Yet another newbie with a muted flavor problem!

You probably have vaperes tongue, you need to vape mint or nothing for about a week and have some strong coffee, if you can’t smell your juice you can’t taste it, try sniffing some coffee grounds then smell your juice, then try vaping it. You’ve probably grown so used to highly sweetened juices you can’t taste without it, you could also boost the sweetener in your juice I swear most commercial juice is 5-10% sweetener.

6 Likes

You can try This: (shake and Vape)
Tfa Strawberry 7% (not Strawberry ripe But normal Strawberry)
Tfa Absinthe 4%
VG/pg to your liking
This is a Werry accurate mix. You should taste the Absinthe on the inhale and the Strawberry on the exhale.
Also try exhale through nose, SEE if that change anything.

4 Likes

Before we go further, what atty are you using, what coil, and what power?

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly! Early in my DIY venture I wasn’t liking anything I mixed including other recipes everyone raved about. I started to add sweetener to everything and it made a difference. Once I started mixing to my taste I began to hate it and haven’t used it in over a year. When I vape anything with sweetener I can tell right away because I get nauseated. I think you are used to the copious amounts of sweetener used in commercial juices and DIY recipes generally do not call for 10% of sweetener lol.

5 Likes

@tartarusspawn @xkalibudx @Geir @Ryuk thanks for your input. I will buy VG and PG from Liquid Barn since they have a 50% sale going on until Monday. it seems like a number of you, including @Cutlass92 think it may be vapers tongue. I think this may also be true. I went back to my friend who tried the 9 samples with me two nights ago, and asked him what he felt exactly. He said that he did get some flavor allowing him to differentiate between the samples, but he felt they were all weak flavors. As for me, I wasn’t able to tell them apart. I could barely tell there was a hint of a flavor in one sample or another. Therefore, I decided to put my taste buds to a test. I went to a vape shop and paid 25 cents for a sampling session. I tried 3 different Naked 100 flavors: Lava Flow, All Melon, and Berry Lush. I turns out something is up with my taste buds. I can feel minimal flavor, but nothing I can clearly identify. I went back to my friend and tried Nasty Juice’s Slow Blow, which is a menthol flavor, and I did taste the menthol.
now that I think about what some of you have said about highly sweetened juices, I think it maybe due to the “Candy King Strawberry Watermelon Bubblegum” which I’ve been vaping for a week now. it’s way too sweet.
@TW12 My friend is using an RDA. That’s as specific as I can be. I used my Baby Beast TFV8 0.4 omh Q2.

Thank you all who participated. So far, the final analysis came down to 2 things:
1- I will either stop vaping for a week, or just vape some mint for a week.
2- I will try the VG and PG from Liquid Barn.

I will try those and update you in a couple weeks.

7 Likes

You can also vape unflavor if you want and I think in one or two days taste would be back.

4 Likes

@Nicotine_River has the best price on vg. Lb is over priced even on a 50% sale.

6 Likes

It was mentioned by someone further up the thread about increasing your power. With that .4 coil, it’s specified to be between 55w and 65w according to Smok. I don’t have that tank, but from what I have heard it is a cloud chaser’s tank, not built to maximize flavor. Coming off being used to sickeningly sweet vendor juice, you could be a victim of your own atty.

There may just be something wrong with all your recipes, but unless you got a bad batch of VG or PG there’s not a large possibility that all of them are just wonked up. Did you try it on your friend’s RDA, I didn’t notice if you mentioned that.

Could also be vapor’s tongue as suggested. My wife got that once and she said no vape had flavor, regardless of what it was. I know this is a juice making forum, but at least make sure you cover all the bases before buying more DIY stuff.

3 Likes

Maybe but sometimes cheaper isn’t better.

I prefer liquid barns pg and vg over nic rivers…

If I’m going to buy it to vape , I don’t want to settle for second best.

4 Likes

I did try it with my frien’d RDA. so I don’t think the issue was my tank. I went back to Amazon and tried to read some of the negative comments about the VG. Some had a similar problem as I did. Others just said it wasn’t vapable because it was too harsh. I think my friend said something about it being a bit harsh.

@Cutlass92 thanks, I checked Nicotine River’s website, with their 25% off, their price was the same as LB’s 50%. The problem was the shipping was too high from NR.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly Bull city is cheaper.

2 Likes

“Nature’s Oil USP Kosher Vegetable Glycerin Gallon - 10 lbs” is what I got once off Amazon (hey, it was on sale, and also Prime, why not). I didn’t notice anything off compared to the Heartland VG I usually buy. But of course, everyone is different.

Good luck, hope it’s just vaper’s tongue and it passes right soon.

3 Likes

Nic River has free shipping for orders over $50. Pretty easy to get to $50. Way to easy to get to $50.

Is there a thread with free shipping from all the different companies ?
I’ve been avoiding buying from other companies (other than NR) because I don’t know what their free freight allowance is.

3 Likes

Liquid barn has free shipping for orders over 50

2 Likes

Destined for Greatness!

3 Likes

How is your taste now? @Zak2017

3 Likes

I can now taste my flavors! it was either the extra week of steeping, or all the mint I had during this week. I guess it wasn’t the VG/PG after all.

12 Likes

That is super great news!!!

5 Likes

This is amazing news!! How are they?

5 Likes

I am happy it worked out for you this was a good thread to read. Ive been making the same couple juices for a year straight (very sweet) that just slowly turned into flavorless clouds and I never even thought about vaping menthol for a week. I know what juice I’m buying today

4 Likes