Can someone explain flavor bases to me please?

That’s a GREAT process… as long as you Limit yourself to a certain percentage of flavoring.
I’ll bet there are thousands of people that just mix a few recipes, and only for themselves that can really benefit from that process.

I mix so many different percentages of flavoring… anywhere from 3% - 25% , that just wouldn’t work for me, unfortunately. Too much variation. But, making flavor bases for ‘stones’, and for recipes I use very often, does save a lot of time.

2 Likes

When I started DIY I talked to a friend that had a Juice company, and he told me that everything he mixed was even a higher percentage than I use. I had sampled all but one of his juices and all of then were fantastic. So I used his percentage as a guideline and miix almost everything at 25%. I use it as a starting point and adjust up or down from there depending on the first batch I make. I’ve tried a few recipes that friends have given me or I get off the ELR site and the ones that are really light on the flavors I end up adjusting them up a little at a time.

3 Likes

Different strokes I guess. Too much flavoring just makes a mix taste rancid to me. Harsh. But, I use a LOT of super-concentrated flavorings too. That may be another factor.

Taste IS subjective!

3 Likes

Taste is very subjective, and I think we all from time to time get at least a small case of vape tongue, nothing taste like it should and everything is kinda muted. When I get that way I vape my least favorite flavors.

2 Likes

148 recipes on the ELR site, where on earth do you store the thousand of bottles you must have.:package: X :100:

3 Likes

Not thousands… .close to 400 different flavors As for storage… my sweet Dad made a cabinet for me:

10 Likes

Also a point about the use of a base in a recipe is how @Alisa stated her use of one of her base/stones:

Stone - CreamStone
30.00% Bavarian Cream (TPA)
20.00% Cream Fresh (FA)
20.00% Dairy Milk (TPA)
20.00% Vienna Cream (FA)
10.00% Italian Cream (Hangsen)

For a prominent cream base, use it at 5% in my mixes.
For just a background of creaminess, I’ll use 2.5%
For just a hint of creaminiess, I’ll start at 1%

As you can see the base or Stone is just the ingredients mixed together. Basically your own ingredient that you would later use when your mixing other ingredients or if you just wish to use a little bit to compliment an existing recipe. Like when she later makes this:

DaMomma’s Peaches and Pecans : http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/376595/DaMomma%27s+Peaches+and+Pecans

4% Butter Pecan (FW)
1.5% CreamStone v1
2% Juicy Peach (TPA)
1% Marshmallow (TPA)
2% Peach (Flavorah)
2% Pie Crust (FW)

Flavor total: 12.5%
Remember to rate it at: http://tjek.nu/r/30CT

5 Likes

I’ll take one of the cabinets, I’d like the drawers to be a third 30 ml a third 60 ml (nic river bottles) and a third 120 ml bottles

1 Like

hahha… I’ll let Dad know.

2 Likes

This what I got last year thought it would be perfect for all my juices. I put dividers in it to fit 30 ml and 60 ml glass bottles all was good then I started DIY Got a whole new set of bottles and sizes only a few fit the cabinet so I can only get a few into it. Besides wifey wants it for her delicates things

4 Likes