Clean those plastic bottles or buy new ones?

Oh wow. Good one.

There seems to be an anomolay. My theory is out the window. Like she said, experience is king.

My hunch is probably right for 90% of flavours though. But How do you know which ones.

Yeah keep flavours in like for like bottles is the way to go then.

1 Like

For sure. If ya do that youā€™re probably golden unless you have super-human tastebuds. :wink:

Iā€™m keeping this stuff. We need a manual, priceless.

1 Like

I re-use them if Iā€™m putting the same flavor profile in them. The unicorn bottles are my favorites and they cost about 50 cents a bottle (as cheap as I can find them and have paid up to $1.00 each for them).

2 Likes

I had that happen with a 60ml bottle of RocketPuppyā€™s RY4 only it was spearmint!! :angry: I didnā€™t smell it while I was mixing, but it was super obvious once I had let it steep that the RY4 was minty. I tried to make myself vape it but just couldnā€™t. It was gross. Now if I reuse a bottle I give it a very thorough sniff. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I use strictly plastic bottles and my basic rule of thum is if Iā€™m mixing the same flavor Iā€™ll use them three times before washing them out if Iā€™m using similar flavors I wash each time and always soak my bottles with a solution of baking soda and water after washing for an hour or more. Then rinse with very hot water dry well and as I smell the top of the bottle squeeze it firmly If I can smell anything that isnā€™t pleasant out it goes.

2 Likes

https://www.containerandpackaging.com/cart/view.asp
Here check these out, only thing is you have to order 180 of them to avoid the small order fee. but it worked out to be 39 cents a bottle including shipping

2 Likes

If you canā€™t afford to purchase plastic bottles, just collect used soda & water bottles. You can find them along the street and in your neighbors recycling bins.

It took 15 posts before LDPE vs PET was mentioned. Wow!

LDPE, IMO, should really only be re-used for the same recipe. Especially if the last mix was in it for more than a week or so or if there were citrus or other flavors that tend to leave residual flavors by nature. You know the onesā€¦they will leave your atty tasting like Blueberry or Lychee, or some other relentless flavor until you change your wicks or coil. LDPE is more porous and traps flavors more easily than PET. That said, if you make a lot of the same recipes then LDPE is a good choice and avoids that crinkled up look PET bottles get from being squeezed.

With PET bottles I usually just rinse them in warm water a few times and that does the trick. I also stopped using LDPE several months ago when I found discoloration that couldnā€™t be removed. If it will stain it will also trap flavor.

3 Likes

Itā€™s a little hard to put an tip that will fill a tank on a soda bottle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I think it would work on the BFDFT RTA. Then again you may need a 55gal drum with a hand pump on it to fill it.

1 Like

They should make little tiny drums for vape, that would be adorable.

2 Likes

Where do you get your PET bottles from?

Previously Iā€™ve gotten them wherever I could find a good price. Amazon and Ebay mostly. That is until recently when I bought these from Nicotine River. I got 30ml, 2oz and 8oz. The 2 and 8 oz came with the twist tops but the 30ml come with dripper tips and tamper-evident caps. All these are excellent quality but the 30ml ones are really nice. Superior quality and if you mix for personal use you could use them dozens of times.

1 Like

Thanks, yes its all personal use for me. I mix for me and my Fiance, and about to do a menthol mix for my dad to hopefully get him off the cancer sticks

1 Like

I use 100ml glass for steeping and transfer to 30ml plastic for consumption

More relevant to au rather than u.s but I get 140 100ml boston rounds for $99aud

you can get for $48 without the lids (not much use I say because you cant seal them)

I buy my 30ml from ebay too they are around $20 for 50 (these come from china)

I have a fair few here now so I wont need bottles for quite sometime.

I refill my plastic bottles with the same recipe only and wash the glass when I need to.

1 Like

I appreciate the info thanksā€¦ Yes Iā€™m in the US so I would have to find the equivalent seller lol

Please recycle ass much as you can. Only throw away your bottles when they are broken and leak. Plastic bottles can last years and be reused 1000ā€™s of times.
when you do buy bottles check out http://www.premiumvials.com/ be prepaired for minor shipping shock, but they have quality bottles.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve thought of at least 100 witty comebacksā€¦all of them inappropriate. Just suffice it to sayā€¦thatā€™s some funny stuff right there! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just a few personal thoughts on the problem:

Iā€™ve tried every method out there to wash plastic dropper bottles and nothing works that well on strong flavors. I also got so tired of the labor involved. I have the time to search the web for bottles and the very best I have found is dropperbottles.com. Their prices are very, very good, but you do have to pay shipping. Still, the price is very good, and the service and quality is as good as it gets.

Premium vials is okay for glass but you might be disappointed to find that you are short on caps and the shipping cost can make the price less competitive. Amazon has some good prices on glass also and if you have Prime that makes it even better.

1 Like