A noob's first impressions of the Dovpo TC-50

Hopefully they will have ironed out these issues with the new one. I may be tempted to get one if they do and pass this one on to my mum, sister, or bro in law.

I’ve decided the temp control with this is too much hassle for the PV or Magma…but the Subtank? Whole different story. It’s great. I was having trouble with it dry hitting—I tried recoiling the OCCs, building on the RBA, everything was giving me fits. I was super frustrated cuz it was so amazing at first. I put a Ni coil in and back to being a beautiful thing. I’ll click it every few minutes if I’m not chain vaping or go through the hullaballoo just to have my Subtank work like the champ I know it is. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure wish it worked out better for you. I will say that stories like your own make me leary of buying the latest and greatest till I hear feedback on them. Another reason to not jump on the bandwagon right away is many of these vendors overcharge when it first comes out. Wait a month and the price goes down. You should probably get the evic VT express kit. All these guys here on ELR seem to love them and I believe that battery propaganda is just that. You really do not need the tank so the express kit is what you need…

1 Like

Meh, I’m happy with it. It’s a great little box, fits in my hand perfect, easy to use. I was going to get the same model Ken’s got, the 50w mini, but this one was only $3 more so I grabbed it instead. I don’t have any regrets. I even said to him that I doubted I would ever use the temp control, but it’s nice it is there if I decide to. I’ll deal with the quirks. LoL

1 Like

Nice review/first impression!

I have one on the way for review too, I’m looking forward to fiddling around with it.
It looks like it borrowed its looks from the Sigelei 50W a bit, it has pretty much the same housing but with branding smeared all over it (which i’m not fond of).

Expect my (somewhat more extensive) review in a few weeks! :wink:

2 Likes