Anyone put off by the aftertaste / off taste in some Capella flavors?

I routinely pay 30+ usd for shipping to Canada so i feel your pain. If you order $300+ the shipping price is slightly offset imo. Only 2 i wasnt fond of were paradiso and vanilla wafer cream (i have about 20 of them ) and there are many to choose from. Happy hunting

2 Likes

The day I spend $300+ on flavours alone is the day I decide vaping has become way too expensive lol
I appreciate your input though, your tips on using FLV will come in very useful.

2 Likes

In one recipe, I use 3.5% and Cap at 3%, but that one is specifically a really heavy custard recipe. I know what you mean about the slight coconut flavor, INW Vanilla Cream also does this, slight coconutty tones. But mainly use it at 1-2%. Because FLV Vanilla Custard is so light and balanced, you could try using that as the higher percentage Custard, and add the INW Custard at a lower percentage. I personally love the coconut flavor, but I understand that doesn’t appeal to everyone which is why I use it at a higher percentage.

3 Likes

http://www.vaperstek.org/cocopilada/

Good stuff! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

@mixologist13 Hmmmm, I don’t have any purilium flavors yet, but I love my TPA VC, and INW VC, think I’m going to pick up some FLV VP and try what you suggested

1 Like

I just tried to make a RootBeer Float Flavor using Koolada,Menthol my 2 constants and Capellas French Vanilla and RootBeer and damn the aftertaste is awful. Any Ideas?

1 Like

Hey, I’ll share what I have learned since writing in this thread. The taste gets worse over time, and more of my flavors seem affected. I notice it predominantly in the 13ml Manufacturer Plastic bottles, if it has been rebottled, there is no plastic taste. But some great alternatives are TPA French Vanilla Deluxe, it’s really potent and buttery if you are solely looking for a French Vanilla flavor, if you are leaning more toward an Ice Cream flavor, Liquid Barn Vanilla Ice Cream and Flavor West Vanilla Bean Ice Cream are great alternatives, with no odd aftertaste. Flavor West’s version is a clean vanilla, and it’s a tad light, but really good, like Vanilla Bean. Liquid Barns tastes like a mixture of TPA French Vanilla Deluxe combined with TPA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, just minus the peppery notes. Hope this helps.

5 Likes

Agreed the 15ml stock cap bottles are timebombs. The LDPE bottles (all of them not just the 15ml) are horrible to store both concentrates and finished E liquid in. The flavor concentrates eat this type of plastic and larger bottles will distort also oxidization will occur. Oxidization also occurs if finished E liquids are stored in LDPE bottles and flavor will mute and as the E liquid darkens. Hoping to save others from the debacle i experienced.

2 Likes