Be polite and introduce yourself! (Feb. 2015 to Feb. 2017)

Hello everyone my name is Dave and very glad I found this site. I smoked 2 to 3 packs a day for 46 years and have now been tobacco free for 5 months. My daughter got me a simple ego starter kit for Christmas of 2014 and I stopped buying tobacco products shortly after. I was a heavy equipment mechanic and operator most of my life and am now retired with lots of time on my hands but very little money. In the past I tried everything my doctor suggested to quit smoking but with no success. Now vaping and not smoking but the commercial e-liquid became unbelievably expensive for me. So now I am just starting into the diy e-liquid and can already see the advantages to this. I have lots of questions and will try to find answers here by reading before asking but I am sure you will see more from me in this forum. By the way the screen name is because I live in the state of West Virginia and I do Santa Claus for several volunteer fire departments parades every year.

7 Likes

Welcome and congrats on quitting! The hard part is overā€¦now for the fun. :wink:

1 Like

you found the right place for all of your vaping needs alot of very cool and helpful people here!!!

3 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Jose from Amsterdam. I started vaping 4 months ago just 9 days after they tightened up the law so I have to get my shit from Fasttech. Started with a cigalike which I didnā€™t like, bought an ego and didnā€™t like that much either and bought my first dripper. Got onto Youtube to learn how to build a coil and got introduced to DIY juices. Got several tanks and drippers now but I like tanks better. I really like the vaping community. I have been watching a lot of Youtube videos over the years on different subjects and the abuse in the comment section really turns my stomach. Donā€™t see any of that in the vaping vids or this forum and really appreciate the way people help and encourage each other.
Very happy to be a part of this.

5 Likes

Congrats @wvsanta! Welcome to choosing life and the forum! Vape on!

2 Likes

Welcome @Josephine_van_Rijn! Tis true, no snarky crap in this forum! Perhaps some sophomoric comments, but itā€™s all in good fun! Iā€™ve learned a bunch here, hope you do too.

3 Likes

I have learned a lot already and more each time. Most of all it has restored my faith in people. They donā€™t have to turn into monsters because they feel save behind a keyboard.

3 Likes

Welcome to the family. Donā€™t feel shy about asking for anything. Youā€™ll find the people are more than willing to help with anything.

3 Likes

Hey, should have done this right away. Sorry. So, Iā€™ve been mixing for about ten months. My ADV is usually DIY menthol ( I know industrial, I never smoked menthols as cigarettes ). I smoked APD for forty years, I started Vaping a year and a half ago, am the better for it. I also make mostly dessert vapes however I have been experimenting with some different fruit and cereal stuff. I had a few recipes at dot1ml but I deleted them and have decided to start over here.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum ā€¦ Glad to have ya hear!

2 Likes

Welcome! :smile:

welcome aboard itā€™s a great place to be, learn, and share!!! would you link to ur menthol my wife only does plain menthol and I was curious to see what others consider plain menthol??

Here ya go Arctic Menthol Plus Itā€™s pretty strong though, but tasty if thatā€™s what youā€™re after :smile:

1 Like

hey thanks bud

Hello My name is Cloyce and Iā€™m new to the forum and have a lot to learn about every thing.

5 Likes

Welcome@Cloyce and youā€™ll be a master in no time flat!

I like ur name ā€¦welcome to the best

1 Like

Hi I Am Daisy
I have recently started mixing my own DIY E liquid.
I have just been following some of the most popular recipes here
and i am amazed with the results. :smile:

9 Likes

Hi allā€¦ First off I hate intros (makes me feel so newbeish (even if I am) lol). Iā€™m an older person and could most likely be yaā€™lls grandfather :stuck_out_tongue:
I smoked for 20 some years and quit around 1996 or 97 using the patch, but always like to smoke when I did. About 4 or 5 years ago I guess, I seen an ecig somewhere and picked one up (like I said, I liked to smoke, just hated the smell on my clothing or rooms after my sense of smell returned). I went through a few of the first commercial box mods for newbies, then used the ego for a couple years and itā€™s variations, then a zmax, which finally started to bite the dust a few months ago. Iā€™m currently using an iStick 50 and subtank mini or a Nautilus. I had bought a subtank (Kanger) thinking it was what I wanted a couple months back, with the low ohm coils everything tasted too hot (I donā€™t sub-ohm) so gave it to my step daughter who also vapes. Then after really thinking about it while I was on a trip for work last month went and got the subtank mini, got some wick and wire from a local shop and attempted to make a basic coil (28g 11-12 wrap at 2.0 diameter) which hit right at about 1.8 ohmā€¦ first attempt and worked great for what I liked, built a couple more coils over the last couple weeks. So, Iā€™m getting into basic builds and the ohms that appeal to me.
I attempted to play with recipes a few years ago, but as many newbies go, gave up from either lack of knowledge or frustration.
Iā€™m not a cloud chaser, and while I dripped a little when I was first starting, I quickly went to carts (which never last too long and would die in a week) and like tanks, times have changed a lot over the years, and thanks to sites like this Iā€™m going back to attempts for some cheaper juice, itā€™s not that I donā€™t mind paying for something, but I dislike paying for something I could possibly do better or with a markup that seems to be outrageous. I like my ohms around 1.8-2.0 and if I took my wifeā€™s and brothers advice a few years ago, Iā€™d have a B&M right now, when there wasnā€™t a shop on almost every corner (in my town, we currently have a good 20 or so shops). Iā€™m actually still debating the idea of leaving my current job or starting part time in one of the shops if possible to learn more about the newer gear and get up to speed on the business end. My current employer has had me traveling a lot over this last year and it has had both myself and wife looking for a different career path for me.
Anyway, if you canā€™t tell I can get long winded, but thatā€™s me in a nut shell.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum. There are plenty here that like your style of vaping and more than willing share their knowledge with you. Just stick around and ask whatever you need to know. They will have you up and running in no time.

2 Likes