Cattitudes!🐈

Looks like the Dos Equis dude about to impart some wisdom on us :grin:

7 Likes

Looks like a boss!

5 Likes

This is Casper
She ( :face_with_raised_eyebrow: yes, she) thinks she is the boss and is also a bully but also a big baby too :laughing: I think she has multiple personality disorder :crazy_face:

6 Likes

This is my dumb baby. She loves getting pet more than anything but she’s too stupid to know how to get up on people’s laps. If I have my legs out on the ottoman she’ll come sit on my shins. Or she’ll sit next to me and very slowly “sneak” both her front paws up on me like she’s getting away with something.

14 Likes

You’re sitting in my chair again!

15 Likes

Weird thing is that someone probably came up with a catnip flavor :joy_cat:

6 Likes

Welcome to ELR @Newfoundvapor Great pic!

7 Likes

I thought it might be time to share my loss with all of you. Nikko passed peacefully at home on October 10, 2023. It’s been a difficult year but with palliative care he managed to live 9-10 months beyond what we thought. We had the opportunity to spend quality time with him. It was during that time that I really got to know him in ways I hadn’t before. These remain as my golden memories.

October 10 was a cloudy day. As the doctor slowly pushed the second injection with her stethoscope to his chest, the sun broke out and cast upon his small body from the window above. The doctor looked up towards the window and said that the sun came out the moment his heart stopped. She had never had that happen before.

After she left with Nikko’s remains we sat outside on the patio, his favorite spot to hang. I looked up at the sky in my desperate longing and saw this.

13 Likes

Beautiful. Glad you got to share a full life with him.

7 Likes

Wow @muth

7 Likes

People talk about the Rainbow Bridge that animals cross when they die. I never really knew what that meant or the truth of it. But Nikko had a way of showing me the things that my human eyes couldn’t see. That photo above is one of them.

How are you doing, SD? Thanks for letting me share my story and replying.

7 Likes

Thank you @Lostmarbles It really was a lesson in spending time with the things in life that really count. He always preferred if we spent time outside with him. I could hear him thinking, “Now you’re out here, after I’m gone?” :rofl: Point well taken. His message was to get out of the house and connect with the natural world. I’ve been doing that every morning, even if for 15 minutes. There’s something to be said for that for it’s helping me to connect with myself.

9 Likes

Still having a hard time with it, but, it’s not getting any worse, AND, it gets JUST a little bit easier, as time wears on. Thank you.

8 Likes

I know exactly what you mean. Just when things start feeling better, you do something like get rid of an opened can of food from the fridge that’s been spoiling for weeks and you lose it! I still have a freshly cleaned litter box waiting for him that I can’t bring myself to remove :cry:

9 Likes

And to @SessionDrummer …Grief comes and goes. Moving through it is not a straight line. I don’t think it ever goes away completely but the effects get less intense and less frequent.

Not sure if I’ve quoted this before or not…“I can live with my scars but not through my wounds.”

8 Likes

Thank you @Cary1 .

6 Likes

My cat is keeping me nice and warm this morning, making it very hard for me to get out of bed! Massachusetts went from summer to winter within days :cold_face:

10 Likes

I’ll take the recycling tomorrow I guess!

12 Likes

My cat would sniff a box and walk away. That’s when I knew she was a mutant. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

Buy a cat a $400.00 cat condo, and set it up, the cat will play all day in the BOX it came in !!!

10 Likes