Are you ready for ME? I'm ready to start my first DIY!

Speaking of tasting… What about the idea of adding flavoring to plain water to get an idea of what a mix might taste like? I saw that in a “Getting started” video, but wouldn’t the taste be a lot different with the VG/PG?

I know, nothing to lose… Just the way I am. Been researching robotic vacuums and mops for about a month. Made a spread sheet with capacities of liquids, waste bin suction power, battery life, reviews…etc. No, I am NOT anal wife!

4 Likes

You could try that to give an idea of what it may do, but nothing beats doing single flavour testing (SFT) of a flavour in a PG/VG mix using the atomiser you generally use to see what it will vape like.

I usually do my SFT’s in a 30ml bottle and test them at various points during the “steep” phase to get an idea of how they mature (or not) over time.

I vape mainly custards and dessert type things so I tend to test over a long period of time to see what happens.

For instance, a mix of 10% Vanilla Custard (CAP) is good at 4 weeks, better at 8 weeks and excellent at 3 months onwards…

It’s all about testing so you can work out what flavours YOU get from each concentrate because as we always say “Taste is subjective” so what I get will differ to what you get a lot of the time.

6 Likes

@PaulyWalnuts I had to agree with @Ianc13. I have done a lot of testing, and although tedious, there is no replacement for. I will say, I am often VERY surprised by how a flavor tastes when actually tasting it, vs. how it can taste when vaping it can be VERY different, and that’s just a single flavor. Imagine how that difference could manifest across an entire recipe.

It’s not to say there is no value in testing off the finger, or in water, but vape testing, which will be your actual delivery method, is the best way.

5 Likes

I don’t know which Fuzion scale you picked up, but any scale can get you started. Great job on choosing mixing by weight.

@Lostmarbles is spot on about the LB-501, as it is a workhorse. It eliminates most of the issues that chaper/smaller scales can present.

It comes with the CAL weights, has a larger base for when you start mixing bigger amounts, has a backlit display, and most importantly, has an AC adapter, as there is nothing worse then having the scale power down in the middle of a mixing session.

Another good thing about the AWS scales is you can “up” to the next model if you start mixing/selling bigger quantities.

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-Scales-LB-501-Digital/dp/B005UGBG20/

5 Likes

I tried the water testing very early in but it didn’t last long for me. I decided I would rather vape, than drink to test the flavours.

Ditto @Ianc13 & @SessionDrummer.

I SFT in 10mls for single flavours just to get an idea of the flavour & how accurate the description and ratings are for me, (compared with what is listed on the recipe side).

Recipes I test at 30mls over a period of time.

I also only test in a tank because that’s the only way I vape and it’s what works for me.
If I had to test in a rda and actually sit & do that, it wouldn’t get done.

I basically mix as a means to an end, if it tastes good to me (& hubby) and I’m not buying commercial juice, then that’s a win :tada:

You can go as far down the rabbit hole as you like, you’ll get no criticism for that here :+1:

7 Likes

Forget that and all other questions you have. I’ll be short, prepare for a direct punch.

Move away from here and never come back, that’s the only way you will ever stop vaping because these chickens here will addict you into buying more and more and before you’d realize, you’ll have 400 flavors and what’s worse, you’ll know you’re still missing another 150 must-haves. It can’t be otherwise, no matter how strong you think you are - you’re not. You’ve been warned, make a smart decision.

In case you’re still determined to stay, then welcome to the family of flavor junkies.

10 Likes

Yep, that’s true.
But with careful discipline and … Nah, just go with it mate. It’s all fun and still cheaper and not as bad for you as smoking ciggies. :sunglasses: :chicken: :chicken:
:rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

Boy I’m sure glad I didn’t fall for that insanity… :face_with_spiral_eyes: :neutral_face:

10 Likes

8 Likes

Welcome to ELR @PaulyWalnuts :call_me_hand:

Pay no attention to the subliminal messages!

12 Likes

So it begins…

6 Likes

Oh yes …

5 Likes

Looks kinda like the picture on our fridge that my 7 year old Grandson painted:)

3 Likes

Looks like Hell, 'ya ask me!

2 Likes

I could get into that if he was a she.

2 Likes

Decided to give this here first concoction a taste. I impressed me! It’s VERY good! Only filled the tank half way. I wanna let the rest ferment for another 2 weeks.

But, now I’m gonna make a full batch of 120 ml. and start another. 60 ml. this time.

As my Daddy always said, “Better to be lucky that good.”

7 Likes

Is this the @PaulyWalnuts that used to know Rob from LI, NY who passed away? Were you on VU then made the exodus to a renegade forum called Vaping Blips? And then there was the forum that Rob started before he passed. Is this THAT Pauly Walnuts?

2 Likes

Your wife is right.

2 Likes

Hmmm. I have NO idea what you’re talking about, so I’m going to go with no. : )

Did you know, that Abraham Lincoln is the first known person to use the smiley face? Was in a letter to General grant.

2 Likes

Sounds like something the Pauly I knew would say. I guess that’s a name that others have found irresistible for their handle, lol.

2 Likes