Your thoughts on Sweeteners: Sucralose/Stevia/Erythritol/Monk Fruit

Ok thanks. So how low of a % would u start with?

1 Like

If you have a reciprocating saw you could cable tie it to the blade :grin: but ya it takes awhile i do it on a heated mag mixer when i have to make some.

I would start it at about 0.20% see how you go

2 Likes

Ok .2% sounds like a good point to start out with if I ever get it to dissolve! Don’t have the saw u mention so shaking is my only option unfortunately. Does it ever go back to looking just like VG or can you see the ‘whiteness’ of the sweetner in the mix?

1 Like

should be totally clear when dissolved

1 Like

Is there any other way to do this like dissolve in water then add to PG as i kept shaking & heating & have noticed very little change!

1 Like

You can try that.

Kind of strange that it isn’t dissolving.

Maybe the assertion that it is 95% Erythritol is incorrect there may be a bulking agent in there as well. I would try dissolving it in PG if it dissolves easily then there is not much Erythritol in it at all.

1 Like

I was rather bummed out to see others above, still able to get the Stevia RebA, citric acid, and ACV as all of the newer versions do not include them. I just found this.

1 Like

It’s starting to break down in the VG just taking so much shaking and reheating. My arms are sore! I did however (before I saw your last message dissolve some in water @ a high% of the sweetner & added that to my mix. It doesn’t seem to have separated but might try the water then PG next time as it’s so tiring & time consuming with the VG. The ingredients don’t mention any fillers. Being a food grade product don’t they have to list all of the ingredients?

2 Likes

Not sure on that one at all.

2 Likes

Yes in Australia at least on food /consumable products all of the ingredients must be on the label, in order of most to least ingredients used. So that means no fillers in Raw Earth co. Natural stevia & monk fruit sweetener!
After many hours of shaking, heating and reheating I finally have a 95% VG 5% natural sweetener mixture that’s dissolved completely into a clear liquid! Also have extremely sore arms!

7 Likes

It says free shipping so does that mean overseas shipping is included?

2 Likes

So I’ve been keeping an eye out for natural sweetener well Stevia mostly & have found 1 @ my local Coles supermarket. It’s 1st ingredient is (as all the others I’ve seen) erythritol but then it’s only other ingredient is 56% Stevia from a natural source. They’re steeping the leaves of the Stevia plant in plain water & deriving an extract. Also it’s an organic product with no GM, ok 4 vegans and it’s kosher…amazing right. On top of that it says Reba for the Stevia. Now I don’t know what Reba is but reading through this thread it seems to be something good that people want?! So it’s in the granular form & IMO it will dissolve (in VG 95% natural sweetener 5%) after heating in a waterbathto to 40°C and a lot of repeated shaking to a clear liquid ready to use in eliquids as a substitute for sucralose/Super Sweet(cap) etc. that won’t gunk up your coils,so you can have sweet beverage & dessert juices without having a bad aftertaste & no coil issues.

2 Likes

Is it Reba Mcentire, the country singer?

4 Likes

Sorry for my typo ‘RebA’ is what I meant to type! Lol

3 Likes

Now I am curious. Somebody please help me… What is RebA?

2 Likes

Rebaudioside A is the sweetest component from the stevia leaf. It is also said to be cleaner with less off notes/aftertaste then the reb B compound also present in stevia…

7 Likes

Thank you for informing @Dan_the_Man as to what RebA is!

4 Likes

+1 @mixologist13

3 Likes

I saw one pro mixer posting about this mixture. I may give it a try. - Erythritol & Stevia

Super sweet (CAP) reminds me of the time I put 100% sweetleaf stevia in my mouth. WAY to much sweetness.

3 Likes

95g VG 5g Stevia & monk fruit extract by Raw Earth works really well instead of Super Sweet (Cap) I ordered the super sweet but haven’t needed to use it as the natural sweetener works so well!

2 Likes