Can't taste the strawberry

Hi,
I have a friend that would like me to make him some fruity liquid as he is not a big fan of dessert flavours. I already make Unicorn Milk, 'nana Cream and Mega Melons (this he likes a lot).

I am trying to make a nice strawberry liquid and have been playing with:
Strawberry (TPA) Sweet Strawberry (Cap) Dragonfruit (TPA)

I like the idea of dragonfruit adding tanginess to the mix but after 3 tries with different percentages I can’t still pin it down. The latest is:

1% Dragonfruit (TPA)
3% Strawberry - The Flavor/Perfumer’s Apprentice
7% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
Flavor total: 11%

I had to tone down the dragon fruit as it was overpowering the mix but I still can’t taste the strawberry in this. it smells like strawberry, just doesn’t taste like strawberry. I tried 15% flavor total and could taste anything in it.

Here’s my full stash:
Flavors in stash: 15
Banana Cream (TPA)
Butter Cream (Cap)
Cantaloupe (TPA)
Dragonfruit (TPA)
Graham Cracker v2 (Cap)
Mango (TPA)
New York Cheesecake (Cap)
Papaya (TPA)
Strawberry - The Flavor/Perfumer’s Apprentice
Sweet Cream (Cap)
Sweet Strawberry (Cap)
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (Cap)
Vanilla Custard v1 (Cap)

Any suggestions welcome.

1 Like

I usually use 4%strawberry tpa and 4% strawberry(ripe) tpa. This works for me.

1 Like

whenever i want awesome in your face strawberry i use 2% tfa strawberry 2% Cap sweet strawberry and 2% Tfa strawberry ripe.

1 Like

Also steeping usually lets the strawberry come out :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

@Bob_Ross I just don’t have all of those on hand right now. might have to wait until my next order.

@daath I was hoping this could be a shake and vape. someone also suggested adding banana…

Hi ! I love SB and DF big fan of both of them and them together…turns out you really do need some ripe SB (strawberry) TFA like now. The ripeness of that particular SB will be abundant enough in the mix to give you the smell and taste of strawberries that you are after. Being you only have Strawberry reg and SSB Cap’s you’ll have to do some higher % of them in order to raise above the DF and get the lead note to be SB. Here’s just a sketch of what you can start messing around with…

8% Strawberry TFA ( it really isn’t that strong of a flavor )
3% SSB cap’s
1% DF TFA
2% Sweet cream Cap’s ( this will help soften the DF a bit )

then if you want a tropical feel to it you can add in some background flavors in Small %s like
0.3% papaya TFA ( that is strong stuff )
0.3% Mango TFA
I don’t like cantaloupe TFA so I wouldn’t know where to begin there.

You’ll need to heat it so get a tubberware of pretty warm to hot tap water and let it sit in that for a good 15 minutes then take it out shake it up and re run the hot water and let it soak again for another 15 mins. then shake it again leave it open to air ( OTA ) for another 2 hours letting the strawberry get air to it helps reduce in alcohol that may be in any of those flavors but with the heat that should take care of it. SB is a flavor that I always let breathe for a bit and then shake n vape. Good luck ! Looking forward to seeing what ya come up with !!!

4 Likes

@Amy2 This is a solid advice. thanks! I knew someone with more experience with SB will soon come along.

I was thinking about adding something else to make it sweeter but just didn’t want to risk making it to creamy as I would like it to be a truly fruity juice.

I like the idea of it being a bit more tropical and adding Papaya and Mango but this might have to be another project. I actually added 5% Strawberry TFA to Mega Melons Clone by mistake when mixing 3 liquids at the same time and it turned out not too bad.

Once I have all 3 SBs to make a more rounded flavour, what the ratios do you think should be?

I’ll mix a 5ml batch from your suggested recipe now and let you know how it turned out.

Cheers!

1 Like

your welcome, I have no clue what your preferences are in Pg % vs VG% I am a Max Vg girl so that’s what I strive for and typically keep my %s under 15% and if they’re weaker under 10% then I may add a touch of pg but you won’t be seeing me w/ any 30/70 mixes lol

When you do get ripe SB in try something like this
4% SB Ripe TFA
3% SSB Caps
1% DF TFA
2% Sweet cream Cap’s
and if you feel you still need the SB reg TFA
4% SB TFA

14% total

• SSB Cap’s can go up into 5-6% w/o tasting chemically but try to keep Ripe SB the lead note to overthrow the DF since SSB isn’t the strongest of flavor.

If you want a higher % juice
5% SB Ripe
4% SSB Cap’s
2% Sweet cream cap’s
1%DF TFA ( you may feel you can up this now that your SB %s have gone up so DF can easily go up more 3-6% )
? again SB TFA is a wildcard if you need it.

Try to keep %s at or under 20% this helps keep the suggested %s in check ( if you forget what the starting %s are remember to just click on the flavor on your saved recipe for a reminder you’ll have them memorized b4 u know it )

Good Luck ! Again this is a WIP ( work in progress ) not tested but I too will test w/ ya

here’s my test runs

Sweetdragon

Ingredient %
Dragonfruit (TPA) 1
Strawberry (TPA) 8
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 14%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Fire thrower

Ingredient %
Cantaloupe (Flavorah) 0.3
Dragon Fruit (CAP) 1
Dragonfruit (TPA) 1
Mango (TPA) 0.3
Marshmallow (FA) 1
Papaya (TPA) 0.3
Red Summer (Watermelon) (FA) 2
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 4
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 12.9%

Update: I have made another batch of fire thrower I liked it so much I made a 30 ml very fruity could use a drop of sweetener if you do make it

3 Likes

WOW! Don’t know how to thank you… This is great!

