Coil Building show offs!

Lol.

Here’s a Billow v2 build I just put into a mates tank.

SS317L 25G wrapped in 38G nichrome 80.

6 wraps, dual coil, 2.5mm ID .15ohms

Flavour city anywhere between 40-70w wicking keeps up too.

2 Likes

j ur frikin crazy… do u keep a coil for longer than a day??? lol

1 Like

Sometimes lol.

Next on my list is stapled tiger coil, then maybe a stapled Clapton,

I’m still trying to think of something that may work better in the Billow.

I’ve even got 8" of 24g Nichrome 80 wrapped with 29g Nichrome 80 for a Clapton that surprisingly fits the post holes in the billow but I fear ramp up would be insane in that build so I’ll leave it for a dripper lol.

The trouble for me is that I like tinkering so I wrap wires for fun (sad I know lol) I’ve actually given away a lot of my older coils that I was collecting, to a vaper who’s got a couple of RDA’s and a mech. He’s blown away by the flavour production on most of them. Which isn’t surprising considering he’s used to a standard 26g coil.

CMJ

1 Like

I’m going to start watching some videos. Really enjoy learning new stuff on coil building. Still waiting for Nichrome wire from China.

1 Like

All you folks with an M80 check this out!

If you run it in mech mode with a .1ohm build look what happens.

It fires at almost 100W on a fully charged battery.

Don’t get me wrong I’m running this at about 50W but it really surprised me to see this yesterday while I was using my twisted messes 1:1 with the stapled helix build.

CMJ

1 Like

Just want to tell everyone about a very handy tool for coil building that I found… I have a tattoo needle and use it to fluff up and shape the cotton in my coils. You can poke, then twist to tuck the ends - just like a dream. It’s the perfect tool for the job.
This one was left here by my daughter’s boyfriend who did tattoos. It is about 7 needles that are about 3/4 inch long connected side by side like a fork, but straight on a stick and the needles are very close together/touching each other.
Here’s a page that shows these type of needles. At a glance, I guess they are about $2 each: http://www.tattooneedles.us/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=115_279

Also… HOW do you attach a photo to a message??? If I knew I’d find you all a photo and post it.

I can only tell you how I do it, as I use a smartphone to access the site most of the time.

When I’ve finished writing my message or on the line I wish to insert a picture I choose the upload link on the bottom right of the message window.

1 Like

You press this little upload-icon:

1 Like

Fitted a stapled tiger coil in my Twisted messes RDA last night.

This is using some 24g Nichrome 80 twisted with a 2strand .5mm kanthal ribbon wrapped in 32g Kanthal.

4 wraps on a 2.4mm came in at .26ohms.

Great great flavour on this build at 45w.

My new glass came this morning for my billow so I’m currently vaping my .18ohm SS317 Clapton like I posted above.

Can’t believe how much I missed my tank (who would have thought it lol)

CMJ

Having got my glass replacement for my billow (plus one spare just incase) I’m really enjoying the SS317L Clapton build that I’m rocking at the moment.

I did however make some wire last night to try out at some point.

It’s a 29g Nichrome 80 fused Clapton that’s wrapped with 32g Kanthal.

I’ll try that out next week when it’s time for a coil change lol.

CMJ

@NewDrip @mixedup1 @quitter1 @daath @Jimk @PIXXIEPUFFS @JoJo @BlueDragon @Ken_o_where @Aux

So I’ve just made some wire in work while I had a few minutes.

This is using 2x26g claptons that are wrapped with 38g NiCr80, 2x26g strands and then fused with 32g.

I think I recall @NewDrip making a wire similar to this a while back with multiple cores that are fused.

I was trying to get them to stay parallel during the fuse but the ended up stacking a little bit which isn’t too much of a problem.

I’m thinking 4 wraps on a 2.4mm hopefully will come out about .15ohms.

Stay tuned because in a couple of hours this will be mounted into the El Cabron and I’ll show some mounting and firing pics.

My hope is that the 26g strands will fire first then the claptons.

We’ll see in about 5 hours once I get home and the kids go to bed lol.

CMJ

6 Likes

whoooo how can u send me some??? no joke?

I’ll check and see how much the AirMail would be.

This is how the wire looked on a 2.4mm ID with 5 wraps at .18ohms mounted on the El Cabron.

it’s just crazy crazy stuff!!!

1 Like

I must admit it looks cool as F*ck when it’s coiled lol.

Here’s some other wire I’ve been making tonight.

Kind of a belly of the beast style wire but not as pretty.

24g/32g Clapton. De-cored.

32g wrapper stretched out and then 28g threaded through and cut into 3 equal pieces and then reverse twisted together.

2 Likes

Last night I was building my Billow V2 deck with a 29g NiCr80 fused Clapton that was wrapped in 32g Kanthal and I snapped the legs on my coil.

So seeing as it was 12am I decided to throw a quick build in the billow.

So I wrapped an 8wrap 2.5mm ID 24g Kanthal dual coil @.28ohms. meh!

Flavour was good but nothing compared to a Clapton or fused build.

So today when I popped home for lunch (30mins) I made some 24g NiCr80 and .8mm Ribbon Kanthal Tiger wire.

6 wraps on a 2mm ID dual coil @.11ohms.

Ah!!! Flavour is punching again.

So if you have a billow V2 @Jimk I urge you to try this build in the Billow.

CMJ

2 Likes

Ti has put a stop to all those fancy builds for me. I didn’t realize how much all that metal affected the taste. Until you use Ti you may think the flavor is top notch. Once you get a hit with no metal taste you will see the difference. I can’t bring myself to build like that anymore.

2 Likes

Might buy myself some Ti and throw a build in something to try.

I’ve got another vudget next month mainly for flavours etc but in another month I’m going to jump onto the TC band wagon but at the same time I’m also going to get myself either a Dual or Triple parallel Mech box so I can try super Sub Ohm with Kanthal and NiCr.

I hate this timid you! Lol.

CMJ

2 Likes

Yep, I’ve settled down. My main focus is on the liquid now. Super Sub without TC is a no go. Too much heat… You need to be able to control the temp. You my be able to use glass drip tips… but the vape will be hot.

2 Likes

T.C. makes a radical difference to vaping from my minor experience with APV.

Don’t get me wrong those artistic builds you posted where beautiful.

2 Likes