Butterscotch only Vape?

Acetoin :slight_smile: Acetone is an entirely different beast :smiley:

5 Likes

Geez…I read acetone and fell off my bed. Scare a guy why don’t ya.

3 Likes

Might want to be careful talking about “butterscotch”.
Re: http://dessertreport.com/article/butter-rum-life-savers

Bought the TPA version of Butterscotch and was disappointed. Could not taste the flavor as a candy I remembered in my younger days.
The above article kind of clears up my thinking on this. My take is, butter rum may be closer to the candy taste I’m looking for (Lifesavers “Butter Rum”).

Same question as Miscman.

4 Likes

You might experiment with FW butterscotch and Inawera rum (not Jamaican rum, just plain rum); research Cap butter or butter cream, as this may be the buttery quality for which you are looking. My thoughts are to use a combo of flavors rather than using a premade “butter rum” flavoring; you can tweak as desired, if a flavor needs more or less attention.:wink:

I agree that TFA butterscotch is poopy. :poop:

3 Likes

Well here I come getting in on this:
I too seek the butterscotch holy grail… I put a coupla mixes together on 9.17.15, they are still steeping and i am hoping one of them brings it home to the promised land, cause I absolutely LOVE butterscotch… It’s definitely an underrated flavor that needs more exposure…
So I tell ya’ll what…if anyone one out there figured it out, please post it, tag me, make it available and I shall do the same…deal?

7 Likes

I’ve been working with Lorann Super Butterscotch for 5 months. I bought LA on a recommendation. I’ve used it in 8 or 10 mixes to no avail. I to would love to find that Holy Grail. I do think that JimK has it right. I’m looking forward to seeing this thread progress.

4 Likes

I want in on this action too :smile: I have tried FW, FLV butterscotch added some different creams can’t say they were butter creams I have a few of those, But LA makes a damn fine and strong I may add Butter rum. Hmmm, I may do a run with it at lower percentages. I’d be interested in seeing y’all’s thoughts on your mixes when steeped.

4 Likes

I’ve done some research in other forums as of late and found where folks do say the LA butter rum is really spot on. I’ve never tried any LA flavors myself…the butter rum may be the first one I try! I do want to try the Cap butter and butter cream as well; could come in handy to soothe some of the stout tobacco flavors I have in my stash.:wink:

3 Likes

It does have a strong strong rum taste to it, I tend to mix with it on the lighter side, It has warnings against it as well being it has Butter in the name in all. Try it out , I like it.

3 Likes

Ah I never thought of Butter Rum Flavor! I just ordered Lorann’s and Flavor West’s versions. This could be the answer. I’m not too keen on trying to replicate Butter Rum by mixing a Butterscotch, Rum and butter. The process of making butter rum is by cooking them together to make a new flavor. Mearly mixing these together is not a good option. If these butter rum flavors are good I’d be thrilled. No muss, no fuss.

The only all butterscotch vape I’ve ever had was Dreamer by 28 Days vapor. It’s my favorite vape by far. I can tell they are not using TFA or FA butterscotch. Might be Flavor West. Anyone else know of a tasty commercial all butterscotch vape? (No custard please, my brain can’t process it, tastes like chemicals thanks to quitting smoking).

2 Likes

If you can let us know how the two flavors work out, I’d be interested to know. Close to Lifesaver’s “Butter Rum” flavor would be good to know. With this info, other alternative mixing possibilities may get folks closer to their perceived Butter Rum/Butterscotch taste goal.

4 Likes

Yes, a typo on my part.

1 Like

I will! I wonder what would be good to add if they don’t have the awesomeness I’m hoping for. I’ve been vaping Mt. Baker Butterscotch mixed at 25%. Their flavors are watered down with a lot of PG. I’ve experimented with adding FA Vienna cream and EM. They help along but not enough to make is great. It is better than straight TFA, FA and FW butterscotch but still doesn’t have the lifesavers taste we seem to be looking for.

P.S. I’ve tried 15+ Mt Baker flavors. They are pretty bad. Quite a few of them have a lacquer smell and taste. I do like the Butterscotch, Banana’s foster, Butter Peacn and coffee cake. The fruits ones are really bad. Lacquer!

2 Likes

You just hurt your mix right there. EM or Cotton Candy mutes other flavors. Always use marshmallow. Unless of course you vape all mixes using it within a week or so…

2 Likes

Amy I’ve seen the LA butter rum at wallie world and it looks like a dark color, is the LA butter rum your using dark or clear?

1 Like

It is kinda the color of butter lol. Darker yes but an off yellow more golden. Flavors do change colors over time.

1 Like

Ok I’ll pick some up next time I’m there. They also had pina coloda, raspberry,grape and cherry.

1 Like

If they have Food Coloring you would think it would be listed in the ingredients. That’s the main worry…

LA raspberry grape and cherry have too many food coloring. One stop DIY shop has some that are the colorless version. Although rasp isn’t that good. Grape will turn your mix black one drop and piña colada I have gotten I believe elsewhere in LA naturals.

1 Like

Good to know
Thank you.
It does list food coloring so I’ll stay away from them.

2 Likes