Thank you!

1 Like

So I am an idiot and used up all SSB on my last Unicorn Milk batch. Damn…

Also wanted to mention that I usually mix at 30/70 or Max VG.

1 Like

Well at least you’ll have a direction when you get all your supplies ! In the meantime do some test runs on the other guys n start practicing w/ the tropicals !!!

That way when you do get your SBs in you just drop them in the batch at the desired ratio you have in the recipe meanwhile all the tropicals have been marinating and steeping just waiting on the SB to be added !!!

Like this is a WIP and I will do this one tonight it’s just a lil 7 ml test batch but you get where I’m going w/ this …

Happy-groove

Ingredient %
Coconut Milk (LB) 2.26
Dragonfruit (TPA) 4
Mango (INAWERA) 0.5
Melon Cantaloupe (FA) 0.4
Papaya (TPA) 0.4
Pineapple (FA) 1.5
Pineapple Sherbert (LB) 4.5

Flavor total: 13.56%

Start these bc most of these need more time to steep anyhow, SB is simple one of the easiest to work with and well probably my favorite !

Fire thrower

Ingredient %
Cantaloupe (Flavorah) 0.3
Dragon Fruit (CAP) 1
Dragonfruit (TPA) 1
Mango (TPA) 0.3
Marshmallow (FA) 1
Papaya (TPA) 0.3
Red Summer (Watermelon) (FA) 2
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 4
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 12.9%

UPDATE :
( I tested Fire thrower just now and it’s more melon like than DF, in fact dragon fruit more than always gets buried by melons/ watermelons so I should of increased the DF but didn’t realize it at the time. I will increase it I have it a 2 % but I still want to see how it steeps b4 I do make that change bc it’s very good not even 24 hours later !!! )

1 Like

Oh that sweet dragon this morning smells so good. I put in my crock pot ( got a mini one ) and let it heat a few times and I left it OTA all night. I have a little covered shelf I can put my juices on so nothing gets into them. Anyhow this morning I am going to let it heat one more time in the crock pot and then shake it and let it cool off and try it. It May be just an overnight steeper we’ll see !

UPDATE !!!

Sweetdragon is good to go ! Just tried it and I love it if you love DF not enough SB coming thru.

Sweetdragon

Ingredient %
Dragonfruit (TPA) 1
Strawberry (TPA) 8
Sweet Cream (CAP) 2
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 3

Flavor total: 14%

1 Like

I didn’t get to order any Sweet SB (CAP) yet but I think I will just do SB (TPA) at 10% and make this. Seems to tasty to miss out.

1 Like

@Amy2

Hey Amy,

Just wanted to give yo a little update after I made 5ml of the Sweetdragon V0.5 My note:

Notes
No SSB in this but should be added at 2-3% when I re-stock.

1. 4x Hot bath+6h OTA+12h steep

_Cream @2% overpowering the whole mix. Can taste sweetness but can’t distinguish any of the fruits. _

2. 36h steep

Cream, Cream, Cream, Cream, Cram and more Cream!!! No Fruit :frowning:

Did you have the same experience?

1 Like

Oh Boy no I didn’t in fact just the opposite very fruity. It can’t be the SSB making it this fruity ??? And you only used 2% sweet cream Cap’s ? ( WOW I wish I had your taste buds bc sweet cream cap’s is the weaker of the creams out there )

Keep shaking it and when your SSB comes in add it and I guess you’ll have your answer very odd Sorry I hope it turns out better for ya,

It’s not your fault @Amy2, so nothing to be sorry about. Every ones palette is different and maybe mine doesn’t like fruit (or just the damn SB that I love so much). I will try this recipe without the sweat cream but with 0.3% os the 3 melons i have.

I do appreciate your help, @Amy2.

1 Like

That’s right I totally forgot that you even named the thread I can’t taste the SB lol. Dang it well take out the cream and maybe your melon will do well for ya in the mix. My top 2 things I like to mix w/ DF would be SB and some sort of melon whether it be watermelon honeydew or cantaloupe mmhh. Good luck and your welcome hang in there. And I take back wanting your taste buds if you can’t taste SB I’d be way too sad. ( :cry:) i​:heart:️:strawberry::strawberry::strawberry:
But you Can taste Cap’s sweet cream SMH well that’s a first but your right we’re all different.
Keep ya head up :+1:

I will have a play around with some new stuff I have ordered. Hopefully will be here tomorrow with my new scale.

Sweet Cream Capella Flavor Drops Concentrates
Vanilla custard V1 Capella Flavor Drops Concentrates
Bavarian Cream Flavor Apprentice
Whipped Cream Flavor Apprentice
Honeydew Melon Capella Flavor Drops Concentrates
Blueberry Flavor (Extra) Flavor Apprentice
Sweet Cream Flavor Apprentice
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Flavor Apprentice
Strawberry Flavor Apprentice
Strawberry (Ripe) Flavor Apprentice
Sweet Strawberry Capella Flavor Drops Concentrates

Guess what ! I re tested sweet dragon tonight…can’t taste the strawberry Nuthin’ but cream shut the front door. sucks too bc when it’s first made it was so awesome but once it steeped ew cream fest. Taste like a crayon is more like it.

so I put it as private so I can work on it. The dragon fruit will have to come up a tiny bit and the TFA SB ( I don’t use often bc it’s weak ) I’d drop it and chose a tastier SB like Strawberry shisha INW to go w/ the ripe and for goodness sake take the sweet cream down to 0.5% if at all. That’s my plan for now.