Brand Abbreviation List (in progress)

Saw “Matrix” in the rounds this evening…and by the misc number BS being added (read as: multiple varieties of the SAME FLAVOR, because they are adding the damned BATCH NUMBER to the flavor name EACH TIME it changes…) I had a pretty good guess as to the origin (no offense to our Malaysian members, but someone started this trend a while back, and the others just seem to have followed.
I’ve seen it before with G, GA, VS, VIS, etc, all of which are attributed to a Malaysian point of origin).

Researching it shows that it’s a Malaysian flavour & fragrance company, who’ve evidently been around since 1976! =)

They have a list of flavors at the following link:
http://matrixflavours.com/matrixflavours/our-flavours/

BUT, please note that they do NOT list vaping as an intended use, so please be careful with these folks!!

Food applications

Bakery
Ice cream
Beverages
Confectionery
Oils and Fats
Dairy
Noodles and seasonings
Savoury snacks and sauces
Seafood, meat and surimi
Vegetarian soy products

Non-food application

Pharmaceutical
Animal-feed
Latex
Tobacco and Shisha

Our Global Offices

If you are keen to work with us please contact us
Malaysia: +603 5633 9305
India: +91 484 259 7700
Europe: +32 3 2041983

4 Likes

Chemnovatic? I been using CNV in my recipe software but thats my own abbreviation, theres also a new company called Super Aromas that might need an abbreviation.

3 Likes

BCF is labeling super aromas SSA.

3 Likes

(Chemnovatic) and I believe @Letitia is correct (SSA)

2 Likes

The problem with SSA is that previously, the community itself has used that abbreviation for Sasami (unless I’m mistaken).

Perhaps @woftam, @TamVapes, @lukeloop or others could confirm (or correct me) on this though…

3 Likes

Yes I know SSA As Sasami There is no CNV so why would you use (Chemnovatic) seems a bit longwinded. Shorten Sasami but use that whole long crazy name Chemnovatic? I dont follow the logic.

3 Likes

Thank you.

If you read the first post…

I didn’t create these abbreviations.

In fact, I’ve become more in favor of spelling things out BECAUSE of the overlap in abbreviations. (The extent of which only became known once I started putting this list together a couple of years ago.)

4 Likes

i have always used ssm for sasami

3 Likes

Thank you.

3 Likes

Company here in Australia sells concentrates under the brand I-Mix.
Figure they are possibly rebottled/rebranded but I don’t know the OG brand and they didn’t respond to questions about it.

Anyone know what they are or can they be added?

https://www.vapeking.com.au/flavour-concentrates/

3 Likes

From memory i-mix are Hangsen rebottles

5 Likes

I thought I saw that somewhere but could never find it again. I thought it was interesting that they recommend using them at 10 - 15%, sounds quite high compared to the Hangsen medium single flavour percentages in the database. Which should I follow you think?

4 Likes

Not having used them I don’t know it is possible they are diluted Hangsen the only way to really test is to do single flavour testing (you could short cut a little by using the Hangsen recommendations in the database and see if they work).

5 Likes

Added (CC) = Cloud Corporation

Renamed (CC) entries to (Cloud Corporation)

Merged other listings (Cloud Corp) and errant entries as well…

Special thank you to Flitz & Co Elixirs for having a link to the vendor selling the CC version of Sweet Strawberry.

7 Likes

Here’s one more Rob: Chefs Super Concentrates :sunglasses:

4 Likes

What do you want to bet they’re just the usual Chinese SC? lol

4 Likes

I wouldn’t dare, lol. Is this confirmed already? I had a debate with a friend a while ago and ofc we couldn’t figure it out. I was inclining more that it has to be a French company (less likely other European and least likely Chinese); some hints that pointed me in that direction:

• couple of flavorings that are popular particularly in French environments (Madeleine, Macaroon, Creme Anglaise, and Absinthe ofc),
  • complete lack of tropical fruits (just 3 tropicals vs 20 ordinary European fruits)
  • fruit flavors are not outstanding, while bakeries and creams seems are on a much higher level (the opposite to Asian/Chinese manufacturers)
  • couple of weird, but telling occurrences (they have Puffed Cereal Rice, but not plain Rice - not very Chinese; they have Grape or Black Currant for example, which are very difficult to make properly, but not even a Pineapple, which is much easier to make - not something that you would expect from a Chinese company)
  • They have many nuts, but zero tropical nuts (and they don’t even have Coconut - hmmm, Chinese company?)
  • and then the final guess - which you’d rather be depended on, a Chinese or a French company (in terms of convenience, easy transport, 100% guaranteed following all the safety regulation that EU/UK come up with tomorrow, and not to be missed, knowing all the gimmicks and obstacles the politics can bring out tomorrow in this so unpredictable environment lately…). French (or other European) manufacturer would be a reasonable choice here (especially since at the end, the price is nearly the same). But ofc, all these blind speculations could be completely wrong and it could quite easily be indeed a Chinese company at the end, like my friend said.
6 Likes

No no!!
I was just joking (but based loosely on many of the other things I’ve seen done over the years in ‘flavor relabeling’).

Some really good observations in there BTW!

6 Likes

Ah, ok then. We’ll find it out eventually :slight_smile: Whatever it is, it doesn’t matter at the end; more importantly, there seems to be some real jewels and must-haves here again (plus at a great price). :sunglasses:

5 Likes