Cleaning HDPE Bottles?

Are you a Dawn salesman…? :joy: :wink:

3 Likes

This soap, youve mentioned is horrible, just to let you know. And as I know all these sites, like you linked, are paid for reviewing items which the Amazon sellers want to sell.

This soap, you`ve mentioned is horrible, just to let you know. And as I know all these sites, like you linked, are paid for reviewing items which the Amazon sellers want to sell.

P.S. Now it`s okay? Weird thing - my post was banned, but a real spam is still alive =/

The post was flagged because you reposted the link.

Heh, clear, TY

1 Like

I’ve watched Paddington trying lift that pail for 5 straight minutes.

1 Like

I wonder this myself and emailed 510 central as this is where I order my bottles on Amazon. Their response
Hi there:

This is an excellent question, I wish more people were curious about this.

The bottles are clean but they are not sterile. Large scale operations generally run them through a hydrogen peroxide bath if they are to be used with products for human consumption.

On a smaller scale you can always run them through some hot soapy water.

Hope this helps,
Katy
horizontal-logo220
510 Central Distributors LLC
PO Box 14562 . Tulsa, OK 74159-1562
510central.com . Voice/Text: 918.236.0911

1 Like

He sucks you in!

1 Like

It’s the pecks! :joy:

1 Like

It is hypnotic

2 Likes

There’s another 5 minutes … :joy:
He’s so cute!!!

Anyone use Chloride Cleaner (Domestos, german? brand) for HDPE Bottles? I didn´t, but it´s really good stuff i use often in my house. I will give it a try, when nobody did before. Maybe I will not write the result.

Solong
Weedhunter

I use chlorine, mild solution. Not household chlorine with scented bits and detergent. Just plain old sodium hypochlorite from the hardware store. Rinse and dry thoroughly, all the chlorine should be gone as well as the scent of old juices.

Sounds better than the cleaner. I only found some chlorine as a medicin. 0,3% 100ml € 20,-.
Chloride used for pools is much cheaper. 56% Chloride 1kg € 9.-.
10l Water, a Tablespoon of the Chloride, dirty Bottles in, let it work over night, -----> clean bottles, thats the theory

That’s pretty much what I do. Stronger for shorter soak, weaker for longer soak. As CarolinaVapen said, peroxide is probably better, as the by products are oxygen and hyrogen, rather than sodium and chloride.

EDIT - I would not use dry chlorine as it is contains calcium, may leave a calcium resiue on bottles, liquid is best.