Coil Building Show Offs (Part II)

Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

9 Likes

I built these Staple Staggertons for The TM24 PRO which should be here any day. Twisted Messed had them on sale for 20 bones so I really did barrow the cash for this one. I couldnā€™t help myself because I am such a cheap skate and broke to boot, I never would have paid full price for it even if I had the cash.

Anywho, when it gets here Iā€™ll post a pic of them sitting on the TM241 PRO!! Specs to come

13 Likes

coil_rack

Now THIS is a macro coil. Little unsure of what batteries one should use with it thoughā€¦

9 Likes

You might have to talk to tesla for one of thiers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Only if Tesla didnt work with super high voltage and super low current :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So you say you cannot make a braid, but you can produce something like this?
IMO a braid is a hell of a lot easier to makeā€¦ very nicely done!

3 Likes

Thanks man

3 Likes

Well some people have easier times with things that are not declared ā€œeasyā€ others canā€™t do that at all. At least from my experience, Iā€™ve tried so many times a staggered fused clapton, because it apparently falls under the category of simple/beginner.

I just canā€™t do it, then alien and helix I can do without even paying attention, even so itā€™s not simple or beginner lol.

Itā€™s the dumbest thing ever, I gave up on that stupid staggered, my flavor is better from the other ones anyways, but it does irritate me that I canā€™t get something simple to work. In this case I can see why this might be easier than the braid (still havenā€™t tried braiding but on my list) Good job on the staggertons, Dan :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you my dear.

ya, with the braids my hands cramp up and it is extremely painful.

So what part do you have trouble with? I would hazard a guess and say spacing. If so, I have a little tool that helps with that. The thing is awesome! As a matter of fact, I will be posting a video, showing how to use it within the next couple days.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a couple of those vids already. Most skip the details about the tool they use or have bad close-ups so itā€™s hard to see what they do / how they achieve their results. Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for it :wink:

2 Likes

I know right? That is funny because I have already made 3 vids. or I should say ā€œtriedā€ to make 3 videos. I have to get the camera angle right and Iā€™m right handed and and and. I even tried to get my nephew to hold the camera but that didnā€™t work either.

Anywho, when I finish it I will post it in this thread.

4 Likes

Well thatā€™s my new problem lol.

At the beginning my problem was that my wires were too small to stay in the chuck and swivels, even hand drill didnā€™t work, neither did tape/glue and all that stuff lol. Finally got that too work.

Spacing, I get it done with higher gauges (24,26) but the moment I try smaller gauges (28,30,32) thereā€™s no hope for it. It either wonā€™t stay in place, twists all up or actually bunches all together. I tried a couple methods and items people seem to prefer. I just havenā€™t bought a specific tool for it yet.

Definitely looking forward to your video, I am always happy to experiment and trying out different methods etc.

1 Like

Second attempt at coil building, this time an alien. Canā€™t be happier with the results
3x28 core with 34 wrap

I did mess it up but who cares at this stage

11 Likes

Producing this quality on your first coils :astonished: you have natural talent!

1 Like

@adary It looks like it has a Golden Hue color. Is that the wire? or lighting? or image processing?

1 Like

Light in this case. The wire is ss316L and i took the photo with max zoom on my phone.no post processing on this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very cool. Like your website Sir. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will be a pro in no time

Second attempt. This time 34 over 26

11 Likes