Battle of the Bottles?!? + Poll

I use both HDPE (I have more of those) and Amber & Cobalt Glass bottles. I tried voting for both and it didn’t work. :cry:

1 Like

Wide mouth 200ml pharma HDPE (45-400 neck) and above are awesome for mixing by weight. The ones with caps that have plastic child proof inserts do not leak. The benefit to using them for mixing is that for one adding Nic/PG/PG is very easy regardless of the mother vessel, and there is usually ample head room for maximum shakability. For presentation sake or when I make for friends I use glass; but honestly for dripping and filling tanks it’s hard to beat a 30ml, or bigger LDPE unicorn. JMHO

2 Likes

Clear 30 ml for juice ( I like to be able to see the color of the juice) and I use amber for my nic

3 Likes

Cobalt blue I got on Amazon

2 Likes

I was refilling 30 ML LDPE Unicorn Bottle with the Black Child Proof Tamper Proof lids for a long time but with these you can only re~use/refill them so many times & eventually the inside cap loosens or you don’t secure it 100% that time & never fail, your juice spills out all over at the worst time. Last time this happened I was in my car! I tried glass and found that they were also breaking for some reason or another & I didn’t want that around the kids & pets. Because of this I moved on to using non~refillable but for me, reliable
~ Authentic Chubby Gorilla Bottle - 60 ML - Black & Authentic Chubby Gorilla Bottle - 120 ML for daily use. I use 250 & 500 ML HDPE Capped Bottles with Yorker Tips for storage.
** These bottles have worked out great for my friends & I in comparison. This is where I buy them from: http://www.diy-ejuice.com/category-s/1941.htm
They also offer a variety of glass for anyone interested. http://www.diy-ejuice.com/Glass-Bottles-s/1830.htm

1 Like

I use colored glass. I have black, blue, green, red, purple, frosted white, and amber (I think that covers all of them…!). I like my bottles to be pretty. :wink:

3 Likes

I don’t think that these would classify as pretty but this is what I have.

6 Likes

Most flavorings, VG, PG arrive from the vendor in pet plastic bottles. Glass bottles with droppers is a PITA to deal with and don’t think it makes the finished product taste better but does make the finished product look better. I do use pet for transferring of flavors that come in bottles not so easy to pour like RF and NF which contain alcohol.

1 Like

Very pretty!! :wink:

Love those labels!!

Thanks. I’m using a LabelWriter 450. I got it from amazon. The program is amazingly versatile :grinning:

3 Likes

This thread got me thinking about the different colors available for glass dropper bottles. I found a chart on a brewers forum discussing which colors keep out the most harmful light. We all steep in the dark, so im not sure it really matters until you bring it out and start trotting it around in the daylight, but i found the charts interesting, nonetheless. Looks like brown is the winner. I’ve only skimmed through this, but thought it might interest some of you.
http://media.libsyn.com/media/basicbrewing/bbrskunking.pdf

4 Likes

thats an awesome PDF! Thanks for sharing that @Plunderdrum :smiley:

1 Like

Your so right. This is a very imformative study on glass colors and light. It does definatly show that the brown bottles are hands down the best for protection against uv/light. Thanks for sharing this :+1:

2 Likes