24/25mm RTA SHOWDOWN | 2016 | 16 Tanks-1 Winner

I’m trying the glass with the SS sleeve on it. My luck when I go to change wicks I’ll pull the sleeve right off the glass. I swear I don’t know why this tank has gotten such good reviews. Different strokes and all that I know, but I can’t be doing things so wrong as to cause my own problem can I? It’s just been a WTF experience all around.

3 Likes

Yea I agree, I enjoy the flavor but that bitch of a tank didn’t last me…Hell I’d been better off will a solid steel sleeve, I may not have been able to see inside but at least I could still vape on it if I wanted to. And I won’t order any replacement glasses for it either. Outside a week, all my tanks were turned into culls. No point in destroying extras so my relationship with her is over, she breaks too easy…

2 Likes

I’m glad you cleared that up, wheew…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

that’s pure QC fail. If you measured the deck I bet you’d find it’s over spec (dia) We have all been predicting this …the “rush to market” Similarly some tanks probably leak and some are fine. I’d send it back. Maybe put a micrometer on the base without O rings and take a picture

[quote=“SthrnMixer, post:141, topic:71307”]I’m trying the glass with the SS sleeve on it. My luck when I go to change wicks I’ll pull the sleeve right off the glass. I swear I don’t know why this tank has gotten such good reviews.
[/quote]

Here I go quoting myself again. Just needed to say I got it spot on. Went to re-wick today and the SS sleeve came off the glass. Then I couldn’t get this glass off either. Well, I did. With a pair of channel lock pliers held down into the waste basked so slivers of flying glass didn’t land on my carpet. FK the Theorem! IMO it’s the worst of the worst. And it’s replacement? Can I get an LOL?

Yup, resurrected the Orchid and built dual 26ga SS. It’s rockin for what it is…never was a great RTA but light years better quality than that stupid Suck My Mod one. I hope Matt is able to collaborate on something that makes more sense.

4 Likes

Been there brother! There is something to be said for those that choose to put them in the freezer and then methodically tap with a 1 ounce rubber mallet for three days and save the $24.99 .
I as you choose to write this down as lesson and never have to worry with it again.Life is too short to deal with junk!

4 Likes

Me and others have mentioned using silicone plumbers grease but I would not advise it in the juice zone. I do however have a small Burt’s Bees lip balm in my coil kit which I think is safe enough to lube stuff closer to the deck (bees wax and likely petroleum gel) …Wifey is still looking for it :innocent:

2 Likes

What have you done? No need to fear Dexter unless… :innocent:

2 Likes

This was a GREAT thread and I ended up with a couple SMOK TF-RDTAs After working through some of the quirks, and many months later, they have become a solid fav.

1 Like

Same here, except I fell more for the RDA G4. Although I also got 1 of the RDTAs, I fell in love with the other one thanks to @Whiterose0818 who always seems to make kick ass recommendations. Yup, good thread for sure. I wonder if we’ll have one like this next year. :thinking:

1 Like

I meant more the cretins Dexter had to dispose of obviously :smiley:

1 Like

Nice dodge :smiling_imp:

Older post I am looking for something RTA I can lay down and not leak .but I really like my Boreas hope I spelled that right so it needs to work like the boreas any suggestions I looked in to smok v8 but reads my coils wrong

Hi. I honestly don’t know of a tank you can lay on its side and it not leak. My experience has been all RTAs will leak when left on their side…eventually. Perhaps @Pro_Vapes or @Whiterose0818 would know better.

4 Likes

i dont trust any to lay on its side…Ive been proven wrong too many times. Youd be more like;y to get away with it on a sub ohm tank vs an RTA

5 Likes

I have been spoiled for life deep water builds .TI
There is just no tuning back now .plan b make find a holders for my mod so I do not knock it over as often thanks

1 Like

i am curious if any one has tried a deep water build on a series deck and if so, was it the same???

2 Likes

I have not heard the term series deck before but willing to learn .I have been all tied up with a mod build last few months

1 Like

Ok…lemme give you an example. Say on a regular deck, which is parallel, a single coil is 0.2ohms…well then dual coils would be halved, or 0.1ohms, correct? A series deck, is exactly that, in series…so the same setup would be double the single coil instead of half the single coil…or 0.4ohms.
This would be interesting to hear from the likes of @Pro_Vapes or @SthrnMixer or @BoyHowdy who all use deep water builds, iirc

2 Likes

I have a Rafale X RDA that is a series deck that I sorta liked for testing recipes until I got my goon clones. Haven’t used it in a while and no idea what a deep water build is but am curious to learn more as all the builds I did put in the Rafale were quite simplistic at the time before I bought any prebuilt coils, started twisting wires or bought my recent spools of clapton.