Any one have the NFFO1 Mixer?

your thoughts will be appreciated , and what havent you owned ? a mag mixer ?

4 Likes

Two things with any mag stirrer: a set of various size stir bars (amazon) and flat bottom Erlenmeyer flasks or beakers. The flatter the better or the stir bars wander. I use cheapies from Nicotine River which are better than some more expensive ones I bought elsewhere because the bottom are domed. Mag Stirrers work great. I have two. One old one off ebay and another I paid a crazy price for. Not necessary.

5 Likes

Please do , look forward to reading the review ā€¦ and seeing some pics

3 Likes

Thx for the info was looking at nic rivers flasks already.
Iā€™ll check amazon for stirrers .

3 Likes

I know someone, hold on
@Radiokimbo, can you help answer this question ?

2 Likes

Could also just be ā€œToo new(s)ā€ :wink: :grinning: :laughing:

:thumbsup:

2 Likes

Caveat emptor.

I ordered this mixer from smokstore dot us

They still have not shipped the item although the order was placed on Nov 8. Iā€™m not expecting too much I donā€™t think, but I emailed them 4 days ago and asked when it would ship. They told me it was going out next day. Nothing.

Just be warned. Glad I used PayPal.

6 Likes

ah man that sucks , two days after this thread my mixer started acting up , the dial isnt working right , so i was waiting to hear your thoughts about this :frowning: . Are you gonna wait for it ?? or cancel order ?

1 Like

Well I emailed them again last night after my last email went unanswered. Hereā€™s what they told meā€¦

hi,sorry for delay shipping,the suppleir not ship out them to us on time,but the good news is they will ship out them to us on afternoon.

so your parcel will be shipped out on tommorow,sure,after we shipped out your parcel,we will send you the tracking number and photos you require.

That was in response to me telling them if they didnā€™t reply by today I would get PayPal reimbursement started. So weā€™ll see.

They list some good products at a nice price. They donā€™t, however, use the words authentic, style or clone like Iā€™m used to seeing from Chinese sellers. Searching these words, authentic brings up 16 results, style - 7, and clone - 3.

So far I see their customer service sucks balls. Not sure what to think of the rest of it.

3 Likes

Dude if my items donā€™t ship within 7 days I automatically open a claim with pay pal I usually see it shipped within the next 24 hours, especially when they print the shipping label but donā€™t ship it! I had one place print the label within 12 hours, then it never made it to the post office, I waited a week then opened a claim, shipped out the next day! With an email saying they where really backed up. So what you could print the label but you couldnā€™t put it on the box?

2 Likes

So looks like maybe they not a dependable vendor?

Figured they would have better service than what Iā€™m seeing .

Being a vendor in this forum , I figured the admin approved them as a reputable vendor.

Hope everything turns out okay. But not sure if I wanna order from them now

2 Likes

I didnā€™t know this. Well maybe @smokstore1 or @smokstore will read this and realize we have expectations. :wink:

5 Likes

Yea , the vendors forum is how I found them.

So many sites out there advertising vape stuff . I donā€™t know who to trust or order from.

Liquid barn - a guy at the emergency room recommended the. To get started

Nic river I tried once I joined this site

. I say if they donā€™t send the item you ordered there probably needs to be a nasty warning in that vendors thread

3 Likes

I donā€™t know man, If it was me Iā€™d stay clear of them in any case.

I have a real strong bias towards buying old American made equipment whenever possible. Iā€™m sure I donā€™t have to tell anyone what a crapshoot ebay is but Iā€™ve been on there since 1999 and generally have decent luck buying stuff like this from individuals and not ā€œstores.ā€ Heres a pic of a mag stirrer I bought for 35 bucks shipped. It was like new except the rubber pads on the bottom had disintegrated. Itā€™s cast aluminum, doesnā€™t take up much bench space, and is very well made. I had a look inside and its the kind of thing that makes me smileā€¦quality.

"

5 Likes

I think we want to see the pics from what is insideā€¦

4 Likes

Ok give me a little bit and Iā€™ll do that.

2 Likes

Its very simple but high quality parts were used. 2nd photo is a wire wound rheostat which is very hard to find nowadays. Iā€™m an old fart fond of analog devices for stuff like this. My guess is that this is from the 50s or 60s but I would have to disassemble to read the date code.

The motor is continuous duty rated and again high quality. Bearings have no wear or play. The top is a bar magnet which my guess is alnico. The housing is about 1/4" cast aluminum. I use this all the time. So a switch, rheostat, motor and bar magnet. Simple as could be. Best $35 bucks Iā€™ve spent this year.

7 Likes

Quite a deal for $35.

1 Like

These models show up om ebay fairly often. The main questions to ask is whether they have any noise or vibration. If someone says yes, run. My main thought about something like this is whether I would turn it on and leave it unattended. Not sure that I would want to do that with a Chinese motor in a cheap product. Each to their own and having worked in the electronics industry for a very long time, Iā€™m probably overcautious.

2 Likes

Nope. Thatā€™s called earned wisdom, and is quite warranted IMHO. :wink:

1 Like