a little club in York PA.

Unknown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g266Uwp6ZnI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEe9DF_mUEI

5 Likes

Lake of Fire is incredible too!!! Love that version!

1 Like

That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing!

York, PA??? GTFO!!! I live about an hour-ish drive from York! Do you live in PA? What was the club?

1 Like

Such a great post!! So much Fun to read!!

"So did I but most of those Classic bands are touring again."
Yes, that is true, but I would have loved to see them in their prime!

I have trouble getting to concerts now because of pain issues. The last one I went to, Butch Walker :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: at the TLA on South Street in Philadelphia, 5 years ago. My sister took me in a wheelchair because I just had surgery the day before and. Oils barely stand, but I didn’t care, I wanted to go so bad! But We got right up front to the left of the stage too!

“My first biggie was Kiss and was so close I could feel the heat on my face from Gene’s fire breathing shenanigans. I had Paul blowing me kisses but all I could do was stare at that famous tongue of Simmons with his contorted face. It was then I realized I liked bad boys. LMAO!!!”

That is an amazingly cool story!! I love the part about loving bad boys! :joy::joy::joy:

“The rest are Floyd/Roger Waters The Wall tour. Ozzy, Def Leppard, Cheap Trick, Bob Seger and Ted Nugent.”

This is an excellent list, along with all of the others you mentioned! I would love to see a bunch of them!

“Most memorable? Which ties in with your memorabilia question. I took a friend in a wheelchair to see Cheap Trick. That section was right next to the stage on the left, stage level. I thought OMG this is great. Rick Nielson would flick his picks into the crowd and I wanted one. So when he came to our side he would pose for the camera. His little adjust the bow tie and tilt his head signature move. God I loved that. I reached out my gimme hand to him and he flicked it right at me. It hit the rail and fell to the floor below. The guy in the wheelchair next to me jumped up and over the rail to retrieve it. I and Rick watched in awe. Was it a miracle??? No the asshat was faking to get a good seat. We look back at each other and he puts up his wait a minute finger and grabs a whole handful and flings it over our section. I got about 5 of em and gave a couple to my friend. They go for quite a bit on ebay depending on the tour. My friend has since passed (too soon) from a rare form of MS. We were besties and miss her much but was glad I was able to take her to her last concert.”

I’m sorry about your friend. That is a great memory to have of her! I wasn’t a big Cheap Trick fan, or technically hadn’t really listened to them much until I saw them live! They were so amazing"

I can’t believe that dick head did that with the pick! It is possible that he does need a wheelchair to go to something like a concert due to pain or an illness. I was able to stand for a minute or two when I went to that Butch Walker show, but I couldn’t jump over a rail! Or get up very fast at all! I didn’t get up at all!! I didn’t want anyone to say I was faking it! Lol! But if that guy didn’t do it, you would not have that story or the picks! So, I guess it worked out all in all!!

Thank you for sharing your fun stories!!

@SessionDrummer I am sorry that I derailed your thread off the topic of Yestival! It’s still all music related, so I hope you don’t mind!

3 Likes

Ohh I’m sorry too @SessionDrummer. I thought everyone was talking bands they’ve seen in concert. I love reading everyone’s stories and who they have seen. Nothing better that seeing your favorites live. Glad you were able to see the Yestival.

Very true. Some bands still got it. Get better with age and some not so much or no longer the original lineup. I usually prefer most bands earlier stuff before they go all commercial.

There was no way this guy wasn’t faking. If you had seen how fast he got up, hiked the rail and jumped 6 ft or more onto the concrete floor below … when he came back I just looked at him and said, you got it? cool, then showed him my handful. Haaa!!!

Thanks she was great and we went to alot of shows together since kids. A few other classics we saw were ACDC, VanHalen, Scorpians, Black Sabbath, Dio, Judas Priest, Reo, Foreigner, Styx, Kansas, Pat Benetar, Heart and Creed. Many more but of a different genre than this thread.

3 Likes

No I actually do @Molly_Mcghee nails.

3 Likes

There’s probably a Yes ticket stub stuck on here somewhere :slight_smile: Back in my youth I stuck all my concert tickets on boards and coated with shellac cause I couldn’t afford pictures to hang on the wall. I dug this one out of my shed… had several more but they didn’t hold up so well. Pay no attention to the outside border… I was a wild young man who liked a little buzz to go with my concerts.

6 Likes