Chefs Super Concentrates Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Yeah been watching for 2 weeks both are out. I want to recreate biscoff ice cream. You should try mixing those two together. If they nailed a biscoff it truly will be epic and a adv. hopefully one day i can try it out​:joy::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

I LOVED the Tobacco Gold, RY Castle + Tobacco Toasted Pop flavors, however they were not anywhere near NET-feeling or “heavy tobaccos”. Tobacco RY4, Traditional + Fire Cured were alright to my tastes. I am super new to tobaccos in DIY so I don’t have much valuable experience haha. Chef’s also added 2-3 new tobaccos in mid-late August that I didn’t get in time for the Noted review (Blend, Burley + maybe 1 more I can’t recall).

Tobacco American Mild was the only tobacco I tried that was actually very gross! My fiancé, a Chicagoan, said the room note smells just like Malort (which is nowhere near a good thing lol).

The full line is getting reviewed live on Mon 09/06 at 7pm PST on the DIY or Die YouTube. There will be 4 people (including me) who all tried the Chef’s line at all sorts of different %s so it should be pretty informative. Hope to see you guys there, say hi in the chat if you pop in :slight_smile: :
https://www.youtube.com/c/DIYorDIEvaping

8 Likes

@fidalgo_vapes hey I’m so sorry i wasn’t in the Noted chat (too nervous/ focused lol) but YES, I was the guest on Noted tonight! I go by hesh/ hesherette on other DIY places (ELR is my oldest DIY-related account). thank you for the compliments on the Notes, I really appreciate that + so glad you caught the episode :slight_smile: I see you in the Noted chats often!

10 Likes

Great show @errrkah and lots of useful info. Well done!

8 Likes

Lol…I heard Erica then Hesh and got confused lmao…I came in late ( last minute school shopping ) Great Notes and Ty . Great Job on show , I need to research most of it lol

9 Likes

@errrkah I watched the show last night and I was really impressed with how much time and effort you had put into testing those flavours, you really were an asset to the show and I hope to see you more often on there. Excellent job, well done.

9 Likes

Omg I love this!

4 Likes

Not a review but just a few words about what I have experienced so far with a couple of these flavours.
I tried the Vanilla Ice Cream at 1.5% but I kept noticing a bitter note especially at the tail end of the exhale, there was also a caramel like note and although the flavour was creamy it seemed a bit dry and muted to me. On the other hand I am now trying the CSC Coconut Macaroon at 1.5% and I’m really liking this one a lot, this one is far more flavourful and tastes almost like a whole recipe/one shot affair rather than a single flavour. It’s nicely balanced between a good coconut and a biscuity/bakery type flavour without any spices which is what it’s supposed to taste like, it is smooth and quite creamy too. I will be getting a larger bottle of this one for sure.
Edit. That bitter note that I had with the Vanilla Ice Cream single flavour test is easily covered up when mixed with other flavours and the end result is a very good vanilla ice cream with a nice full and creamy flavour.

9 Likes

Does anyone know what happened to the Peanut Butter CSC ?

I wanted to order it to mix @lukeloop’s
“The Snickering”…

6 Likes

I believe its discontinued… Hesherette just said goodbye to a couple Chefs flavors in chat on noted

7 Likes

Well that didn’t last long, I noticed a couple of the CSC flavours have disappeared from the website and good ones too. They haven’t been out five minutes and they are already discontinuing them, :man_facepalming:

7 Likes

If people make requests for it we might get it back, you cant rely on others doing it though we all have to do it

9 Likes

I totally agree with you @lukeloop, we did that with the Molinberry Classic Belgian Waffle and succeeded.

6 Likes

Exactly. I asked about Peach Apricot (missing in their offer; top3 flavor overall last year for me) and their (always fabulous) support said ‘their directors are considering bringing back’ (my speculation, ‘popular’ and well sold flavors will stay, others might be removed; probably because it makes sense for them price wise to only buy large quantities).

7 Likes

Soma flavors are back and some new CSC were added:

Due to customer requests we brought back CSC Oat, Peanut Butter, Peach Apricot, Vanilla Ice Cream and Milk Chocolate.
While we were on it, we thought we might as well give you some new flavours to get your mixing creativity flowing!

8 Likes

@Mikser well that is GREAT NEWS. I know I loved the PB, Oat (10/10), and the VIC (10/10) !!!

13 Likes

That’s great news as I was missing the Oats and Peanut Butter, I also like the sounds of the other two. Thank you.

7 Likes

Round II is IN the mail. I’ll re-assess and see if there’s room to fit them in on this thread, or possibly start a new Chefs SC Round II thread.

10 Likes

I’ll be very interested to read your thoughts, particularly on the strawberry jam.
I’ve not bought any of Chefs SCs yet but have definitely toyed with the idea.

5 Likes

Plus one with the Strawberry Jam as I’ve only very recently received it but haven’t had the chance to try it out yet, so much to do but so little time. There are a few more though that I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts about @SessionDrummer.

6 Likes