Best Rebuildable for DIY Mixers trying 5+ flavours a day?

I’ve got the original laying around. Used it a bit when it was new but I’ve maybe vaped about 60ml on it. The build deck is too small for my preferred coils and it’s a missed opportunity because there’s plenty space for a bigger build deck.
I’ll keep it for when the world comes to an end but I think there are much better RDAs out there that are much more flexible when it comes to choice of coils.
YMMV of course.

2 Likes

I have seen pictures of the 2’s build deck. It looked like a difficult build because of the high wall of the base. The coils seem to sit below the rim of the well wall. My fat fingers would lead to frustration to thread the cotton. To each their own I guess.

2 Likes

I haven’t used the original no. Am just looking for something reliable for what I need it for, not too worried about the brand or price as long as it is reliable. I just dont want to order from overseas at the moment because of the COVID-19 situation so am stuck with what I can get domestically (NZ). Anything else on that website with the Dead Rabbit V2 is an option as well, I just dont have the knowledge or experience really to choose myself.

These ones are super discounted for whatever reason so I could pick up a couple it they were any good. The link to the whole list of available RDAs from this site is below, if anyone would take the time to have a look through for me and suggest the better options I would much appreciate it.

2 Likes

Geekvape is a quality brand and very reliable. I’ve got a tsunami RDA from them since december 2016 which I still use very often. For years it has been my daily driver and I haven’t even had to swap a grub screw or o-ring on it. On the other hand I also have a Griffin 25 RTA that I never liked although it had extremely good reviews. Now I also have a Zeus X RTA which had mixed reviews but I’m happy with it too. So I wouldn’t put all my money on 1 horse and buy a bunch of RDAs if you don’t know if you’re going to like it or not (no matter if it’s a good deal or not).

Keep a couple things in mind though, generally speaking, RDAs created for squonking have very small juice wells. So they’re not very convenient for people who drip. And if you use a squonk mod, you’re going to need a lot of squonk bottles too. Just like all plastics, they pick up flavors that are hard to wash out. RTAs are a lot easier because you’re dealing with metal and glass and o-rings are cheap and easy to replace. Make sure you see a review or 2 before you spend your money though. It’s time well spent.

There will always be pro squonk vs pro RTA discussions. The best way to find out what’s right for you is to try it out yourself. I’ve seen you mention in other threads that sometimes you only need a few puffs of a flavor, sometimes you vape a couple tanks… maybe you could do with both an RDA and an RTA to satisfy both needs.

3 Likes

Thank you for this response. Will spend a good few hours tomorrow reading into reviews and how things work regarding what I can get domestically then try make some decisions. My main thing I’m after at the moment is something where I can try one flavour after another or the same flavour multiple different ratios on fresh wicks then would probably also get something for when I’m out and about on the days I’m sick of my pod flavours or if my pod dies. Cheers again for the response and I will report back with what I find tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll eventually fine some sub ohm juices that will make me want to carry a subohm every day instead of just pod devices, usually I just carry my Caliburn Koko & my Alt (like JuuL) with a couple flavours in my bag if I’m out but some days do take the old Alien out for a spin but that’s usually for home.

3 Likes