Coffee flavoured eJuice

If the weird taste was stronger when you mixed it, but has faded some after 2 weeks, sounds like it needs to be steeped the full 3 weeks, maybe longer if you subbed an ingredient.

2 Likes

yeah couldnā€™t get CAP so used Caramel Flavour TFA :confused:

1 Like

Well then there you go, either the slightly different flavour profile of TFA vs CAP threw it off, or (more likely) you need to give another week or two and try it again.

2 Likes

will do different one yes without caramel :wink:

1 Like

One without caramel will taste different again, hopefully good, and will likely need a 3 week age before itā€™s close to what it could be.

1 Like

I will leave it for 3-4 weeks yeah. Really gutted about that Caramel tho, I couldnā€™t get CAP version from supplier I usually order and just thought that TFA will do the trick but apparently it wonā€™t :confused:
nothing major tho, think after couple tries Iā€™ll play around it.

1 Like

I know this is an old thread but Iā€™ve read through many and this seemed as good as any. I never considered myself a coffee vapor fan until recently. So now Iā€™ve been obsessing and have spent endless hours everywhere researching coffee flavors and recipes. Iā€™ve learned a lot but want to know if there are recent findings on the subject. I know that the major complaints are burnt popcorn and skunkie off notes. I have FA Dark Bean in the tester and I get why some get skunk but it seems to be smoothing out now. Are there any new coffee flavors that I should know about? I just got FA Tiramisu and have a long list of others. Some are less known to me like Medium House Blend by Stixx Mixx (Gremlin DIY). Iā€™ll be perusing the notes but would love to hear opinions from the folks I know. Thx

2 Likes

Maybe I answered my own question. Since Stixx Mixx are natural coffee extractions Iā€™ll just have to try these. Iā€™m thinking Italian Roast, Kona, and Chock Full of Nuts. Anyone have experience with these?

2 Likes

Ya i have used kona and italian roast and they are very nice - usage is quite high due to them being nets but there are no off notes in them that I found.

On your other post stay low with Tiramisu FA (.7% ish) Inw Tiramisu if you donā€™t have it is also quite nice but again stay low around the .5 -.6% range. You may find that vaping any coffee at higher wattage will produce a slightly off burnt taste so ideally keep your wattage or temp on the lower side

7 Likes

I tried a couple of times performing a coffee extractionā€¦ but, they were kinda busts, IMO. I liked the FA DB Espresso enough to just keep using that instead. Never fooled around with any other coffee concentrate on the market. Hereā€™s a coffee RY4 liquid fresh off the 1 week steep shelfā€¦ made it for my spouse and she gives it high marks. :hugs:

3 Likes

Alright here we go.

My credentials I am a coffee snob. I have had Honduran, Cuban, Costa Rican (sp?), Ethiopian, Kona, Sumatran, and other beans of various countries. So I have the background when it comes to this particular topic.

Store bought coffee liquids:
Charlie Noble Salted Caramel. I know what you are thinking, WTF. It really does hit that coffee dry note for me. Not really any type of caramel at all. Just really good dry coffee notes.
Mountain Oak Vapors - Sunday Morning: This is the dream combo in the past because it imparted flavors of pipe tobacco as a NET and coffee. This is a stout mix and not for the faint of heart.
Mountain Oak Vapors - Americano: Real coffee blend at its harshest in terms of coffee notes.

DIY- This is for the folks that are looking for the coffee notes to make themselves.

Purilum Cappuccino Coffee - the creme de le creme of the coffee DIY. If you are looking for the coffee notes with the cream froth you are used to in a latte well look no further. Superb in my book. This is your true espresso with foam type drink right out of the gate. Mix at high percentages for that great taste.
Euro Flavor - White Coffee: a really sharp coffee that hits all the coffee notes in the right way. More of an espresso type with no burnt notes in my findings. Small percentages goes a long way.
FlavourArt- Tiramisu: If you are also looking for the coffee notes mixed with some chocolate notes then this is your bag! I have added this to some coffee mixes to boost the coffee notes. More your Arabic style coffee flavor. Dark and rich in flavor a dab will do yah!

Hopefully this helps in your coffee endeavors.

9 Likes

Great suggestions! Iā€™ve also had good results with WF Brazilian Coffee. Have some Purilum Caramel Coffee with Sweet Milk on the way after seeing some decent reviews on it.

8 Likes

I find with the Purilum w/sweet milk I have to boost the coffee some, as a stand alone the coffee tastes a bit stale but the cream is good. Brings to mind a half empty cup that has cooled. With a boost though itā€™s nice.

6 Likes

Thank you for the suggestions and information on Stixx Mixx. Because they are natural coffee bean extractions do you find them gunky like NETs?

2 Likes

Hey, thx! I have most those flavors 'cept Holy Grail RY4 and Hard Crack Toffee. Looks like a great recipe.

4 Likes

Sounds like youā€™ve got a good ā€œboostā€ to add to the Purilum. Iā€™m curious to know how it turns out.

4 Likes

Woot Woot, it sure does. Now I just need to order the Purilum and the Euro Flavor. Thank you, so much.

3 Likes

Hey yaā€™ll - I just want to thank all of you for the encouragement and priceless information youā€™ve given me. I spent hours listening to mixing channels and people complaining about skunks and burnt popcornā€¦very discouraging. I knew there had to be a way because I have a commercial coffee juice thatā€™s the bomb. I could pour this stuff over my ice cream and eat it! And I assure you burnt popcorn and skunks arenā€™t a part of my diet. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

For a sweeter mellow coffee I add VT coffee liqueur 2%; if I want it stronger I just add FA expresso 1 or 2 drops per 10ml.

5 Likes

No not particularly they are fairly clean on coils (let sit with I have used far worse :smile: )

4 Likes