ZERO Nicotine

I’ve vaped zero for years because I had to go nic free for surgery. I am vaping more nic now as it gives me a little more resistance to wanting to kill idots during my hellish commute and helps me drag out of bed.

I mix everything at zero, mostly fruits and flowers and they simply don’t darken. I do not froth and take care not to introduce oxygen, add nic (if I do) shake and vape immediately. Even strawnana custard stays crystal, water clear for over a year at least.

As for Millard reaction. The necessary enzymes are simply not active at normal temperatures. Unless you subject your juice to above boiling temps…you do not have a Millard reaction.

Zero has better flavor imho. I used vaping zero to replace washed hookah tobacco, which has essentially no nic. It’s even more relaxing not dealing with the mess and expense of hookah and gives a lot better flavor, partially via DIY and better control of temps. I love 0% and it’s about all I can stand to vape in my monster Whiterose mod with a big dripper. One hit of 3mg from it sends me to the moon.

I haven’t tried all nic brands, but I’ve tried a few and they all alter flavor a bit. So 0% can give you some really clean, stable flavor IME.

3 Likes

Just checked my testers of RF vanilla custard at 2% label reads dec 14

2016 the zero nic one is clear as the day it was made. The 2mg steeped nicely turning gold then slightly amber. No colour is not an indication of flavor as has been stated but the 2mg has improved becoming creamier smoother and more true to taste the vanilla settled and the initial marshmallow type taste is gone. Heres what i will do now. I will mix a fresh mix, same mix as thr control in my test ie RF VC 0Mg and compare it to the 3+ month old mix. This should, for myself anyway :frowning: end the debate as to whether the zero nic mix has “steeped”.

1 Like

Vaping without nicotine is a bit like drinking decaf coffee. You’ll miss it if you still crave the “throat hit,” the momentary brain stimulation, and accelerated pulse, but it adds nothing to the flavour. The main difference is that distilled nicotine is optionally added to e-liquid, while caffeine has to be removed from coffee in a process that does affect the flavour of the beans (in my opinion, at least). With zero nicotine e-liquid you still have all the flavour. In fact, many say it tastes better without the nic.

1 Like

your missing the point. Of course there will still be flavor in zero nic E liquid. What i am saying is that whatever your(zero) mix tastes like after mixed it will not change much aside from some off gassing of volatiles and alcohol. E liquid with Nic however especially dessert flavors an apparent milliard reaction occurs. The e liquid is becomes better over time and becomes fuller flavored,richer, creamier…

I addressed the original question, not your point. The fact remains, a great number of people have moved to zero-nic with no sense of loss (and in some case, a sense of gain) in flavour. I guess the upshot of any conversation like this has to be, “Try it, and if you like it, stay with it.”

8 Likes

Touche, a good point.

I vape most flavors with zero nic. To replace the nic. Just add the same amount of flavors but instead of adding the percent of nic add pg in place of the nic.

1 Like

So I’m a few days in after mixing nic into some year old water-clear strawnana…and today I notice is popcorn butter gold. I had been noticing it get progressively harsher, but thought it had been due to my addition of cbd directly to the atty during travel…but even after changing attys it is just getting harsher and more unpleasant.

I leave the cap off the needle tip about half the time. it’s been rainy everywhere I went too. I know water and water vapor accelerate oxidization, but I’ve never seen such a radical change in a few days. My nic is getting old, but it’s nude nic in nic armor stored in the freezer. In any event, since this never happened to the other 120ml of 0mg from the same batch over the last two months, I have to conclude that golden color is oxidized nic, and it tastes very nasty to me.

Its funny this has just occurred. I’ve been DIY for several years now and never seen a color change, certainly nothing like since I typed my last reply. . .I gotta open my backup stash of nic I guess.

1 Like

therabidweasel, Try putting 1 drop of MTS Vape Wizard by Flavour Art per 30 ml of juice to see if it mellows it out a bit.

1 Like

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-liquid/diy-e-liquid-flavors/flavourart-usa/flavourart-tobacco/mts-vape-wizard-by-flavourart.html

Hi, I noticed you didn’t add any PG or VG to your strawberry cheesecake [0 nic] recipe - is there a reason? Is it better? I have yet to mix my first ejuice even though I got all the supplies. Thanks for your input! The ingredients sound yummy.

I have cut the Nic out because nicotine contributes to narrowing of capillaries which can cause Raynaud’s disease which I have. Causes your fingers and toes to go white then purple. Very painful to have. So the blood has a hard time getting to the extremities. Huge difference with no Nic and although I have a couple juices with Nic in it for stressful times, I try to stay away from it.

4 Likes

Thanks for replying. I can totally understand cutting nic out for health reasons and yours does sound pretty painful.

2 Likes

DonnaVapes. I forgot to put that, yes here is my update.

TheTinMan1, I will always keep a batch of 3mg around just in case :wink:

1 Like

I have a freezer with about 100 ml of nicotine on hand.

1 Like

Thank you SO much OTC, appreciate it mucho. Have a great day! :grinning:

Mine MTS has turned black, but I’ll try some smooth tpa if it happens with my next batch. I’m going to see if SnV also changes with this nic. I hope not, it is definitely a bit harsher on my lungs.

4 posts were split to a new topic: Random stuff

haha… that’s a good question…

well… i was in same place like the OP… i wanted to cut out the nic… but still wanted to vape because i have that bad habit of holding my e-cig on my hand and inhale… i tried for a while to do it but taste was a trouble… all my good recipes were not tasting like before…
cutting out the nic for most people i guess is like “cutting out the addiction to it” but i guess the addiction is the whοle ritual… holding something in your hands, inhaling, breathing out and watching the clouds while your mouth gets full of your favorite flavors :stuck_out_tongue: or at least this is what happened to me …

2 Likes