Your thoughts on Sweeteners: Sucralose/Stevia/Erythritol/Monk Fruit

I put VG in the glass bottles, put bottles in boiled water for 5 mins, then put the milk frother in and added powder while frothing. Hopefully this works.

1 Like

Granular no more :grin:

2 Likes

To come full circle, Flavorah Sweetness apparently states “stevia” on the patent, making it my new “solution solution” :wink:
“researchers modified Reb A by applying “hydrophobic effects” to the bovine serum albumin protein” removing the “black licorice” taste. http://news.cornell.edu/stories/2015/11/cornell-scientists-reduce-sweetener-stevias-bitter-bits

My own attempts worked out (completely dissolved @10% in VG) and are in recipes steeping now, I will know in a week how they are. Also the Xylitol powder just arrived. It’s recommended mix is 4g in 9ml PG.

2 Likes

Hello @802Snowyowl, may I ask what % you used it in your mixes?

2 Likes

Yes WOFTAM is absolutely right & once you’ve done a batch @ 5%-95%VG it’s so sweet it will last just as long as that much of Super Sweet(Cap) would. Can u imagine how much you are saving. That much Super Sweet bought in small bottles shipped to you would be a hell of a lot more & no need to replace your coils or take time to build & install them as well. Now I have my Stevia with Monk fruit extracts by Raw Earth I won’t be using the 10mL pf Super Sweet(Cap) I never even cracked rhe seal & I don’t get the bad aftertaste like with artificial sweeteners either. I’m still a sweet tooth for sure just natural sweetener by Raw Earth in my vape. I take 3 large demura or coffee style sugars in 1-2 cups of coffee a day & no sugar in tea so taste really is subjective!

4 Likes

You could but sucralose is what’s gunking up your coils in the 1st place!

2 Likes

It has to be mixed with VG not PG if you had read earlier in the thread. Heating 5% granules with 95%VG in a water bath up to 40°C then shaking or the milk frother technique then reheat & repeat eventually gets it dissolved clear & just as sweet as Super Sweet (Cap)

2 Likes

The next time I need to make a batch I’m going to put it through my coffee bean grinder 1st then it will start as a powder before I add it to the VG. Thanks for the inspiration for my idea snowyowl

2 Likes

Worked in PG for me fine, just took a while to dissolve as I said. No worries.

3 Likes

I used 1g powder in 10ml VG (not exactly 10%)
I put the VG in sealable salt shakers, then hot water bath 5mins, then froth the VG while adding the powder. Then repeat and done.
I used the Krisda sweeteners with Erithritol/Stevia and Erithritol/Monkfruit. I’m about to add the nic now and test them tomorrow.
This will be a lot cheaper for sure.

2 Likes

I have only ever used the ODF cotton candy at max 1% in any recipes in which I don’t think I could even notice it. I was wondering what sweeteners taste like fake sugar (nutrasweet, Splenda, etc) as that they are disgusting and I personally can’t stand fake sugars. I would like to stay clear of these. My experience with nutrasweet-esk after taste was when I was sampling at my local shop. Gosh I couldn’t get rid of that horrible after taste. Lol thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Week 1:
Krisda Stevia (w/ Erithritol) at 2% seems as sweet as 0.50% SS, with a very slight earwax taste. Think I’ll try a different brand next time, maybe this’ll get better by next week as it is in VG and might require longer steeping.

Krisda Monk Fruit (w/Erithritol) is surprising. Seems as sweet as SS but not sugary, more like the entire flavor has been boosted. From what I understand MF & Erithritol both work like EM but without muting and that is what this seems like. Could be an added fruit note as well.

1 Like

Raw Earth make a Stevia and Monk fruit extracts that is mostly erythol but @ the95%VG5%Raw Earth it doesn’t have a bad aftertaste it’s just plan sweet & no need to steep the mixture u can use it straight after mixing. No earwax at all lol!

2 Likes

Always dissolve in VG , no big clump then even if shaking granules by hand!

1 Like

I’m going to put my granules thru my coffee bean grinder 1st next time I need to make a batch I’m not spending 4hours heating and shaking ever again! Lol.

1 Like

Like @Woftam says it will(even granules) dissolve, just takes time & will go crystal clear!

1 Like