Be polite and introduce yourself! (2018)

Welcome and glad you joined.
I think I understood all that you said, good job. Sorry to hear about your countries complete ban on vaping.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Santovapor :wave:
There is plenty of knowledge here at ELR and the kind folks are more than willing to help with any question you may ask.

5 Likes

Hi my real name is Alexander im 21. Been vaping for 5 months,out of those 3 months free of any ciggaretes. Im into rdaā€™s and rtaā€™s mostly dtl. Came here to learn :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Welcome Alexander.
Great to have you here and I bet you came to the right place. Friendly happy bunch of vapers here with years of knowledge to share :slight_smile:

If you scroll up a few posts, youā€™ll find a link thatā€™ll get you up to speed with the basics of this forum and in #e-liquids:beginners youā€™ll find everything you need to know to get started with mixing.

Have any questions, fire away. People from all time zones are here so youā€™ll never have to wait long for an answer :slight_smile:

Happy mxing!

4 Likes

Welcome @Beardedkojo :raised_hand:

5 Likes

Welcome Alexander @Beardedkojo :wave:
You have come to the right place to learn. I still class myself as new but i have learnt heaps from the good folk here.

5 Likes

Hello Alexander. I am also a novice. There is a lot of knowledge here. Browse the forum, read the topics, and ask if you can not find what you are looking for, the people here are very nice. Greetings from Barcelona and forgive my bad English.

6 Likes

Thanks for a kind welcome brother !

5 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Beardedkojo

6 Likes

5 Likes

New to the group & new to mixing. Been vaping over 4 years. Not very adventurous, just puffing same old juice. Hadnā€™t tried many flavors & just stayed with one or two basic blends. My local shop has had supply issues & constantly increasing prices. After getting jerked around one to many times. I looking into mixing. Iā€™m shocked at how cheap I can make my own juice. I could dump buckets of failed mixes & still be cheaper. Now Iā€™m totally stoked about tasting & attempting new flavs. Having fun & chatting with new peeps. Iā€™m a.total NooB, so I will ask questions. Even dumb ones. So please forgive me in advance. I got thick skin so I can take & enjoy a good ribbing now & again.

16 Likes

Welcome to ELR and the big rabbit hole.
In Beginners youā€™ll find a lot of useful guides and beginners questions already answered. The search function will dig up a lot of useful info but if thereā€™s something you canā€™t find, ask away.

Have fun mixing :slight_smile:

@woftam merge with?

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR. Happy to have you here. Have fun. Read a lot youā€™ll be mixing in no time.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard.

5 Likes

Welcome @GSAutoTech. Youā€™re GOING to be busy, once you get that juice mixing hoard shipped !!!

2 Likes

4 Likes

So I started gathering my stash about a week ago when I decided to mix. After a small order of flavors, about 30, I realized I needed to expand my palette. I had not tasted many of the fabulous new mixes available. Top that off with, Iā€™m a simple dude with no experience taste testing anything. I.e. youā€™d never find me at a wine tasting, swishing, swirling, gurgling or sniffing Port or Chablis then giving some fantastic report on the 50 individual ā€œnotesā€ā€¦ lol
So I have a lot to learn.
Thanks for having me.

7 Likes

Tell us what you have been vaping (for years) and we may be able to give you a couple recipes we recommend that would be in the same ballpark.

There are a few new starters posts, I think pinned somewhere, advising about what to start with. The how to start is great if you have most popular tastes. If like me you donā€™t like CAP custard, you might find it a bit off.
Also, they are long and pretty much every new starter is in a hurry.

As a summary, you probably donā€™t want to buy what you think you want to buy, get plenty bottles for testing, get cheap scales, screw pipettes and syringes*, get twist top caps for your VG/premixed base bottles.
With hindsight, donā€™t be like me and get fewer flavours :slight_smile:

*contentious :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Welcome @GSAutoTech :raised_hand:

3 Likes

Hi everyone. Iā€™m George, I started vaping at the end of August to try and quit cigarettes, and I took to it right away (I havenā€™t had a cigarette since my 3rd day of vaping!) As I was reading up on vaping, I found out you can make your own eliquid and so I started researching, reading and learning. I finally made my first DIY purchase around 5 weeks ago (and have more flavors set to arrive today) and have still mostly been working on single flavor testers with a couple of simple mixes just to try. One of the things I read on mixing had a link back to ELRā€™s calculator (which is how I found this great site). I actually didnā€™t realize these forums were even here until just over a week ago, and once I found them I spend so much time reading all the useful information here, that I hadnā€™t gotten around to introducing myself. Since this topic popped up for me this morning, I figured now would be as good a time as any to introduce myself. So here I am. New and learning and happy to be vaping rather than smoking, and so glad I found this site. :slight_smile:
-George

14 Likes