Are you vaping with Nicotine, or NIC free?

Leticia, I am a huge believer in individual choice and applaud you for finding what works for you that you truly enjoy. The world would be a better place if more folks were supportive toward one another. One of the things I’ve liked about the vaping community is how supportive it is. I participated in the ECF for the first couple of years I quit smoking and switched to vaping. I was impressed at how open people were to a variety of vaping (and quitting or cutting back tobacco) options. Wishing you a great weekend and a superb week.

5 Likes

I am down to 1mg and vape MTL. Probably don’t need it anymore but still have a bit to use so why not. :man_shrugging: :smile:

3 Likes

I very much enjoyed reading your post as I too was hooked on nicotine gum, Nicorette 4mg classic flavour to be precise.
During my many attempts of quitting smoking this was an obvious avenue but the same as everything else I tried it didn’t work. And also with complete honesty I can say I truly haven’t smoked anything since I picked up my first ego and clearomiser.

In fact for approximately 5 years or more (I honestly forget but at least that) I was buying a 105 box of gum per week and smoking the same amount too. The gum simply became my not actually smoking habit and I constantly was chewing one either whilst smoking or not. I’d often even go to bed chewing one and was constantly falling asleep with one still in my mouth which would quite often end up stuck on the pillow or worse still in my hair. I knew this was stupid but kept doing it to the understandable frustration and annoyance of my wife. If I did take it out I’d stick it on the bedside table and pop it back in as soon as I woke up. That seems bizarre to me now but it’s true.

Once I was introduced to vaping I immediately quit both chewing gum and smoking. I’d be lying if initially it didn’t take willpower but after a couple of weeks it just clicked. However I can say with complete honesty that I found vaping considerably more satisfying and did believe straight away it could work.

Now I’ll be the first to admit that I should have cut nicotine out completely by now after 8 years or more vaping but I haven’t. I have cut down from 32mg to 18 but 18 is only a very recent step. I stayed on 20mg for approximately 5 years because I was happy and after some research didn’t believe that nicotine was the enemy. However I do think I should put in more effort to eradicate it completely so hence my very recent reduction which I hope to continue at baby steps.

Vaping is something I enjoy not only for the realization that combustible tobacco no longer entices me one bit but also because I enjoy the other aspects too such as mixing juice and attempting to create a decent one.

I agree with other posts here in that I’m not going to push myself to remove nicotine for a set date but rather “go with the flow” and do so when I feel it would work and the time is right,

To be honest vaping has become a part of my life that I enjoy but it’s true to say that nicotine shouldn’t have to be included in that but I still crave and want throat hit.

Personally I always return to the same thoughts which are I’m not smoking combustible tobacco and why should I stop vaping if I enjoy it so much and there’s absolutely no credible proof that I know of that vaping can kill you.
I appreciate that human lungs should only inhale fresh air and I’m inhaling something else too but in my own mind I’m happy with that and to continue. If absolutely irrefutable evidence arises to the contrary then I’d have to reconsider my stance but until it does……

I’ve rambled but to answer started on 32mg and now on 18 (just).

5 Likes