Yet another newbie with a muted flavor problem!

I haven’t tried them all yet. Some turned out to be ok. Others weren’t so good.

4 Likes

Too avoid becoming used to a flavor I try not to vape the same flavor twice in a row.

Right now vaping Cupid’s arrow.
Next I might do fruit cocktail or jungle cream
Then maybe cappuccino snickerdoodle or strawberry cheese cake

With 17+ flavors to choose from my taste buds never get bored

The joys of do it your self

Edit : haven’t vape strawberry hubba babba in awhile might do this also or maybe sweet mango

Sweet mango kinda cleanses the taste buds

6 Likes

I am glad that some were good. The others may be better in time, possibly.

5 Likes

Not sure if this was covered yet, but I compare making recipes taste good to, say, a steak. The meat is what it is, but you need something to spark it up, like salt and pepper. I always use some kind of additive, usually a sweetener, to bring out the flavor that’s just waiting in the background. MTS Vape Wiz, Erythritol, Oba Oba, Menthol - there’s a bunch of DIY flavors out there that are just additives for enhancing the flavor, not change it.

Maybe that’s of help.

T

2 Likes

I’m glad our advice helped!

1 Like

Another thought, in case anyone’s still watching. Reducing my analog use more and more, flavors are popping more and more. If you weren’t a smoker, that will be irrelevant, but for anyone listening it might be food for thought. My recipes are mostly very light, maybe up to 10% flavoring maximum, one is 3.5% and it’s the subtleties (sp?) for me that make a good vape. Add to that though that some flavors are dead until 5% or more, and some come through at 0.5% or even less. Add to that that some are more persistent than others, say Menthol vs Meringue, Clove vs Cream. Of course, wattage. Of course coil type or quality. Add to that, that these are artificial flavors (chemicals). Add to that subjectivity of humans. All that makes this craft a never-ending pursuit with varying perceptions and preferences. A 20-year old may be ecstatic with “Skittles,” where I’m focusing on nuances. It’s like culinary arts. Every great chef is great and each of them have astonishing dishes, and have had they’re fair share of draino.

6 Likes

Nothing menthol cant fix (@Ken_O_Where)

3 Likes

El magico solution.

1 Like

Menthol, the magic flavor. It can fix anything…

1 Like

As long as you can stomach menthol!!! :nauseated_face::joy:

1 Like

Okay. How about real flavors spearmint

2 Likes

weird question, but what is your diet like? do you eat alot of sugar? vaping isn’t the only the thing that causes “vaper’s tongue”. might be part of the reason why some people have trouble tasting flavors without sweetener at first.

1 Like

My diet has changed since. This is an older thread. I’ve gotten my tongue all fixed up

2 Likes

so how’d you fix it what was the problem?

2 Likes

I did a number of things. For about 3 days, my coffee was always black with no sugar or cream. Vaped only mint. And lots of mint Lifesavers (sugar free.)
I also tried different recipes as some of the ones I tried earlier did not suit me.

2 Likes

me too i have noticed that plastic bottles soft ones are muting flavors, well replay with more details after investigating

1 Like

Have you vaped commercial eliquids before?
Then you have probably overstrained your taste buds…

To get such a result you have to dose the flavors much higher and increase super sweet from 3-6%.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @arkan7rb.

As we do have a problem with spamming and bots, could you please introduce yourself to our madhouse.

4 Likes

It just seems to be another bot posting on a long dead thread

A topic from 5 years ago will be utterly irrelevant unless it relates to the overuse of WSs or reckless over flavouring.

3 Likes

Too many misspelled words. AI wouldn’t do that.

3 Likes