Chefs Flavours Mystery Box

I noticed Last week that Chef Flavours had mystery boxes back on sale for £20 and I couldn’t resist the temptation, mine was delivered today and contained the following:
Suorin Vagon Pod Kit
100ml Lauren’s Tart & Sour
100ml Lauren’s Butter Rum
30ml TFA Blueberry Candy
30ml WF Sweet & Sour Purple Drink
30ml Cap Apple Snacks
30ml FC Tyrone
30ml FC Down
10ml Broke Vaper Icy Cool
10ml TFA Lucky Leprechaun Cereal
10ml TFA Cream Soda
10ml TFA Maple Delux
10ml VTA Citrus Mate
10ml CAP Root Beer
10ml FC Obaa Obaa
Can’t Decide if I’m happy or disappointed, will never use the Suorin, not sure how many of the flavours I will actually use, what’s everyone thoughts on what I received.

9 Likes

I have 400+ flavors and only 3 from here; others i don’t mind and none is highly rated.
Butter Rum LA is well worth to buy (but surely not 100ml; lol). FC Tyrone is okeish, but rarely used in recipes and i wouldn’t buy it again. Apple Snacks CAP is quite popular and people like it a lot, but i get a nasty offnote out of it and can’t use it even at 0.5%.

What i see here are mediocre flavors and on top the majority of them are niche flavors; they are not highly useful in recipes. Personal opinion: Butter Rum would be the only flavor i would pick from here if i had a chance to select 250 flavors. 20 pounds doesn’t sound a lot, but it actually is – that’s 22 SSA or around 15 WF/VTA flavors of MY choice (and couple more when they have discounts which are frequent).

9 Likes

Thank you for the Feedback, After looking thru the flavours as a new mixer I’m now quiet disheartened and disappointed by the selection I got, I guess that’s the risk you take with a mystery box, more like a misery box, now it’s back to the drawing board to figure out what flavours I want / need
I’m actually now tempted to just go back to the ciggies

7 Likes

Just don’t be discouraged plus i’m sure you will find some of these useful
(i just wonder why they don’t make more balanced mystery box; like added some fruits and at least some custard/creams/ice creams instead of more than half very niche flavors; that might at least give you some more options for experimenting and to find at least some recipes; i wonder how many recipes would ELR show if you add these flavors in ‘what can i mix’; i wouldn’t be surprised if less than 3 recipes would be shown and none would be highly rated).

Quantity (size of the bottle) means nothing when buying flavors, quality is everything. With so many dirty cheap flavors that last looong time, it’s not worth to play mystery game imho.

6 Likes

They actually give you a choice between Fruits or Deserts or Random, I went for the random hoping that I would get a mixture of both the fruits and deserts but seems I got neither really,

I have added all the flavours I got to my stash and checked what I could mix and turns out to be not a single recipe

7 Likes

Ahh, then it makes sense. Let us know how it goes and if any hidden jewel there. Or ask anything; many have these flavors and they will be able to help you more. Happy mixing!

7 Likes

What flavor profiles are those?

Also, I think that’s a pretty decent layout. I wouldn’t be disappointed!

6 Likes

You should check that you’ve entered your flavors correctly using this guide;

Those Lauren’s are actually LA (Lorann), The FC’s are actually FA (Flavourart), the TFA are entered as TPA and CAP is Cap.

8 Likes

Thanks I shall check, the FC bottles say Flavour Creative and Lauren’s is spelt that way on the bottle

5 Likes

Flavour Creative = rebranded FA.
FA Torrone
FA Up

@snowie Lauren’s is rebranded Lorann or (LA); same same flavor, different name)
When you will enter your flavors, use these FA names (see directions of @big_vape).

8 Likes

Thanks, can you check my stash list please to see if I have them right please, is a few extra ones I have too

7 Likes

Most are entered perfectly, just a few aren’t. @Ken_O_Where might help (maybe delete wrong entries?).

Next time please don’t write your own names, but rather search and find the appropriate one from those that are shown to you automatically (if the flavor isn’t shown to you, then something is wrong with spelling or name; because all those flavors you have already exist in database)

Here are flavors you can add:

Tart and Sour (LA)
Oba Oba (FA)
Torrone (Nougat) (FA)
UP (Coffee) (FA)

Here is why it’s important to write correct names - your Obaa Obaa (FC) has exactly zero public recipes, while if you enter Oba Oba (FA) you have hundreds of recipes shown (and it is the same flavor). Same with Tart and Sour LA etc.

9 Likes

FA up is, IMHO, the best coffee flavour I could get. You could easily bend it to bakery or drink.

7 Likes

Thank you for the help, I shall try to remember all this, I’m not sure I did right my own names, found them all on the database but I think I get the general idea now, thanks again

6 Likes

Fixed what i could, merged the Oba Oba’s.

7 Likes

Butter Rum is the only Must have for me

8 Likes

I can’t quote on my phone but I’d gather those niche flavours have been sitting on their shelves and needed a home. Curious of the age of Rhode flavours

7 Likes

Ooohhh buddy.
This don’t look good. I actually bought a few on that list u can name…the "sweet n siur purple drink " alone is god awful.

3 Likes