Yiloong 3D printed mech

So far not a huge fan of this device it’s just ok imo seems sketchy sometimes as well I can see a nice arc at times when the copper plates connect to fire. I’m sure that’s common but ya lol! Running a dual coil build @ .18 ohms just wasn’t a good vape @ .2-.25, a single 18650 Sony vtc4! Any thoughts :thought_balloon: would be welcome!

1 Like

Thanks for the review. Thought these boxes looked sorda neat but after your review I think Ill stay far away.

2 Likes

What gauge and wire type? In my mechs i run either a single 24g 316L 3mm coils or dual 26g with the same specs.

2 Likes

Thx @Ken_O_Where I’m using 316l roughly 3mm with dual build. 24 gauge. Might have to try a single coil!

2 Likes

It just seems to have some ramp time that I don’t care for! Can always go less resistance but wanna stay safe!

1 Like

That there is the end of my help, pretty much the only build i ever ran other than some 2.5mm builds. I reckon you could try some 26g and see if it is any better. Good luck!

1 Like

Lol ok thx @Ken_O_Where

1 Like

more wire is more ramp but sounds like u got some nive voltage drop too. I would fix that arcing before u do anything else, make sure the contacts are fully flush

1 Like

I’ve been looking at it thoroughly and don’t see anything a miss, when I push the fire button it pushes the copper to the brass washer to fire ( sure you knew that) that’s where it’s arcing abit. Thx @worm1

Did you check your flux capacitor?

3 Likes

move your thumb, lol, is it pushing hard against the washer? If not u have to bend it so its contacting better, prob w/ design is its not flat on flat so u will forever get some arcing

2 Likes

Once I reach .88 ohms look out lol :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll post a new pic once I get home from work lol that was just a pic from vape mail afew days ago! Sorry lol

That’s a great idea maybe curve it to have more contact surface kool will try it! My first mech so ya :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I cant see well in the picture but you may also clean the areas that make contact if you can access them. You can use a pencil eraser and with a little scrubbing it will clean any tarnish from the copper! When I raced slot cars we cleaned our copper pickup shoes with pencil eraser. When the pickups were dirty they would arc more and there would be an increasing loss of power as they got dirtier.

2 Likes

This is good to know thx @AuraBorealis it’s brand new ATM but will keep this tip for future cleaning!

It could need cleaned even tho its brand new, when copper sits it corrodes. Anywho good luck and keep us informed of your progress!

2 Likes

Ok I’ll double check to make sure that’s great info as well thx for your time and help!

2 Likes

Cleaned the contact points on the copper will test again .18-.19 ohm build

thats a 3D printed mech ??? wow that 3D printing is pretty cool something i havent had a chance to explore ty for the share

1 Like