Anything 'colder' than WS-23

Have you tried adding WS3 into the mix? It will give you a much icier hit on the inhale.

I add it and WS23 together at 0.5% each to get a very icy vape.

4 Likes

WS -5… But some people say it shouldnt be used and some say its ok so…Who really knows , Ive tried a commercial liquid from someine and the intensity of the coldness either has to be WS5 or they are pushing it fairly high …I went to 1.5pct fornthis person and it wasnt as icy as the commercial

3 Likes

WS3 is Koolada right? Can’t stand the taste of it for some reason.

5 Likes

Where did you get WS-5? Can’t seem to find it in the US.

4 Likes

I did find this…supposedly a mixture of all 3 main cooling agents.

4 Likes

Yes ws3 is koolada and I havent used WS5 but you will need to get the crystals and use PG as base

3 Likes

But what 3 ?? Koolada , Ws23 and Menthol ??? Keep in mind these guys are suggesting using 1 to 2 drop in a 2ml pod…1 drop in a 10ml is .2pct

3 Likes

ws-23, koolada, and methyl lactate

3 Likes

Yes menthol…Im 95pct sure I think thats what Polar Blast is as well by FA

Let me see if i can find Ws5 crystals

Also i know @Iv3shfI has done sone research and is opposed to using WS5 so maybe he will chime in …Im not sure if it’s a DAAP type of concern ir something more

4 Likes

There’s a chart for cooling agents that @woftam posted here that should be handy for you…

6 Likes

polar blast works best with creams. WS-23 and polar blast together will work on inhale and exhale coolness better than one on it’s own.

5 Likes

So step the Ws23 up to 2%…I use it at 1% and takes 2 days to work but its not all that icy…2% works much better but may need a % more flavored as it does tend to mute or dull some flavs…polar blast by fw I believe works well too and even FW menthol at 3-4% is awsome…it doesn’t really taste minty to me in my fruits like some do…get it in pg form instead of crystals

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post. I am a menthol user, but am fine with plain old menthol. What is great about DIY is there are so many options for so many different taste preferences. Enjoy !!

4 Likes

I have a question about menthols and cooling agents. Is there such a thing as too much? I mean, can it be damaging to lungs or sinuses? I believe I have covid-19. Untested but isolating anyway and recovering. Coughing, chest congestion, lost sense of smell and taste, etc. Mixed up a 30ml with 1.5% fw menthol, 1.5% flavorah cool menthol, 1% flavorah ice and 1% ws-23. No other flavors since I can’t taste them anyway. Went a little higher on nicotine since I couldn’t vape much for a couple of days. Just wondering if I’m causing any harm to myself?

4 Likes

I don’t about harmful but I can’t take FLV Menthol about like .30% as it just kills me. It is extremely potent.

3 Likes

So sorry to hear you might have COVID and hope you are able to get tested.
Like @scifoc said, not sure if it is harmful at those percentages, but I’ll bet that you are VERY mentholated. Hope you feel better soon.

3 Likes

Well 2% is the upper sanity limit for WS23 and WS3.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies. Feel a little better today. The high menthol is kind of growing on me, not that I’ll ever vape it without being sick.

2 Likes

What’s causing the reaction? Is it diaphragm hiccups from the nicotine or one flavour affecting you?

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s just lung congestion. The menthol seems to numb enough if I start off inhaling shallowly, then gradually increase to almost a full draw. I’ve dropped the nic back to 3. Might be all in my head, but I think it helped.

2 Likes